🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Is anyone else having trouble with the 'watch ad for free moves' function?

Margo_Holloway
Margo_Holloway Posts: 189 Level 3

Hello, greetings from Adelaide, Australia.

I am currently playing level 3864 of Chapter 195 BWS3

Lately I have been having issues with the 'watch ad for free moves' and the 'don't lose your fire charm, watch ad' functions.

I press the relevant button and all I get is a back screen with an x (in a circle) in the top left corner. When I press this x, I am returned to the game without the extra 3 bubbles I was expecting, or I have lost a fire charm level. A power down/reboot did not resolve the issue.

I would appreciate an investigation of this matter as it is beginning to be annoying...

Thanking you in anticipation of a speedy resolution....

Margot.

Answers

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 23,799 Bubble Witch Moderator

Hi @Margo_Holloway extra challenges and features are not always available to all players all the time. They get rotated around to different players, so if you miss out this time, it will be your turn again in the future.

Also some features (like watching ads for extra moves) are only available to a small group while being tested out. Depending on their success or popularity, they may or may not be added into the game regularly.

• Margo_Holloway

Thankyou @johamilton for your prompt reply

I have been able to get ads for extra moves on and off for ages, I accepted that as part of the game. My concern was this recent new thing with a black screen which effectively doesn't deliver the extra moves or fire charms which up until now, whenever the relevant buttons for same (if they appear) were pressed would be delivered... BTW have just been playing a few games and all is working well...no black screen appeared...what is annoying is losing firecharm levels, because that, as you know, reduces your starting points for the next game...

• PrettyBubbles
    PrettyBubbles Posts: 22,851 Bubble Witch Moderator

Hi @Margo_Holloway I am pleased you seem to be all sorted now 👍

Seeing the black box must of been of just been a blip, but yes as @johamilton explained the video feature is not permanent at the moment. It can come and go even if you have had it a long time. Let's hope this is not the case for you.

Regarding you're fire charm you should not loose this feature as long as you are completing levels on the first attempt without losing a life the key will become available and the fire charm will be turned on ⭐

• Margo_Holloway

@johamilton I am still getting the black screen...It seems to be a random thing that happens ...when you are presented with a button for extra moves, it is pot luck as to whether you get the extra moves or a black screen when you press said button...If as you say this may be being tested out on a small sample of players, I doubt very much whether it would be rated as a successful innovation.

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 23,799 Bubble Witch Moderator

Hi @Margo_Holloway, I was quite excited when you said it was working correctly. I know the "Watch the ad" is not always there for everyone. I have not had that in ages. BUT, the extra moves should be there when you win a game. So the whole screen is black, then it comes back? When you get the 3 extra moves, it is an automatic thing that is added to your game, you do not press a button to receive them. So, it is the black screen that is getting me. I know you said that you turned your phone off then back on. But have you tried to log out of the game, then back in? Please Do Not delete the game. You will loose all of your boosters. Just log out, then log back in.

This is what the 3 extra moves look like when you start a new game. I did not push any button, it automatically added them in my new game. There is no button to push to receive them. I do apologize ahead of time, if I am not understanding fully.

• Margo_Holloway

@johamilton thank you for your reply...it's not the 3 extra moves when you start a new game...it's when you run out of bubbles and you've almost finished a game that 3 extra moves are sometimes on offer when you press a button...these buttons have been appearing but when I press said button I get the black screen which disappears when I press the small x in a circle in the top left corner, and I get no extra lives...

I must say that very occasionally I do get these extra lives when the black screen doesn't present itself, but more often than not it's the black screen... I have logged out of the game and when I start playing I will watch closely and keep you posted...I have trying like crazy to bust level 3879 to no avail. I will keep the deleting the game option in mind cos I only have a few boosters as it is...kind regards

• Shellbells11163
    Shellbells11163 Posts: 22 Level 2

Hiya! I've veen playing quite awhile and have ,NEVER even seen tge option to watch ads fir anything. The inly way i am able to get anything is through gameplay or purchasing. I would gladly accept a black screen intermittently, lol. Please push the ad option on over to me too!

Thanks!

• PrettyBubbles

Hi @Shellbells11163 Welcome

Me neither lol.

Its because it is a test feature and not permanent so some never see and some can have it a while before its removed ⭐👍

Happy gaming and have a starlistic day ⭐

• Margo_Holloway

@johamilton and @PrettyBubbles, thank you both for your help. It would seem that I have been very fortunate because I have been playing for a very long time and on reflection I can't recall a time when I haven't had the option of watching ads to get extra bubbles.

I am still getting the black screen and every so often I do actually get ads that deliver extra bubbles...but in the grand scheme of things I am adjusting my playing strategy so that I am not overly reliant on the feature...Philosophically there are more important things in heaven and on Earth to get annoyed about, than a few missing bubbles...After all for me it is all about the challenge of the game... Regards from Adelaide, Australia, Stay safe and be kind to one another...

• PrettyBubbles

Hi @Margo_Holloway You are very welcome.

I am glad you are enjoying your game and don't hesitate to ask us for any help you may need.

Happy gaming and have a starlistic day ⭐👍

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?