🔥 Hot Right Now in Blossom Blast Saga 🌸
🐝 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

What happened to my hints?

dpepper73
dpepper73 Posts: 9 Level 2
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't receiving any hints for the next move. I don't know why I would suddenly stop receiving hints without any notice. I sent an email to the folks at King but their reply didn't make much sense to me. I think they may have misunderstood my description of the problem. 

I'm thinking about uninstalling Blossom Blast and then reinstalling it again. Before I do that I'd like to hear from you guys and gals to see if you can shed any light on why I'm no longer seeing the hints. I don't always use the hint that's provided but I do like to know what moves are being recommended. By the way, I'm on level 247 but I was on a level in the 230's when I noticed that I wasn't receiving any hints.

Thanks.

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @dpepper73 and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 This is quite unusual. I've seen players not being satisfied with hints coming up immediately after beginning of the level but no one ever complained about losing them at all. As far as I know, the studio is testing this on random amounts of players so it might happen that it will just disappear soon. Can you please tell me which device and OS are you using for playing this game so we can try some troubleshooting steps and see if it helps?
  • dpepper73
    Hey @firebombmarkus, It's happening on my Kindle 10, Fire OS 5.6.4.0, and on my iPhone 7, iOS 12.3.1. Both devices. 

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Thank you so much @dpepper73 Here are the troubleshooting steps for both devices. Please note that this might not change your situation with hints for sure. The last resort is always reinstalling the game but if you do so you will lose all your boosters as they are saved on the device's memory.

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/246638/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-ios-device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201734230

• Paula_Báguena
    Paula_Báguena Posts: 80 Level 3
    Hello @dpepper73! Just as @firebombmarkus said, we've made some changes in the hints because we really want to know if our players need them or they feel bothered by them instead. It's actually very helpful to know they are missed! I'll share your feedback to the team, and from here I kindly ask you to have patience until we finish this test :chuffed:

I don't recommend you to uninstall the game, only time can bring hints back :wink:

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully it doesn't take long! 
  • dpepper73
    @firebombmarkus and @Paula_Báguena Thank you both for your help! I will try the troubleshooting steps provided and I will be patient in the meantime. @Paula_Báguena I'm a little surprised to learn you would take away people's hints as a way of testing their popularity. Then again, I'm clueless about such things. I'm also curious about the process. What if the player doesn't say anything about the missing hints? How do you know if that player likes or dislikes the hints? Maybe there's some kind of statistical formula in place that accounts for those who don't voice their opinions. 

In any event, I find it interesting. Thanks again for your help and I hope to get my hints back as soon as possible, but I'll be patient.
  • Paula_Báguena
    edited July 2019
    Hello again @dpepper73 and thank you for your understading regarding hints!

I don't know much about this kind of data, but I personally like to read reviews on Google Play or Apple Store as we receive comments every day and we can get some insights about how a feature is performing, specially when players don't like it :p  But that's only one way to do it. Another way, for example, is to keep track of how many people is playing Blossom in a daily basis, so if suddenly this number decreases it's probably due a bad change or an issue in the game :).

That's why it's super important to us to receive as many comments and feedback as possible so we can act accordingly 😊 Sorry I can't go depeer on this, as I said before I'm not an expert on this field :3
  • dpepper73
    @Paula_Báguena and @firebombmarkus, I just wanted to mention that I played Blossom Blast Saga on my PC today via Facebook Gameroom for the first time in a long time, and my hints worked. Does that into help you any? Why are my hints available on my PC but not on my mobile devices? 

@firebombmarkus, I'm gonna pass on the troubleshooting steps you provided. That's a lot of stuff to do without knowing for certain if it will fix my problem. I appreciate it nevertheless.

@Paula_Báguena, so you feel confident that the hints will return? I know you already said that they would come back. I guess I'm just wanting to see how confident you are on the matter. Seeing them on my PC made me realize just how much I miss them! 😉 But seriously, I do miss them.

Thanks again.

• Paula_Báguena
    Hey @dpepper73 :3 You're seeing hints on Facebook because we're currently only trying features like this in mobile, so Facebook will remain the same. Right now it feels soon to promise that hints will be back as we just started the test, but what I can promise is to keep you updated on this :) 

• dpepper73
    @Paula_Báguena Hello. It’s good to hear from you. I hope they return soon. Please tell them that dpepper73 wants his hints back. They’ll know who you’re talking about. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?