๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Offensive Username

Options

Comments

• Heidstar
    Heidstar Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

Again, here we go with the victim blaming, from none other than a mod. Disappointing. The tech support has an option for โ€œfeedback and suggestions โ€œ , at the time I reported the offensive name, it was so offensive I would not want to screenshot it to be seen in the forums. These kind of things are best dealt with privately- hence contacting support, thatโ€™s what they are called SUPPORT. By coming on here telling ME, that I have done the wrong thing by trying to protect the community, something I have gone out of MY way to do, taking up MY time, you, again, are VICTIM BLAMING. One would assume there is no place for this in the forums, yet here you are, a MODERATOR, trying to turn this into my fault some how.

This forum should be a safe place for everyone, yet here you are again proving my point that the people who represent King, whether paid or voluntary, are of the mindset to bully and blame innocent players trying to do the right thing. Very disappointing and disturbing

• Nadia1770
    Nadia1770 Posts: 851 Level 5
    Options

I have to say that the forum makes a very good job and the tech team found the first player with offensive name!

The others are following!

It is sad that there are skeptics who express denial and dissatisfaction for the forum and are against the people who try to help.

• Heidstar
    Options

Ummmm, is this aimed at me? Are you name calling now? Its not skepticism when the facts are right there in front of your face. Yes, I AM dissatisfied with VICTIM BLAMING. There should be NO PLACE for it anywhere, forums or customer service.

it is VERY SAD that moderators are resorting to this negative behaviour in what is supposed to be a family friendly community. Please let me know where exactly your claim of โ€œdenialโ€ fits in all of this. The only denial I can see is that of the moderators owning their behaviour.

A player reporting an offensive name through the โ€œfeedback and suggestions โ€œ form the tech team have provided is exactly that, providing feedback of the offensive nam and suggesting it be removed in order to help KING provide a safe, harmonious place for ALL.

For doing this Iโ€™m being told I am in the wrong? VICTIM BLAMING

For doing this Iโ€™m being called a skeptic? NAME CALLING

For standing up for myself, and all other players who try to help the community who get treated this way, I am now being ambushed by moderators attempting to bully and harass me? How is this in line with KING community standards?

Please set your egos aside and think of the community and the example you are setting in this supposed โ€œfamily friendlyโ€ community.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @Heidstar!

I'm sorry you had a negative experience when you reported an offensive name yourself- I'm always shocked when I see them on player screenshots, I'm lucky I have never seen any in my game ๐Ÿ˜…. But I can imagine it's disturbing.

We do what we can to prevent it from happening, but some names just make it to the game despite all, and that's when the Community can help- players can report them, and we can pass the information to the Studio like we did this time around.

Mods and CMs are here to help, and not to harass other players. Victim blaming and name calling is of course not accepted in the forum. After having read the whole conversation, I can luckily say I haven't seen this behavior coming from our Mods or any other player. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but you were wrong when you said here that nothing would be done: it has been done already, and we all should be happy about it โ˜บ๏ธ. On the other hand, we really appreciate that your intention was to protect players, and that was the reason behind your comment.

I wish you had had the same experience the first time around, and I know our agents in Player Support are generally very kind and empathize with our players.

Now please, the issue has been solved, let's just hope we can spot and remove all offensive names that make it to the game in the future and go on playing and enjoying the game we love.

• Heidstar
    Options

Poppy, thanks for your reply. As you have said, we are all entitled to our own opinion. I can only go on MY past experiences, as everyone else does, and I am not wrong when I say โ€œ nothing was done to remove the offensive screen nameโ€ when I reported one. Iโ€™m glad in this case it was done, itโ€™s good to see improvements in the response by King to players concerned about keeping this a safe community.

However, your claims of โ€œno name calling or victim blamingโ€ have no substance as by viewing the conversation I was clearly told I was WRONG for reporting the name to customer support and clearly labelled a โ€œskepticโ€ Perhaps education on psychological abuse could be something team members could be educated on in the future to avoid this happening in the future. Blame shifting is a common response by people in an attempt to remove the focus of their inappropriate behaviour and shift the blame to another. The conversation above is a clear example of this if you research common personality disorders.

opinions are opinions and facts are facts.

Now please, condescending comments are also not a necessary or helpful part of customer service. I would advise against using these in an attempt to resolve any situation in the future as they remove any sincerity in your response.

