🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Why can I not start the app on Windows 10?

Options
Robned
Robned Posts: 24 Level 2

Happened two days ago on my stationary computer.

Was something changed with fundamentals of the game the last few days?

I should have memory enough etc. I have not downloaded anything or done anything else on my computer for a long time, so came out of the blue.

Have always had minor issues but this is new...

Answers

• Robned
    Options

I solved it!

By going back to a restoration point. Must have been some Windows update.

Funny thing is then Google Chrome did not work, but that was easy to reinstall.

How ever if anything ever happens again does anyone know what the minimu requirements are for Bubble Witch 3 on Win10 (Ram, memory, etc.)?

Robert

• Sweetru
    Sweetru Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. My game does not start. I have not connected to facebook. Does it still work or will I lose all the levels?

Thanks

• Robned
    Options

Hi Sweetru and all.

It did not help long, I cannot open the app again either.

I have found out requirements are low. Recent Win10 version. At least 300 MB available. That is all according to Microsoft Store. Though in reality my app takes up 600-700 MB. But I have that and ran a memory diagnostic and that is not it.

In stead under system maintenance I have found a message from this morning, after I played last:

There was an error downloading update "0x80073D02: 9PHNB71MKR4J-king.com.BubbleWitch3Saga.".

So there seems to be a problem with the delivery from Microsoft Store and/or it is connected to problems with latest updates of Windows10.

I will contact Microsoft tomorrow or the day after (here in Denmark weekdays by phone). If you and others also contact them, it would be appreciated.

At least everywhere on this site says you can get you level back through facebook or Kings account. But you will lose "bombs" not paid for.

I wait my self and see before I reset or redownload.

Kind regards, Robert

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,456 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hey @Robned and @Sweetru welcome to the community.

I had issues last week. Major issues. I couldn't get the game to connect to Facebook at all. It turned out there were feature updates that were waiting to be downloaded and then got stuck in an endless loop....so I couldn't do anything until I had sorted that. Might be worth checking your windows update as the latest version should be 10, 1909 as far as I know. Once that's installed, clear the game from your downloads history and redownload it.

I use a programme called ccleaner which gets rid of all the junk files. It has a section for clearing registry which is always good after removing programmes.

If you uninstall you will lose progress, but the special team will help you with that. As Robert said though, they cannot replace boosters.

Sweeetru I would highly recommend that you connect the game to either Facebook or the Kingdom when you can, it helps with not losing progress :)

• Robned
    Options

Hi Chicken_Slayer and all.

The problem for me was that all steps lead to "must reinstall" and I stalled (pun intended)....

I talked to Microsoft some days ago, from work,since I have long hours presently, and they do not have support at night or in weekends (bad service but so be it).

The advisor confirmed what I had thought, that the code I had received meant that while Windows had been updated, the Bubble Witch 3 app had not. How ever to help me further they had to take remote control of my computer.

So I was down to either waiting for some future day to return home early from work, which may be a while, or reinstall.

So today I decided I could not wait longer for my favorite game, removed it, and downloaded anew from Microsoft Store.

Then after connecting to facebook, my level was back, so it worked as a charm (fortunately I had no boosters when it crashed).

The new version is slightly different, but all is good now. :-)

Though also the new version have a few glitches like still losing hats when I go to the tree, but that is minor.

Love being back in the game!

Thanks for all feedback and hope you re back too Sweetru.

Kindly, Robert

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,456 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    @Robned they had to take remote control of your computer? Please be very very careful allowing anyone to do that. Regardless of who it is, I would strongly advise against that. 
    I am glad you redownloaded it and were able to get back into it, happy bubbling :) 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?