🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Community is where bonds are created, sometimes for life 🥰

Options
QueenB
QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
edited July 2022 in Discussions

Dear Witches and Wizards!

We have a magical treat for you today. We've met our dear Level Designer @Cosmonauta , and he is been so awesome to give us an interview!

🌜️Hi, @Cosmonauta - how are you? Our Bubble Witch Saga 3 Community would love to get to know you a bit better. What's your role and how long have you been working at King?

🔮 I'm a Level Designer and I started in early 2019, so it's more than 3 full years.

🌜️Would you please give us a personal fun fact? 😁

🔮I live with a black cat named Fram, and she is used to walking REALLY close to my keyboard when I’m working: she even sent a couple of messages to my manager, something like %7eJ?5e, lucky she stepped on non sense buttons!

🌜️Do you like being a Kingster? Why?

🔮I love it. Kingters are always genuine, friendly and nice. It’s really important to me to work so closely with fun and incredibly talented people, to share ideas, design and… a good laugh! 

🌜️Talking about the levels. How are new ones tested before they are released?

🔮The process is basically done in 2 steps. We start working on a design, trying to have a nice flow, good places to aim bubbles to trigger chain reactions. Once we’re happy with the level, we start to add a bit more of complexity and to search for uninteresting/bad sections, constantly doing quick game rounds to see if the basic idea (which blockers, which helpers, if we prefer a really vertical, fast level or something to work around a bit more before progressing, how many colors it should have). Once the level seems to be ready, we share all the creations in the team for both a difficulty check and a sanity one, to see if we all agree that specific level is in line with players’ expectations

🌜️Where do you get the inspiration to make new levels from?

🔮This is funny, cause I believe every designer may answer in a totally different way. Most of the time I preset some boundaries, picking elements that work well together and placing them to ensure a general idea to the level. Is the focus to perfectly aim for certain bubbles, or to use some moves to dig your way through a section? Once defined this, I start connecting the different areas and playing to see how it feels. At that point it is a matter of balancing the progression, playing the level multiple times and making adjustments.Working in this way is a literal build up of the experience while living it multiple times, and is amazing to see how many outcomes a game round potentially has!

🌜️What are your tips for someone who has recently started playing the game?

🔮Don’t be afraid of taking some team to “read” the level and the opportunities it presents. Positive and negative bubbles are always balanced to allow the right challenge. And don’t forget to use Nero’s magic orb everytime you can, it really helps in clearing up the way.

🌜️Do you ever get stuck in a level? If so, what do you do?

🔮Of course I do! The most common mistake I make is to use the same approach at multiple game rounds. Sometimes trying another way, or focusing less on removing a specific blocker saves crucial moves for the next section.

🌜️What’s your favorite game mode and why?

🔮My favorite is Collect, cause I love huge color explosions and things flying around, so I wait to collect owls every time it is possible and do it all at once in the ending part of the level.

🌜️Can you tell us if there will be any surprises regarding levels, blockers, modes in the future?

🔮We’re currently working on all the ones mentioned! 2022 is really exciting for Stella & BW3S, but especially on blockers and modes expect something great & fresh!

🌜️What does Community mean to you?

🔮Community is where bonds are created, sometimes for life. It can be a game, a book, or a movie: it’s beautiful to feel part of something and to share positive and negative stuff with people bound to a common passion.

🌜️What else would you like to tell your players?

🔮Everytime a player sent me a comment on a level, they were actually not only correct, but a chance for improving my skills. The amount of passion and care you put into playing King games is always astonishing to me, pushes me to try new things, make crazy experiments and craft every single level at my best. So, thank you!

And thank YOU, @Cosmonauta , for all those bubblific levels!

Is there anything you'd like to share with our Kingster? Do it here below, don't be shy!

👉 No account yet? REGISTER and start commenting!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?