Basically, communicate with others the way youโ€™d like others to communicate with you. Itโ€™s pretty simple.Equality is a beautiful thing if it is practised.

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Lola_Pop,

I truly didn't mean for this topic to spark off in a debate like this. All I was doing was letting the Community know of a screen name that was offensive. I didn't think about reporting it to Support because I knew if I reported it here, the Moderators would see it and respond. That's exactly what happened.

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis responded to my post and informed me that it was reported to the appropriate person and that they would TRY to see who it was. It was then reported that they found the person who did it. I thought that was the end of it and if anyone else came upon an offensive screen name, they could use this discussion to report it.

I haven't been a player of the games for long. As a matter of fact, I did not "jump on the band wagon" when any of these games first came along. Jelly was my first game, therefore it's my favorite. I stumbled on to this Community by accident and this Community made me feel welcomed and always had. I am comfortable here interacting with the Community and sometimes don't be here a lot because once the Royal Championship is on, I tend to forget about the Community. But I know it's always here and the Moderators are here to keep us informed.

@Heidstar,

I truly am sorry to hear about your experience with Support. To be honest with you, I didn't even think about going to Tech Support with this. My natural instinct was to report it in the Community because I knew one of the many Moderators would see it and pass it along. Once again, one of the Moderators saw it and passed it along. I hope you will continue to report ANYTHING that doesn't look right or sound right, because that's how we can stop it. My apologies to you!

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

Hi @NatalieG

You are doing fine and yes that was one of the Avenues open to you in the Community, to contribute to keeping the Forums and Games friendly and safe. ๐ŸŒป

The RC is a global Game and when it comes to the names people choose for themselves, what is acceptable in one land or age group, may not be in another. Sometimes common sense can be missing also, along with people's sense of humour being different. There's also those, that like to be rebellious or seek attention, even if it's negative.....๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ It takes all sorts to make the world turn, even those who are immature also ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

๐Ÿ”นIf a name is so offensive, that a screenshot would be inappropriate publicly in the Community, it can be sent via PM to a CM or Moderator. Who will then pass it on to the right people, in the right area.

๐Ÿ”นIt can also be posted in a discussion like this one and a CM or Moderator tagged to see it and the link can be used when passing on the info.

๐Ÿ”นIn the Support Area of Jelly, it can also be posted and a CM or Moderator tagged to see it and the link can be used when passing on the info.

๐Ÿ”นIn the Support Area of Jelly, you'll also find the Help Center in the White Ribbon. Under the bolded Subheading - Privacy & Terms - there is also the "How do I report abuse?" and a "Contact us" form at the bottom of the page.

๐Ÿ”ธIn Game - Under "How do I report abuse" you'll also find the "Contact us" button where you can report the offensive/ inappropriate name

๐Ÿ”นIf it is in the Community itself, then any member can report it using the "Flag" option for it to be seen and investigated.

Tips: Lowercase letters are fine and providing detail is very helpful. Screenshots, dates, device & platform info etc

The tone of written words, can be interpretated differently and also, allowing for the use of a translator or English being a second language, is a great kindness, to factor into, a multicultural Community.

Tis good to remember, that we all have a Digital Footprint, that reflects our written words, tone, activity, comments and reputation. Thankfully most Jellies do follow the House Rules and are kind, friendly, fluid and co-operative in word and tone.

Have a great day everyone. Spring is here and Wildflowers are starting to bloom ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿฆ‹

• shafer223
    shafer223 Posts: 265 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Mmmmmm

So I see where we hang out while waiting for our lives to charge.

I'd like to throw something out there if I may

I personally could care less how you do your name but the sore loses who get mad and leave before I'm done showing them nifty new tricks they too might be able to use in the future to win. The ones that slam the door so hard I lose my 2 extra points every time,is there any possible chance we can put neon paint around there names so everyone can know what to expect if they start winning against them ????

Ty

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

@shafer223 I know right LOL I've had that a bit lately and I've hardly made any moves ๐Ÿ˜‚

• MooMooKD
    MooMooKD Posts: 48 Level 2
    Options

@shafer223 Oh don't get me started! But what about the players who have their special power ups, use them then leave! Premature/Habitual/Unnecessary blockers!!!

I hold my hands up though, I will leave if you have say 48 out of 50 & you come across to block me when it's clear you're going to make your "killer move" ๐Ÿคฃ

Not that I'm a sore loser or anything ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?