🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Does the magic link to add mutual friends with king accounts work for anyone

Bear777
Bear777 Posts: 5 Level 2

I have not been able to add my wife to my friends, we both have king accounts and no facebook, have used the magic link to send to each other multiple times, and it never adds us as friends, but we keep trying it anyway. All the link does is open bubblewitch if its not already open, thats it. Been back and forth with game support including giving them videos of the whole process, and their resulting answer is the same as it was in their first response, which is to reinstall the game and loose all your saved up booster spells when doing so(takes a while to save up 20+ magic beams etc) so I have not reinstalled, yet, ANYONE HAVE any luck adding a friend with king account with the magic link that comes up when you turn on bubblewitch sometimes.

Comments

• Bear777

Testing, I have even tried taking another device, making a whole new king account, making a new character and installing bubblewitch on that device starting with that device from level 1 and tried to open the magic links from both my wife and from my regular bubblewitch and neither did anything but open up bubblewitch on the other device when used. I haven't yet had the magic link pop up on this other device to try sending to my regular bubblewitch or my wifes to test, but there is a slightly different look on this other device, where an "add friends" button is just below current friends when entering to play a bubblewitch level, so i did test sending that link as well, but had the same result....makes me wonder if these links do actuallly work for linking king account players, as I cannot see what would be wrong with the installed bubblewitch on this device as well, I just installed it an hour ago

• PrettyBubbles
    PrettyBubbles Posts: 23,211 Bubble Witch Moderator

Hi @Bear777 Welcome

With your king account your friends are added randomly

You can only add personal friends if you are linked through Facebook but Facebook comes with many issues most of players troubles are those who use Facebook 👍⭐

• Bear777

Thank you for your input prettybubbles, I wonder why during this whole last month of king tech support emailing back and forth every few days they havent mentioned that its only available via facebook, as I explicitly said I did not use facebook and only had a king account in the very first email to them. Somewhere here in the discussion forum it was said that facebook and king account were the only 2 ways to add your own friends, thats what led me to asking support why it wasnt working in the first place. Maybe tech support didnt pick on it, I will specifically ask them in an email right now, thank you, and then I will come back here once I get their response.

• PrettyBubbles

Yes @Bear777 please do let us know what they say if you specifically ask the question are your friends chosen at random if you only play with a king account opposed to a Facebook account

It will be interesting to hear what they are telling players as if its not correct I can then go and raise this as an issue 👍⭐

• Bear777

Ok prettybubbles, this is what they responded with

((((Allow me to let you know that you are in fact able to add friends on your King account via the King.com website!

You can add or invite a friend by clicking on the friends icon in the sidebar and then entering their email address in the "Add by email" input field. If the email address is registered a friend request will be sent, otherwise a pre-generated email will be delivered to their address with an invitation link.))))))

So I followed this instructions of theirsmand could not find the sidebar friend icon anywhere, and subsequently have replied with with exactly how I followed their instructions and requested a video or screenshots of the whole process so I could follow it precisely and I will get back here after they respond again, because this process is completely different to any previous they have said, which makes me wonder, you see while the support ticket is the same one, nearly a different person responds each time, and you would think this would have been suggested already.

• PrettyBubbles

@Bear777 thanks for your feedback and I will look forward to your findings regarding any video 👍⭐

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 24,115 Bubble Witch Moderator

Thanks for the info @Bear777 and looking forward to see where it goes from here 😉

• Bear777

Prettybubbles, you were correct, support finally cleared up the matter, dont know why it took a month to do so,but here was there response.

((((So, to explain why some confusion might have happened, sometimes, when you open your game, you will see a magical link that you can share to anyone, however, if you do not have your game linked to Facebook, the link will only prompt an invitation to download the game and not to add you as a friend.))))

Its too bad thats the only way...sorry if I got your hopes up, but Gene at support was on to it straightaway like yourself and has twice he has been the person who ended up with a clear explanation after 8 or 9 support people tried to help me with an issue and ended up leading me down the garden path. Regardless, they have been very patient and understanding throughout, but in my opinion Gene and yourself deserve a raise:)

Thanks again.

• PrettyBubbles

Hi @Bear777 Thank you for your kind words and you are very welcome 😀

I new the process I explained was correct that's why I got concerned when you were originally telling me that support told you different 👍⭐

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?