🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

This Score is the by-product of 24 Hour Ticket sales! Is a score of over 1000 the new RC Standard?

Sinaman
Sinaman Posts: 22 Level 2
edited March 2021 in The Royal Championship

So this Player dodo is currently Number 1 with a score of 1192, in my group. Let's do some simple math: Currently I have 6 hours of game play left out of 46 total hours which means about 40 hours this dodo player has had to achieve his score of 1192. That means, on average dodo would have to earn approximately 30 points per hour which is within reason, but to maintain that score for 40 hours seems skeptical, considering how many games would need to be played continuously. If each game takes approximatley 5 minutes to complete, that would only be 12 games per hour approximately. This is my gripe about having the 24 hour tickets as an option to purchase. It creates an unfair advantage to those that either can't afford the price or don't have enough time needed to achieve and surpass a score like this player dodo has achieved. I understand the need for King to make money, but is it morally or ethically correct to encourage such extreme unfair advantages during a "competition of skills and luck" by allowing players to Pay to Win? It's barely acceptable to offer 5 additional tickets for purchase but to even have an option for 24 hours worth of tickets is unequivocally creates a hostile and unfair gaming experience to those that can't afford the cost or time to even have a chance at winning. Is this what we should be teaching the youth of today? If you have enough money than you too can be a winner and no skills or strategy is required! The Royal Championship concept is fun and exciting to play and game creators have done an excellent job! I applaud them for creating new boards and changes to game play to improve the gaming experience for players. Unfortunately it appears that Corporate Profit has been more influential in the design of the game lately, rather than creating a equitable, fair and ethical gaming competition. Seriously though, what would the gaming world think if all video games had an option to purchase an extremely unfair advantage at winning any gaming competition? Am I the only one who thinks that Pay to Win games are not really a competition of gaming prowess, but more about if you afford the chance to win? Something to ponder, as we as a human race navigate our role in the cosmos, hopefully improving ourselves in the process! Now go do the right thing!

May your day be filled with Jelly!

Comments

• wrinklydolly
    wrinklydolly Posts: 1 Newbie

This exact thing is ruining my experience of the challenge. At the moment the leader of my contest is on 1289 points. I’m in second place with 220. Don’t feel like competing anymore !

• Sinaman

I did once, keyword ONCE, purchase the 24 Hour tickets and what a nightmare that became! I basically could not put my phone down for more than 30 seconds or the other player, who obviously had purchased the 24 hours as well, would pass me up on the leader-board. After nearly 6 hours of solid game play, I ended up just putting the phone down and walking away from the number one spot as I realized it wasn't worth losing my sanity just for a silly phone game. I think they should limit the amount of tickets you can buy with Gold Bars so the game doesn't become a War of Money and less about actually have the skills to win.. The game is fun and nerve-wrecking at the same time, since your opponent could move one Candy and blow up the board, making you lose the game. It makes the game unfair when anyone can spend some real world cash and never have to worry about actually winning since you can win the RC from just the shear volume of losses if using Unlimited tickets. Fortunately, I haven't lately seen a significant amount of people playing with unlimited tickets so it hasn't been much of an issue lately. It's almost the same as cheating in my book, as you don't need any skills to lose and yet still can win, with the 24 hour tickets.

• cmgunn
    cmgunn Posts: 35 Level 2
    edited August 2020

W. O. W. What in the heck?? For one, yes... I completely agree with y’all, it’s cheating 101. For two, I’d be scared to buy unlimited tickets bc I’d never ever put my phone down and wouldn’t sleep. 😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️

But, like I’ve said before, I’ve never bought anything from any of these games.... including RC, and don’t intend in starting either. Maybe that’s just me though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sinaman

It's not exactly cheating to buy unlimited tickets but it's definitely an unfair advantage considering not everyone has the ability to purchase unlimited tickets. I think it makes King look unscrupulous when they provide a pay to win option to this or any gaming competition I think that people who purchase tickets should be in a separate competition so as to not permit unfair advantages and disenfranchise those who are not able to buy additional tickets for whatever reason. I also think there should be a CAP on how many tickets you can buy per session too. This is assuming that we are actually playing a REAL jam being and not a bot. The game is an awesome concept, that is fun and challenging at times.. I do like how you have to earn the striped hammer so that much power isn't abused excessively. I get that they are a business and desire to make a profit but it shouldn't compromise their integrity as a corporation.

• djilik
    djilik Posts: 6 Level 2

I agree : buy unlimited tickets gives a huge and unfair advantage compared to any player who just wait for time goes by giving new ticket.

No chance following players in board can win without this.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,622 Sweet Legend

@DieOmimi

I think you can definitely talk to here !!!

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,321 Friends Moderator

thanks for tagging me @Spinnifix

Unfortunately, I cannot reply until today.

Yes, there are many players who have a 24-hourBuy a ticket and thus of course have advantages. I didn't deal with what a ticket would cost. But in another discussion, I read that it is not worth it. The players only do it for fun in the game. 

The first place in RC gets less GB (I think 15) than he gets for a 24-hour ticket paid. And who can really take advantage of such a ticket? No one can play 24 hours at a time and no device is in operation 24 hours, considering that RC only works on mobile devices.

I play RC occasionally when I'm at the end of the card and don't have to do anything at any other game. I use the normal tickets and don't spend any money. I don't have that much fun at RC. If I'm lucky and a good board, I'll be in the top places. If not, then I can live with it. It's too tedious for me to be annoyed when I lose. I take it as it is.

I'm concentrating on the main map of the game to reach the end of the map before new levels are released.

• Mrsloper
    Mrsloper Posts: 59 Level 2

Wow! The one with the most tickets, gets the advantage! It’s competitive by any means ... it’s also a game!

see you soon macaroon

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5

Unlimited is an option! I used to get unlimited a long time ago, mostly to use my collected gold bars! I come 1st, 2nd or 3rd many times!

Now I prefer playing with normal tickets and use the 5 ticket purchase option from time to time.

On the other hand, I don't like if there are people with unlimited in the leaderboard! So I prefer to get into the game a few hours later and not when the event starts, because the most addicted players come in from the beginning and they are the players who mostly buy unlimited!! 😎 😃 😜

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5

I found this old thread and I have to post a screenshot of my leaderboard, just because it fits here, just to remember some old discussions!

😁😎😆😉

@NatalieG @holliedolly2002 @Nadia1770 @tokasa13 @NamTruong2001 @Princess_Jessica

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?