πŸ”₯ Hot Right Now in Blossom Blast Saga 🌸
🐝 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

🌻 What Do Flowers Symbolize?🌻

Comments

• sdmndfghkamcr
    sdmndfghkamcr Posts: 12,770 Level 5

@Diamond Lim&@Spinnifix Thank for "both of you" πŸ˜† tagging me.

• WonderlandCentury789
    WonderlandCentury789 Posts: 639 Level 3

Thanks @Diamond Lim and @Spinnifix for both tagging me.

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend

Yes, I knew that symbolism of flowers, I know much more about plants and flowers. I grow medicinal plants, nature heals almost everything.

I really like margaritas

Daisies are the symbol of purity, innocence, unconditional friendship and pure love detached from those connotations that point towards passions or romances between people. They symbolize the joy, simplicity, natural sophistication, without ornaments and manipulations, that nature offers.

Thanks @QueenB

@Spinnifix and @Diamond Lim

• lemcbl
    lemcbl Posts: 1,124 Level 4

Very interesting post, @QueenB , thanks for sharing

• crabapple
    crabapple Posts: 740 Level 3

@Spinnifix Thank you for the tag. 😍

I am going to pick Carnations :

Carnations is defined as the "Flowers of Gods"

Each color has it's own meaning as well :

Dark Red : Love and Affection

Light Red : Admiration

White : Purity Luck or even Love

Yellow : at one time it was Dejection or Unhappiness Now it is Friendship or Remembrance

Pink : Gratitude

Purple : Capriciousness

Striped : Refusal or Regret

Green : St. Patrick's Day

Carnations are also used for Health as well, in an oil or a tea. It helps with physical and mental issues. I was shocked πŸ€”πŸ˜± when I had read about them.

My favorite flower is the Iris.

Have a GREAT day !! πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ€—

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator

I think it is fascinating how flowers all have meanings besides just looking pretty or sometimes having a lovely smell @QueenB and @Spinnifix 😊

The lovely Edelweiss stands for courage and devotion while the Amaryllis signifies pride.

The Myrtle flower is great to add to wedding bouquets because it stands for good luck and love in a marriage. ❀️

• MicheleHogg
    MicheleHogg Posts: 691 Level 3

An interesting discussion about the meaning of flowers! You can't see them in this picture of my flower garden but my favorite flowers are Lilies. Beautiful purple lilies grow on the long stalk in front of the rock & I also have Tiger Lilies. The most common meaning of a Lily is that it signifies purity & fertility. The sweet, innocent beauty of the Lily has given it the association of fresh life & rebirth.

Pink lilies symbolize femininity and admiration while red lilies symbolize love & passion.

Orange lilies symbolize confidence & energy while yellow lilies represent thankfulness, joy and friendship! White lilies are chosen for weddings & funerals because they are believed to rejuvenate the soul. They also represent purity, commitment and rebirth which is why they are often chosen as Sympathy Flowers.

Whatever the color I love them! Thanks for the tag @ Di

• siti_payung
    siti_payung Posts: 13,089 Level 5

I dont know much about flower except they are pretty

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,578 Friends Moderator

Euphorbia milii, more commonly called the "Crown of Thorns" plant, got its common name from the legend that the thorny crown worn by Jesus at his crucifixion was made from sections of that plant,.with the red bracts of the flowers representing his blood. The flowers are beautiful but the thorns are plentiful and prickly.

• Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend

πŸ”΅ Jasmine’s meaning varies by place and culture, but it often symbolizes love, beauty or sensuality.

πŸ”΅ Its pure white blossoms can also symbolize purity.

πŸ”΅ Because the small, unassuming white flowers bloom at night with such a powerful scent, jasmine sometimes symbolizes the value of modesty.

πŸ”΅ In Thailand, jasmine represents motherhood and signifies love and respect.

πŸ”΅ In Indonesia, jasmine is found at weddings, particularly on the island of Java.

πŸ”΅ In the Philippines, where jasmine was introduced in the 1700s, jasmine is a symbol of honour and respect, and dignitaries are often presented with jasmine wreaths.

πŸ”΅ Jasmine is commonly used in Hindu rituals across India, and women often wear it in their hair as a symbol of good fortune.

πŸ”΅In Renaissance Italy, the pure white jasmine flowers became associated with the purity of Mary, and jasmine flowers are shown in many religious paintings.

πŸ”΅ Many cities and countries have adopted jasmine as their symbol, including the Syrian city of Damascus, as well as Pakistan, Philippines, Indonesia, and Tunisia. It’s not the official state flower of Hawaii (that’s hibiscus) but it’s an unofficial favourite. Pikake, as jasmine is called in Hawaii, is frequently woven into leis.

πŸ”΅ The word jasmine derives from the Persian β€œyasameen”, meaning β€œgift from God”.

πŸ”΅ Jasmine is sometimes referred as β€œQueen of the Night”, both because it blooms at night, and because the luscious fragrance is thought to inspire feelings of sensuality, intimacy, romance and love.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?