🐝 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

Has anyone else's map just disappeared- Feedback on Wild Cards

Options

Answers

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Girlyhippo and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I understand your point of view. Right now, there is no way to turn them off. However, the studio is looking for feedback on this feature and you are welcome to give us your honest feedback on the link below.

https://community.king.com/en/blossom-blast-saga/discussion/259626/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-wild-cards#Item_25

Since there is already a thread regarding this matter I will close this one. Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful day πŸ€—
  • NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,230 Level 5
    Options
  • Girlyhippo
    Girlyhippo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have stopped playing the game because of the wild cards. I tried to turn them off, came here for advice and find I can't. The whole point of playing these games for me is to fine tune my strategy to beat the level, along with a bit of luck. Wild cards feel like a cheat.
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I don't care about the wild cards, some of them are fun, but if I can't go back and replay levels it is a game-breaker :-(

I play each level until I get three stars, up to level 771 so far with three stars on every level. Removing the ability to replay levels makes the game unplayable for me.
  • TheSexyVirgo
    TheSexyVirgo Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    BB WAS MY FAVORITE KING GAME. Then when my stupid phone decided it'd be cool to wipe my SD Card and tell me it was "corrupt", I had to redownload all the games that were on my SD card and BB was one of them. When I saw that there was no more map, I just about cried. When I get stuck on a level, I would go back and play levels I didn't have 3 stars on. Also, I had 10 lives instead of 5 which was so awesome since most games give only 5 lives. I want the map back permeantly and the 10 lives back too. Also, I just read that you divide players into groups to "test" things out...?! That's not only unfair, but absolutely absurd since there's players who have been playing this game since it first came out like myself. As soon as I saw this game was out back in 2015 (I believe that's the release year), I downloaded it, and immediately fell in love with the game. I haven't made it thru all the levels or haven't even gotten close actually, I'm still in the 100's somewhere. I live in CT and the cost of living here is absolutely horrible. Most ppl that live in this state live paycheck to paycheck, are behind in bills and are on payment plans, utilize food pantries bc according to the state "they make too much money" and don't qualify for food stamps even tho after the bills are partly or mostly paid, usually with only the minimum payment, they may have $40-$80 leftover for groceries for the week... I know when my husband and I were living together (long story), we would only have maybe $40 (if we were lucky) left for groceries for that week. I even set it up so our bills would be split between the 4 weeks of the month so we we weren't hammered all at once. My job required me to travel to 4 diff grocery stores everyday Mon-Fri, so I had to get more oil changes, depending on where I was going determined how much gas money I needed for the week but I mostly found out where I was going when I woke up the next morning. I'd have a text from my DM telling me where to start off my day which was usually at least a 20-45 min drive just to the first store, the other stores would usually be within a 5-20min drive from each other, then the last store was usually another 30-45 mins back home. Also I worked 8am-4:30pm, so I hit rush hour both times. I did own a fuel efficient car that would get up to 42mpg highway if I drove 65-70mph with no traffic. Since I worked in New Haven county and Fairfield county, I was mostly on I-95 and RT. 15 aka Merritt Parkway which both are notorious for being full of traffic during rush hour. Also, there's the idiots who ride side by side doing 50mph on the 2 lane Merritt so no one can pass so it takes twice as long to get home. My car had 17" alloy rims that came on the car, so I also went thru tires much quicker than ppl with other cars, and tires aren't cheap... Then there's also the other maintenance...Β Β 

Sorry, I have ADD and end up off topic. But my whole point is that ppl shouldn't be forced to buy power ups to pass levels. I've been stuck on some levels for 4-6 weeks at a time. When I logged on to BB, I'd give the level I was stuck on a shot 3-4 times (when I had 10 lives), then go back and play the other levels to try to get more stars or beat my score or even just bc I like what game mode some levels were. But now, without the map, I haven't touched BB in 2 months or so and it really saddens me. I open up my King Games folder, see BB and go to click on it but remember the changes, get upset, close out the folder and go play a different game made by a different company that doesn't make drastic changes to their games like King does. I will NOT play games by a company who takes away the best features of a game and make it pointless to play.Β 

