Accepting any combination of letters as legitimate words! (Resolved)

SchnippsSchnipps Posts: 4
edited February 25 in Support
I have suddenly experienced a very strange thing. Alphabetty is now accepting any combination of letters as legitimate words. I have been struggling with level 876 for some time, but this morning I have covered every letter on the screen and it has been accepted as a word. I did this for the whole level and have accrued a score of 572491. It has put me at the top of he leader board but it is not much fun!
When I quit the game by pressing the green cog, a series of screens appear starting with 'messages' with headings 'Id'. 'Status' and 'Reason'. Is this part of Alphabetty or is it my device.
Has anybody had this? Can anybody help?

Best Answer

Prev1

Answers

• playerduncanplayerduncan Posts: 1
    Hi, I am on level 720 and the game changed in a few ways.  Has there been an update?  If you enter any string of letters now, however long, it thinks it's a word.  You can get squeaktastico every go!
    Is there a fix?  I have 're-installed but it's just the same.
    Thanks
  • Alessandro_SAlessandro_S Posts: 311 Superstar
    Hi @playerduncan - thanks for posting!

The problem doesn't happen for me on Android playing in Italian.

What platform / version of the app / language are you playing with?
  • gjm5252gjm5252 Posts: 1
    Playing in English on Andriod and I'm having the same problem. It even accepts two letter words or anything I put in. 
    Since this issue started on the left hand side of my map screen it now says console upside down and on the upper right it has some new icon. 
  • lellylelly Posts: 2
    Three now. Not much fun .

• lellylelly Posts: 2
    Playing in English on Kindle same problem 

• abbey4pawsabbey4paws Posts: 1
    Four now not much fun
  • SchnippsSchnipps Posts: 4
    Hi Alessandro_S
    I am using an Amazon Fire 7 in English. Not sure of the version (how do I find that out?)
    My wife uses an Apple iPad and she is OK
  • QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 3,670 Community Manager
    Hi everyone and thanks a lot for letting us know! Thanks @Alessandro_S for pointing this to me! 

It seems that the issue is happening on all devices, except iOS - We're looking in it as we speak! in the meantime, could you please clear cache and cookies from your device and re-start the game (force close and re-open)? Let us know if that solves the issue or not.

Thank you!

Welcome to the King Community!
    Check our Discussions Section to find out how to win Gold, Boosters or goodies!

Beat my score at Candy Friends and win Free boosters - Here
    Candy Friends - Imagine the next outfit and win 20 Gold bars - Here
    Let us know what's your fav place to play your fav Bubble game and win Gold - here
    BW3 - Beat my score and get Free boosters - Here

• Alessandro_SAlessandro_S Posts: 311 Superstar
    Interesting that you mention it @QueenMia - I do exactly that (force close/restart) every day to ensure the booster wheel pops up, because it doesn't always appear... unless I force close/restart app which is a sure-fire way to get the wheel!
    Yes, it's best to do this regularly, @Alessandro_S, as it really helps and makes sure the game info get updated :) 

Let us know what's your fav place to play your fav Bubble game and win Gold - here

• Jane-15Jane-15 Posts: 4
    Did what you said but it did not help. If I wanted to I can make an "acceptable" word of 24 letters!

I have version 1.54.4. I also noticed on the main game board that shows the map I see the words "Console",  "Up" and "Down". That wasn't there last time I played.
    I am also running version 1.54.4 and have exactly the same options appearing on the screen as Jane-15.
    In some respects those options are quite good as they allow you to scroll backwards, to replay previous levels, a lot quicker.
    I was doing that quite often when I had caught up the game and there were no new levels to play.
    edited February 19
    Ok guys, thanks for the confirmation! We are looking into it. However, we're not able to reproduce the error. Could you please let us know if that's still happening? If so, it would be really helpful if you could get a video of the problem - That would help the studio investigate.

Thanks a lot! 

Good to hear you like the new options, @Schnipps :) 

I am pleased to be able to report the the glitch seems to have gone away and the game has reverted back to how it was before the problem. I did force a close/restart many times.
    It has still recorded my (false) high scores but the new options are no longer there.
    At least i can play the game and enjoy it.
    Joining this community has been a pleasant experience.