šŸ”„ Hot Right Now in Blossom Blast Saga šŸŒø
šŸ Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

šŸ¦øā€ā™€ļø Queens of the Kingdom- which great woman in history are you? (FINISHED)

Lola_Pop
Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
edited April 2020 in Support

Hello awesome Blossom crew!!

As some of you might know, we're celebrating Women's Month in the Community, and we want to add a bit of girl power to this flower power Community of Blossom Blast!!

So let's play!! Tell us which great woman in history you are according to the level you've reached in the game- you can win 20 Gold Bars to spend in Blossom Blast Saga

Comment with the name of the historical character you got (and whatever you want to say about her!) and we'll chooseĀ 3 random players who will win 20 Gold Bars in their Blossom Blast game.Ā 

šŸŒ¼Ā You have until theĀ 31st of March 13.00 CETĀ to participate.Ā Terms and conditionsĀ here.Ā 

Ā«134

Comments

• Lotus_Flower
    Lotus_Flower Posts: 6,181 Level 5

I love this idea @Lola_Pop, it's a great way to learn about the outstanding achievements of women.

How fitting that I should have Amelia Earhart as my historical woman to celebrate.Ā I have always admired her.Ā Last summer IĀ gave both of my granddaughters a biography of her which they both loved, too.

Amelia Earhart was a pioneer in aviation at a time when there were very few women in the field. She was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, and she set many other records, besides. She was the author of many books, and for a time, was anĀ  aeronautical engineering advisor at Purdue University in Indiana, USA, and a career counselor to the women students.

While attempting to fly around the world in 1937, her plane went missing.Ā She was presumed dead at the young age of 39.Ā She was, and still is, a wonderful example for what women can achieve.

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

I love this šŸ¤— @Lola_Pop Thanks for tagging me šŸ˜Š @debrichmond It seems I got Amelia Earhart too although I would like to get Maya Angelou as she is such a great inspiration šŸ™šŸ»

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5

Great Idea @Lola_Pop šŸ¤— I got Ada Lovelace I have just read all about her and she was truly a remarkable woman! šŸ‚

In 1842 Lovelace translated a short article describing the Analytical Engine by the Italian mathematician Luigi Menabrea, for publication in England. Babbage asked her to expand the article, ā€œas she understood the machine so wellā€. The final article is over three times the length of the original and contains several early ā€˜computer programs,ā€™ as well as strikingly prescient observations on the potential uses of the machine, including the manipulation of symbols and creation of music. Although Babbage and his assistants had sketched out programs for his engine before, Lovelaceā€™s are the most elaborate and complete, and the first to be published; so she is often referred to as ā€œthe first computer programmerā€. Babbage himself ā€œspoke highly of her mathematical powers, and of her peculiar capability ā€” higher he said than of any one he knew, to prepare the descriptions connected with his calculating machine.ā€

Ada Lovelace died of cancer at 36, a few short years after the publication of ā€œSketch of the Analytical Engine, with Notes from the Translatorā€.

The Analytical Engine remained a vision, until Lovelaceā€™s notes became one of the critical documents to inspire Alan Turingā€™s work on the first modern computers in the 1940s.

Her thwarted potential, and her passion and vision for technology, have made her a powerful symbol for modern women in technology.

ReadĀ some of the primary documents by or about AdaĀ that are online, or read theĀ longer biography of Ada Lovelace, taken from our book,Ā A Passion for Science: Stories of Discovery and Invention.

Thank you @debrichmond for tagging me šŸ˜

Everyday should be women's day!

But through experience i still feel we live in a mans world!

• Lotus_Flower

I totally agree with you @lulu13 . I feel the same way. I believe it is improving, just not as fast as it could and should.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,547 Diamond Diaries Moderator

Thanks for your tagging me but I haven't playing Blossom Blast Saga. Sorry! @debrichmond šŸ˜…

But I think this contest is fun and I wish good luck for all of the Blossom Blast Players. šŸ‘

Have a lovely day! šŸ’•

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,670 Sweet Legend

@debrichmond , thanks for marking.

I'm number 1. I'm only around 37 level because I don't play it that way. Ada Lovelace

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Hi @Lola_Pop, I got Ada Lovelace. She would be blown away to see how far weā€™ve come with computers, everything is base on it, all the information at the tip of your finger. Nice to know itā€™s with the help of a woman.

Thanks for the tag @debrichmond šŸ˜ŠšŸ°

• Lotus_Flower

Tagging @whetz and @EvieLov3 to join in our contest. Come take a try on winning some gold!

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator

I too am Ada Lovelace. I always have admired women pioneers in areas usually thought were primarily for men.

Ada reminds me of Grace Hooper, a computer scientist and US Navy Rear Admiral and a pioneer of computer programming. There is a US DDG (Guides middle destroyer) named after her.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?