🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Offensive Username

Comments

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑

Wow! Thanks for letting me know what this means. If you haven't already, let the Moderators know what this means as well. People should not be doing this sort of thing.

• NatalieG

@Heidstar,

I too don't like the emoji's, but I was told that I could turn them off and that's exactly what I did. I don't even think about them anymore. At the bottom of the emoji's you can turn them off and even if your opponent uses them, you won't see them.

• NatalieG

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

I too didn't know what that stood for. I don't use slang or the abbreviated letters in text messages, I completely spell out everything. Whenever someone uses that, I generally have to ask "what does that mean?" I have only one friend who used to do that, and I just told her "don't send me any text messages with abbreviated letters, I don't know what it means and I was tired of asking her or someone else what it meant. I also told her I would not answer the text if she did that.

I probably should learn more about this but I was taught to use complete sentences and that's exactly what I do. Right now because of a cell phone, I hardly know anyone's phone numbers by heart, I am trying to rectify that by learning phone numbers all over again. Sure, I am glad to have technology advance in so many ways but basic things like learning a phone number should be from memory. If I were to lose my phone, I would not know anyone's phone number. That's a shame.

• Heidstar
    Heidstar Posts: 58 Level 2

This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about.

i love the emojis when used in a friendly way between players. Why should we not be able to communicate in a friendly manner just because there are players out there who are nasty? Why not take away the “nasty fuel” (ie. laughing emoji) rather than making it the friendly players problem and tell the friendly players they have to miss out on friendly communication?

again, it’s supporting the negative behaviour rather than removing it, and punishing the friendly players by taking away what should be a fun element of the game.

Victim blaming by the creators is absolutely rife in this game. It’s disgusting.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited April 2022

@Heidstar, the customer's service is mostly for issues about purchases, refunds and everything related to this!

If you want to report an offensive player's name, you can inform a mod and then we know what to do!

Just for the records I inform you that our tech team already found the first player with offensive name that was reported here and the problem is solved! 🙂

• Heidstar
    Heidstar Posts: 58 Level 2

I’m pretty sure the role of customer service is to provide customer service 🤷🏼‍♀️ Had I asked something that wasn’t their job, wouldn’t the appropriate response be to direct me to where I could get the help requested? Not to name call, ridicule, gaslight, victim blame and threaten me?

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5

First I have to say that customer service is not a part of the forum, of the Community. It is a part of the King company.

It is responsible for purchases, refunds and anything related to financial issues. You can also ask for technical problems and anything related to the relationship between you and the company.

The misbehavior of another player, is not a problem between you and the company.

If you are in a store and another customer misbehaves, you don't go to the customer's service, but you call the security guard to take care!

So for this case you have to report the issue here, tag the mod and then everything is on the way.

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5

Thankfully Jelly has many members who show that Community Spirit, kindness, manners and thoughtfulness, I love that ! 🥰

They let us know when somethings not quite right or flag something inappropriate themselves. This is a big help to us and as soon as it's flagged or reported our CM's and some in Support are on it quickly. I see this often and am thankful for it as we keep our forums as friendly and safe as possible, also keeping in mind out underagers👍

Actually, we've had a few unusual/ unique issues over the last year and our Tech Supporters have really been helpful with those and quick to lend a hand. It's awesome that some are thanked for tags but the Tech Support people can often be unsung hero's that are forgotten 🤔 Some things are handled in PM's to keep info private, although this assistance is unseen, I personally, appreciate everything they do behind the scenes. 🤗

Purchases aren't dealt with in the Community but inappropriate usernames are, so rest assured, we definitely pass them on to be dealt with.

The Emoji's...well.....personally...I ignore it and don't let them put me off my game...probably used negatively by those who may not be as good at strategy or game play.....or sometimes even those who are young and think it's hilarious or like to bork others......yes they have the option to be turned off and some even use them to be positive and wave or give a thumbs up.....up to the individual and how mature they are I guess......it takes all sorts to make the world turn 🦋

We can only set the example in how we, ourselves behave and speak. Hopefully others follow that positivity and thinking outside the box.😎

Have a great Day Everyone! Spring is here and time to rock out to good and happy vibes!🌺🦋🌻

• NatalieG

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

Thanks! I am very pleased to know that the Studio has found out what player was using that name! I truly wouldn't want one of my nieces or nephews to see something like that. They don't play the game as often as I do but when they do play, I wouldn't want them to encounter that name.

Once again, thank you.

• NatalieG

@Lady_Sarina,

Thank you to all the Moderators for this Community and the Tech Support and Staff!

You all have a tough job at times but you all care to make sure that when things do occur, you handle it. I know a lot of things are handled in the background that we (Community Members) don't realize are happening. We come to you, you take action/and or pass it on to the next level. I haven't been a member of this Community for long but I appreciate all you do.

When the Royal Championship wasn't available for me those two very, very long weeks, I was crushed. It made me appreciate EVERY aspect of the games, Staff, Tech Support and any other entity related to the games. From that moment on, I told myself not to complain about hiccups that happen along the way. I learned that this game was played in multiple languages and platforms. The Staff, Moderators and Tech Support has multiple issues during the course of EVERY King game and they are doing the best at all times.

Thanks once again for EVERYTHING you do!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?