Seriously, what could you really add to BB that takes up so much space that you have to take out the map and take away the 10 lives??? You could've just taken away the 10 lives, went back to 5, and left the map. But NOOOO, you had to take the map, the one thing most ppl like about these types of games. Being able to replay levels is one of the best parts if you get stuck on a level. Other games don't have maps bc you play match 3 type games to earn points, keys, whatever, so you can upgrade your garden, fish tank, house, etc. So they need the extra space for that instead of a map. But BB??? Even Bubble Witch 3 has more to it with the upgrade to the house Stella has, and it has a map still!!!!!! (Touch that map, and I'm DONE with King Games forever) That's my other fave King game. I have most of the King games, and enjoy them very much until one of the creators gets a bright idea to totally destroy the game by making some big change nobody likes.Β 

My suggestion is, ASK FIRST. Do a poll on here to see what people's thoughts and reactions would be if you're going to make big changes like that. Small things like adding new levels is one thing, or adding new power ups, bonus games, ways to win free power ups or amounts of time where you have unlimited lives... But taking out the map after it was there since day 1 when the game came out 4 years or so ago is just TERRIBLE. I know there was a map at first in the new Puzzle Pets game, but they had to take it out to make room for the pet house or whatnot, even tho they just added some new vine villian that I totally DO NOT like at all and modified the robbing raccoon so he just goes to a room with the safes in it rather than stealing from other players. I know A LOT of ppl complained about that. I didn't like it either bc you'd come back to play the game and have the majority of your coins stolen and you could get revenge on those players, but I noticed I never got back as many coins that were taken from me in the first place and felt that I had to spend my coins before I stopped playing so ppl couldn't steal them. I'm glad they fixed that, but I'd like a map instead of a stupid vine villian that makes the game even harder and makes you waste moves to get rid of it.Β 
  • TheSexyVirgo
    TheSexyVirgo Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I just checked my old phone that can only be used via WiFi and the NEW CRAPPY VERSION WITHOUT THE MAP IS NOW THERE!!!!!!?????? I DIDNT DO ANY UPDATES THRU THE PLAYSTORE ON BB, SO HOW DID IT UPDATE ITSELF??????? IM SO PISSED!!!!?!! I at least had one phone that had the map and wasn't updated to the new mapless crap version. I did the most recent update and still NO MAP. YOU RUINED MY FAVORITE GAME AND MY NIGHT!!!!! I will be DELETING ALL KING GAMES from both my phone's. You're NOT getting my time bc you don't deserve it anymore. I have almost every game on my current phone and at least 6-7 games on my old phone. I've been a big King fan and have played BB from the day it came out. There WAS NO REASON TO GET RID OF THE MAP!!!!! And then you only gave it back to some players as a "test"?!?!?!? THATS 100% BS. THATS SO UNFAIR TO THE LOYAL FANS OF BB!!!! I haven't played since you changed it on my current phone, I played it on my old phone almost everyday. Just not in the last week or so bc I've been busy. Then I open it on my old phone and it's somehow updated???? πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

GOODBYE KING! YOU JUST LOST A LOYAL FAN FOR GOOD!!!Β 
  • Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's really important for us to know how you feel about the changes! We'll let the team know about your concerns and ideas <3

• Lola_Pop
    Options
    Dear @TheSexyVirgo,Β 

I'm so sorry to read that you're so upset.Β  :(

Yes, changes can be hard sometimes, but they're the best way to test new features and improve our games. If you think about it, there is a whole team investigating about new fun to be added to each of our games!!

Here you can read more about these so-called A/B tests , which are implemented in manyΒ marketing-oriented companies.

I also wanted to thank you for your interesting and thorough feedback. It's insightful and I'm sure the team will gladly read it!Β 

• Lola_Pop
    Options
    Oh @TheSexyVirgo !

I've answered to you here . I understand your feelings and really hope you can come back to us in the future!
  • anjalanakila
    anjalanakila Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    How can I get my map back? I want to see my progress.Β 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?