๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Arenas: tips, hints, ideas, screenshots and more!

Comments

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5

Hi Jellies!

New week, new event today and available Arenas for you are 2, 4 and 10!

Arena 2:

Arena 4

Arena 10:

I do not announce Arenas lately, but today's combination is a good chance for you to proceed far in levels! I am going to try too!

The Jelly Team wishes you Good Luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

• sherricrash
    sherricrash Posts: 31 Level 2

I've never been able to win against Gandalf. I think he's a bot... Lol I've played him a lot too!!!

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited August 2022

@sherricrash hi!

I also thought the same and I had a "catalog" of "known bots"!!!! If you go to that page and scroll a bit down, you can see that I also played against "Gandalf"!!!!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค–

They are not bots! They are just people who play without fb or King or other account and the game gives them random avatars + names!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

In the far beginning they were named player, spieler etc. In 2020 appeared the well known names as Gandalf, Franceska ,Tarik ,Josefina, Oleh, Mohammadu, Chun-Chieh, Inzhu etc lol! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

They are just players! You can do the same, if you try playing out of a fb etc account. I did it. The name you see on your screen is "Me", but your opponents see one of the random names! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• sherricrash
    sherricrash Posts: 31 Level 2

So I have a question. Is it common to have the same person on your scoreboard every week or every other week? I saw one of your posts where you said that you tried to play with your wife and went at the same time but ended up on different leaderboards so meaning there's a whole lot of people playing. I get this one guy for sure that's been on my board like every week I just thought it was kind of weird the odds of that happening. I've also noticed that I play the same people quite often too throughout the weeks like the last two days I've played a couple people quite a few times they actually have their real picture up there so it's not just a common name or something it's like the same name and same personal picture. I wouldn't think that would happen very often with all these people playing. Was just curious that's all ., and again thanks for all you do in this community you're awesome ๐Ÿ˜

Sherri

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis

Hi Jellies!

I announce again R.C. Arenas!

New event today and available Arenas are: 2, 5 and 11!

Arena2:

Arena 5:

Arena 11:

The Jelly Team wishes you Good Luck! ๐Ÿ…

@NatalieG, @holliedolly2002, our favorite Arena is here!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ†

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2

Hi @Nikolaos_Prodromidis and @NatalieG Arena 7 looks fun. I am not sure when I started playing it must have been 2019 and definitely 2020 during lockdown! Be interesting to see if they ever bring them back. Hope you have a good weekend. By the way how is the tournament going! Natalie should be popping on here later today.

Hi@Nikolaos_Prodromidis thanks for the heads up. I did use the free games or at least tried! Unfortunately, I was playing against the great unskilled with the huge reliance on blockers. Unless you go first it's impossible to get a game and you end up being a spectator in the blocking show of whoever your opponent is. How any player and I use that term loosely who blocks from the first go and then literally on every move and then subsequently wins thinks they have achieved a victory is beyond me. I won't change the way I play so it is pointless me purchasing 24 hours. Last week I played a person named Crusher. OMG they blocked on every move, know idea where he/she kept getting them from I think they were breeding them. It was getting to the point it was silly, blocking one random jelly at the bottom of the board which had no bearing on the game. I am very pleased to report I won without one single blocker being used by me. As I have said previously the game has changed considerably with all the enjoyment for me just a distant memory. I would certainly start playing again if blockers were removed or limited. Blocking on the first move should not be allowed. Lots of players pay for the 24 hours like my lovely friend Natalie as well as competition there has to be fairness and when players who have purchased (like I used to) don't even get a game due to this heavy reliance on blocking to me that stinks of unfairness and I think the studio should be rethinking things. I have written many posts about blockers and to date not one serial blocker has ever responded. I believe these players are not members of the community or that they have read the posts and their silence speaks volumes! I do miss playing our favourite arena but find with the current style of play it's not for me. The free tickets suffice when I want to play our favourite arena. Hope you are keeping well.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited September 2022

hi @holliedolly2002 and thank you for your detailed post!

This story about overblocking started back on September 2020! If I want to be honest, I would like a R.C. without any blockers at all and the powerful boosters to fillup not in 8 red/blue candies but in 15!

Yesterday I quit last event not playing any more, because my max. streak for the whole weekend was 3! No interest!

I had a nice time playing Jelly main board and BW3! I also spent time with my family and friends! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am going to inform all Jelly and R.C. players if old Arenas come again in use!

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑

@holliedolly2002,

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

I hear you loud and clear! I guess I didn't notice it before but now my eyes are wide open! It seems like with every Arena now, as soon as a player fills up their blocker, it's on! I don't think I noticed that much because I do play the 24hr play. The advantage I have because of this, I don't have to wait an hour for a ticket. But, the levels have become harder to pass even with 24hr, so someone who isn't playing 24hr, it's an even greater disadvantage. I do block, there are really three reasons why I will block, if you block me first,you have colorbomb or coloring candy and third, if you have the making to get a colorbomb or coloring candy. Blocking a colorbomb or coloring candy or if you have the making to get either of these is a strategic measure for me, blocking because you blocked me first, even though I clearly could have blocked you on the previous move, is just me doing what you have done to me, plain and simple.

I also think that blocking after your very first move so your opponent won't be able to perform the same move, should not be allowed. As you said, it's a disadvantage to the other player and they are just watching a one person blocking show. There were only a about 3 or 4 games I played in this two day tournament when neither I or my opponent didn't use our blocker. One game I played where my opponent had the making of a colorbomb with about 4 moves left for each of us, I didn't block them from making it. The reason, we both had blockers early on in the game, but didn't use them, so I respected their play and didn't block them from making that. They won the game, but I didn't mind the loss. That was a game of skill, not blocking just because you can. This is just one thing you have taught me @holliedolly2002.

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis has a discussion about excessive blocking and how it can backfire. And sometimes it does!

Here's my score for this tournament.I believe it is safe to say I won.

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

And regards to that, why do you only get one badge per first, second and third? I know I work hard and spend gold bars to win my leaderboard and tournament. I don't always be first, but that doesn't mean I don't try to be, except when I deliberately tried to be second and third to get those badges. So why can't there be badges and points for a player finishes 1,2,and 3?

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis

@NatalieG, of course there are the Gold Bars and boosters for 1, 2, and 3 positions on R.C.

Adding a badge for these positions was a great idea and we did it, but obviously we cannot create multiple 1st, 2nd or 3rd position badges!! These badges can be obtained only once! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?