🆎 Official Announcement regarding AlphaBetty Saga’s Development

Crazy Cat LadCrazy Cat Lad Posts: 11,952 Community Manager
edited October 28 in Support

Dear Community and AlphaBetty players,

It’s with a heavy heart that we inform you that on the 15th of December 2021, we will terminate the service for AlphaBetty Saga. On that date the servers will be taken down and the game will no longer be playable.

As of 30th October 2021, in-app purchases will be disabled. Gold Bars, Boosters and other items purchased previously will still be usable until the end of service.

We encourage you to pursue your adventures in our many other games. You can find a full list of them here.

Thank you again for being part of our alphabetical community and hopefully see you around!

FAQs

1. I play AlphaBetty Saga what does it mean for me?

You will no longer be able to access the game and it won’t be playable.

2. Why do you end these games' service?

We understand that the decision to discontinue service for AlphaBetty Saga will have come as a huge disappointment to you. Thank you for all your support over the years - we look forward to creating new and exciting games that you’ll be sure to enjoy.

3. When does their service end?

On the 15th of December of 2021.

4. After the 15th of December of 2021, will I be able to open the game and check on my progress?

No.

5. Are there similar King games I can play?

Yes! King has lots of games you'll be sure to enjoy. You can check them all out here.

6. What will happen to my items?

Gold Bars, Boosters and other items will be usable until the end of service. As the games will officially shut down on the 15th of December, this means that you'll no longer be able to play the game and would subsequently lose any stored items at that point. We recommend that you use them prior to this date.

If you have any purchased items in the game that you haven't been able to use before the 15th of December, please contact our Player Support here. Please note that free Boosters or other free items cannot be replaced or compensated as mentioned in the game's Term & Conditions.

The Help Center and Community for the game will also close in a month since the closure of the game (15th of January, 2022). You are more than welcome to join other Communities of King games here.

Prev13456789

Comments

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• DaniTheOGDaniTheOG Posts: 1,421 Level 4

Booo, that's just sad. 😔

@abe_coffee, I was finally going for all 3 Stars, don't think I'll make it before the game is discontinued... 😔

• lalaoeh17lalaoeh17 Posts: 2 Newbie

Gosh that’s sad news. I have enjoyed this game for many years.

• JoeSkyJoeSky Posts: 1 Newbie

You still haven't explained WHY the game is ending?

• regansereganse Posts: 1 Newbie

This game is the best game on the internet. It's the ONLY game in which a player gets to use his intellect and skill. Why is it that only the good games, TV series, etc. are discontinued? I'm really getting annoyed with King. Many of its games do not work on laptops, either, which is another huge turn-off. From now on, I will be looking for games made by any other manufacturer out there.

Boo, hiss to you!

• SabrinaMSabrinaM Posts: 784 Level 4
    edited October 27

It was the first King game I knew and I always hoped that new levels could be developed.

I had so much fun to playing it.😊

It will always remain my favorite King game💕💕💕

• jasper00jasper00 Posts: 1 Newbie

Well this is terrible., this game keeps my tired brain active.

• kurlyqqzzzkurlyqqzzz Posts: 1 Newbie

So sad... this is one of my most favorite games!!!!!

• Noiraude_31Noiraude_31 Posts: 47 Level 2
    edited October 28

(EDITED by CM - Unsupported language) 

😭😭😭

• RhondaC1256RhondaC1256 Posts: 1 Newbie

WHY??????? That's the best game you have!!

• lalaoeh17lalaoeh17 Posts: 2 Newbie

Gosh that’s sad news. I have enjoyed this game for many years.

• tracietbotracietbo Posts: 0 Newbie

You need to know that AlphaBetty is not only a game to me, but a necessity. I have Multiple Sclerosis. It is the only thing I have found that stimulates the part of my brain that controls language and helps with my neurological decline. I found AlphaBetty a few years ago and it seemed to help. When AlphaBetty was taken off Facebook and I could no longer play, I noticed I had a noticeable decline in my ability to recall words when I was talking.. Then I found it on the King game platform and after using it for just a few days there was a noticeable improvement.  I play almost daily now and I do not have any language issues at this time. Please reconsider ending AlphaBetty. I am sure you could market as a tool for therapist to use with anyone who is having language issues. We don't need new levels, just to be able to continue to play the same ones. If you can't save it, do you have a hard copy to purchase? I am so scared to lose AlphaBetty. Please help save my mind!

• Tracy12Tracy12 Posts: 1 Newbie

Terrible news! I expected this since there has not been any updates. Love this game because you actually had to think and strategize to win the levels. Way more intellectual than typical match 3 games. So disappointed...Oh well...

• WordNerd518WordNerd518 Posts: 1 Newbie

Well that's just great... I have played this game for YEARS. I play almost every day and was on a mission to earn 3 stars on every board. I have played many other spelling games and none come close to the way this one is. It is the ONLY King game I have not deleted out of frustration over not being able to pass a level. The game relies on knowledge, not luck, and has given me many enjoyable hours of play. I'm cool with no updates ever again, but the fact that the game will not be playable at all is too much.

• abe_coffeeabe_coffee Posts: 1,918 AlphaBetty Moderator

hello everyone,

This is sad, but expected news. When ABS became unavailable on PCs last year it was a big clue.

🍮 🍮  

We have 6 weeks to enjoy this awesome game.

I will be happy to provide ideas for those who keep playing and who may get stuck on a level.

My first idea is always drink coffee and play slowly. Some levels have unique twists.

🍮 🍮  

let's enjoy the final 6 weeks 🙂

🍮 🍮  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.