Weekly Word Challenge, win 70 Gold Bars! This week it's cheesy... (finished)

Crazy Cat LadCrazy Cat Lad Posts: 1,685 Community Moderator
edited April 18 in Discussions

This week's Word Challenge is a bit cheesy. 

That's right! How many cheeses are you able to find on the game board below?

The player (or players if it's a tie) that find most cheeses will win 70 Gold Bars to their game. There are cheese from ten different countries, but you can find way more than ten cheeses above on the board. 

Post all cheese that you can find here below before next Thursday since then we'll have a new game board with a new theme coming up Thursday afternoon.

You have until Thursday the 18th april, 12:00 CET to participate and you can read the Terms and Conditions here.

Prev1

Comments

• jobatkinjobatkin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Gouda, Stilton, Brie, Feta, Acorn, Emmental, Mozzarella, Halloumi, Aura, Brin, Chevre, Comte, Munster, Tamie, Paneer, Orda, Urda
  • King123King123 Posts: 15 ✭✭

Brie  Gouda Stilton Mozzarella  Emmental  Chevre  Munster  Feta  Paneer  Acorn

and now my eyes are going funny  O.o

• RegalRenzRegalRenz Posts: 5,769 Superstar
    edited April 13
    Ami, Challer, Emmental, Miete, Cave, Heat, Munster. Parmesin, Aura, Mozzarella, Chevre, Feta, Tamie, Manon, Urda, Acorn, Paneer, Broncha, Brie, Stilton, Oma, Gouda, Cantel, Appenzeller, Dura, Halloumi, Roncal, Ardi, Mona, Comte, Pecorino, Manchego, Brin, Cernei

I'm not sure if my User ID is needed but it's 1015266679.

For a chance to win gold bars guess my score in the Superstar Summer Competition here.
  • QueenReineerQueenReineer Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    Hello! 
    A: Acorn,  ami (du Chamberlain), appenzeller, ardi (gasna), aura
    B: brie, Brin, broncha
    C: Cantel/Cantal, cave, cernei(y), challer, chevre, comte
    D: dura
    E: emmental
    F: feta
    G: Gouda
    H: halloumi, heat
    M: manchego, Manon, miete, mona, mozzarella, munster
    O: oma
    P: paneer, pecorino
    R: Roncal
    S: Stilton
    T: tamie
    U: urda

I am not sure about "parmesin", i think it Is written parmesan, but it can't be formed, so I didn't include it.
    Byee🙌

Ami, Challer, Emmental, Miete, Cave, Heat, Munster. Parmesin, Aura, Mozzarella, Chevre, Feta, Tamie, Manon, Urda, Acorn, Paneer, Broncha, Brie, Stilton, Oma, Gouda, Cantel, Appenzeller, Dura, Halloumi, Roncal, Ardi, Mona, Comte, Pecorino, Manchego, Brin, Cernei

I'm not sure if my User ID is needed but it's 1015266679.

For a chance to win gold bars guess my score in the Superstar Summer Competition here.
     O.o 
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,040 Superstar
    @QueenReineer - Wow you certainly know your cheeses!  Great job!

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
    edited April 16
    Ty! It "only" took me five hours to solve it.! As I can't see very well, I copied the Word search in an A4 sheet of paper and started solving it with the help of Mr Google! And I ended up craving for cheese! 🧀🧀🧀🧀
  • Sabrina_MeninSabrina_Menin Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Hello, this is my cheeses list:

Paneer-Tamie-Urda-Orda,

Oma-Monet-Wen (Perl)-Challer- Tintern,

Gouda-Mozzarella-Emmentaler-Pecorino-Manchego,

Feta-Stilton-Chevre-Brie-Roncal-Halloumi-Comte’,

Cave -Broncha-Cantel-Ami-Brin-Aura-Heat-Mona-Dura,

Acorn-Appenzeller-Munster-Manon-Ardi (gasna),

Renàz (italian cheese country Veneto)

Monte Re (italian cheese country Friuli Venezia Giulia)

Silter (italian cheese country Lombardia)

Excellent job! Congratulations!
    @Sabrina_Menin - wow there are some serious cheese experts out there!  I have a question for you, @QueenReineer and any others cheese lovers out there - How many different types of cheese have you eaten and what’s your favorite type of cheese?

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
  • Crazy Cat LadCrazy Cat Lad Posts: 1,685 Community Moderator
    Wow! Mice job, guys! 

You found so many different cheeses from all over the world. Really impressive! 

The lead was super tough so I had to count all cheeses several times to get the result.

I couldn't accept all the answers because of some spelling mistakes, like "parmesin". Also one part of the whole cheese's name is not accepted like "ami" in "Ami du Chambertin" for example.

After counting all of the accepted answers the winner is @Sabrina_Menin, but with @QueenReineer and @RegalRenz super close with only one and two pieces of cheese less.  

Since it was so close, I will give @QueenReineer and @RegalRenz 35 Gold Bars each for a impressive job and @Sabrina_Menin will win the 70 Gold Bars this week! 

If you didn't win, then you'll have a new, board, new letters and a new chance to win here. Next weeks' theme is blossomy!

Take care!

Wow - that's awesome - Congratulations to everyone!  Very well deserved.  

Yay! @Crazy Cat Lad thank you! Congrats @Sabrina_Menin and @QueenReineer.

Thanks a Lot!!!!! Love these Challenges!