🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

NERO’S BINGO

Comments

• PrettyBubbles
    PrettyBubbles Posts: 22,851 Bubble Witch Moderator

Hi @Colin_Kebbell If you select page 1 HERE you will see the original announcement and some tips that may be useful 👍🙂

• Colin_Kebbell
    Colin_Kebbell Posts: 46 Level 2

Pleased to relate that my Android tablet does indeed perform as a mobile device regarding Bubble Witch 2. After a recent update of the app, I immediately did a restart of my device, clearing the cache partition along the way. Voilà! I now have my friends and messages back and Challenges such as Jackalope Tower. The only thorny issue is the still nagging annoyance of tile blockers (squatters) in Nero's Bingo. I have come to the conclusion that these squatters are written into the code of the app. I cannot believe that there are so many deliberately unhelpful players in the world and so it is another facet of the game to make it more of a challenge for players to overcome, eg. Chicken Slayer's comment about not playing after picking a tile. Today, I started a new Bingo completing one square and then selecting another to see what would happen, after a while, two "kings" chose the other two tiles in the line and sat there. When I came back several hours later, no progress so I deselected my tile in that line and took another line from my completed tile. Cleared that tile and carried on playing. Later I looked at Bingo and both "kings" had moved to blocking positions in the new line!

• woosh
    woosh Posts: 58 Level 2

Couldn’t agree more regarding the “squatters!” It happens in EVERY game I play now. I’ll play only one tile until I see others play & complete. What’s really annoying & laughable are the players that keep calling me back to play and they haven’t even played yet! Wish we had the option to delete a game.

• Colin_Kebbell

Tried an experiment today, decided to be a squatter for once. Rest assured, I didn't block any lines, I waited until I was sure that two other players were going to complete the line that they were working on. I had collected about half the required challenge on that tile then waited to claim my reward. Guess what? You don't get a reward if you don't complete a tile in a finished Bingo game. This adds fuel to my suspicions. Squatters don't get rewards so why do they even bother? I mean, it's not as if they can see the annoyance it causes unless they read these posts. If they do, why don't they post, they could get even more pleasure from winding us up. Come on squatters, have a go! No, I don't think they're real, just a feature of the coding so we don't get rewards too easily. Play more canny folks, we can beat this game with a little more guile.

• missmoustacha
    missmoustacha Posts: 7 Level 2

Thank you for these posts! Right now I'm having an issue with squatters. I got my check mark and waited. Somebody completed their tile on the same line and started another. I still waited just in case. Of course, I got blocked on my other side so I went ahead and finished another tile. Now I'm waiting to see if they'll finish the line.

• PrettyBubbles

Hi guys sorry to hear your frustration but unfortunately there is no way of evicting your squatters until they decide to complete the challenge and leave 👍

• Colin_Kebbell

Good luck with that, let's hope they finish it, I think you'll find that they will before you need to start another row. Bear in mind that lots of people start to play before they go to work, complete one tile, then start another with the intention of finishing it when they next play. I'm retired so can play whenever I want. Another issue with other people would be that they don't have a "cheat sheet" so only play levels that are around their current location so takes longer to complete. A malicious squatter never finishes a tile (in my opinion).

• Colin_Kebbell

Aaaaaggghhhhhh! My friends and messages have all suddenly disappeared again. What did I do wrong? If it goes the same way as last time, I probably won't get any challenges either. I'm currently at level 4330 and awaiting new levels (haven't had any for three weeks now!) Does this mean that bws2 is now dead?

• PrettyBubbles

Hi @Colin_Kebbell oh no 🙈

Bw2 is not dead lol.

Can you tell me if you have moved over to mobile only and play only via king not Facebook as this is the only way you can continue playing BW2. 🤔

• Colin_Kebbell

Thanks for reassuring me that bw2 is not dead. I haven't moved anywhere, only ever play on a mobile device via King. Haven't logged into Facebook via this game for more than a year now (no friends there that play this game so pointless really). If you get a chance to look back through this discussion, you will see that I have detailed my previous issues with this particular feature and I thought that it was resolved. I suspect that the new app update yesterday is responsible for this latest abberation.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?