🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Offensive Username

Options

Comments

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

Yes, I did notice that, but I knew the meaning of the screen name. I hope that the studio will be able to find out who this is anyway. It's just like someone only using the first letter of the word to try and fly under the radar thinking no one won't know what it means. Most of the time I don't know the meaning of it. I don't use that in my text, except for simple things like LOL or something like that. I have a friend that used to use those in a text to me and every time I would text back???, wondering what they meant and she had to text back the full spelling of the words. Take for instance I didn't know what smh (shaking my head) meant. Now when she text me she doesn't use that with me. I spell out everything when I text any one, I will and do use LOL and that is about as far I will go in a text.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

@NatalieG, now I understood! It is not wrong orthography!! 😲

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2
    Options

Unbelievable how clicky this so called community is. I reported an offensive screen name and so did another player and both of us were made out to be the bad people. I also got told "To be Kind"!!!!!!!! but when NatalieG reports it Nikolaos is over it like a car bonnet. The rules and procedures need to be the same for everyone not just your favourites. No wonder there are so many complaints against the moderators on here. Its not a community its a platform for those in the click to voice their opinions freely and without any recourse whilst the rest of us get pulled up if we dare voice an opinion.

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I am sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience reporting an offensive screen name.

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis does not show favoritism to me. The only reason I get a response from him, I tag him by using @Nikolaos_Prodromidis when I report an offensive screen name. Therefore when he comes to the Community, he has a tag ( I don't know the proper name) from me. From my understanding if you use the @ for anyone of the CM's or anyone, you receive a response from that person. This is the only reason @Nikolaos_Prodromidis responds to my post.

May I suggest that you use this post to report offensive screen names and use the @ for any of the CM's to make them aware of it.

Offensive screen names should not have a place here or in your game. Being that this is the Royal Championship Community, any offensive screen names in your other King games should be reported in that Community.

Once again I am sorry that you have had an unpleasant experience reporting this. Your voice and opinions matter just as well as ANYONE.

• holliedolly2002
    Options

@NatalieG Hi NatalieG. My comment was not aimed at you at all and I hope i have not caused offence. I was just annoyed that my experience was not a smooth one. I complained about a player with a name that I deemed offensive (I was told off when using symbols as I did not want to to write the name) the player was called the F word and then the word you (hopefully I wont be in trouble for writing it that way!) I was disgusted especially as I know children play the game. However, my disgust was replaced with anger when I was told I had to be kind, which did grate on me somewhat as there was no mention of the awful player's name. There was another person who complained about offensive screen names and she also received negative comments. I do feel there is a clickiness within this community and I have mentioned this to Lady Sarina.

Thank you for your advice which is good advice but I wont do anything further as for me personally I feel it falls on deaf ears. I am also far to old to be told off for not being kind especially when my post was not derogatory in the slightest.

Thank you for your response and advice its much appreciated.

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

You have not offended me and I apologize if I offended you.

Please don't stop reporting offensive screen names, that's the only way we are going to stop those names from appearing. I have nieces and nephews who play this game and other King games and I don't want them to encounter screen names like that. It takes all of us to keep our Community and games free from that sort of thing. It truly does "take a village " to protect our loved ones from this. So, please tag the CM's regarding this when you encounter those who bring offensive names.

One other thing I did as well, I disabled those emojis during a game. I consider it a form of bullying, but the studio has not changed them as far as I know. I don't mind some of them, like the "huh", but you can't choose which one you see without enabling them all.

Once again please don't stop reporting offensive screen names. There are a lot I don't know what they mean but someone else does. So, if you know the meaning, please report it.

• holliedolly2002
    Options

@NatalieG agree with you 100% but reported it twice and on both occasions was reprimanded so to say! so wont be pursuing it on this occasion. I hope they find the person you complained about.

Again agree with you on the emojis, the player I was complaining about not only had the vile name but laughed constantly as you can imagine I was delighted when I won especially as they had the special boosters as well.

Its been lovely chatting with you we may play one day!

• Heidstar
    Heidstar Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

I have to agree with @holliedolly2002 on this one. I was also met with extreme negativity from mods when I reported an offensive screen name. I’m glad that your experience hasn’t been the same @NatalieG but for me, trying to help the community turned into a lot of nastiness directed at me. The person with the F name you reported holliedollie has simply changed the F to a Ph now but like you, I won’t be reporting again as the negative backlash for trying to help is not worth it.

I have read on another forum this particular game labelled by psychologists as “ the personality disorder playground” with the creators of the game deliberately encouraging this antisocial behaviour in order to isolate players from society so they spend more time on the game. It’s definitely something to ponder……

They also say that this doesn’t apply to ALL players, more so it encourages players who already display these tendencies to use these behaviours more in order to normalise and believe these behaviours are OK.

Very interesting……..

• MooMooKD
    MooMooKD Posts: 48 Level 2
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?