🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

basic mathematics

2»

Comments

• phi1ar
    phi1ar Posts: 156 Level 3
    so, final answer is 316.  not 315 right? lol
  • 제니퍼리
    제니퍼리 Posts: 124 Level 3
    I just changed my final answer to 316. lol
  • phi1ar
    phi1ar Posts: 156 Level 3
    my answer is 316 from the beginning ha ha
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hey hey, I never delete any thread. Sometimes I merge threads when it's about the same subject but never delete. In your case, it went to the Spam queue - That happens when you try to post too many comments in a short period of time. 
    I checked the spam queue and it was there. However, since you made the post again, I haven't approved it, so there won't be duplicate ;) 

Thanks 
  • Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend
    edited June 2019
    50 - 5 X 2 = 30 
    12 + 5 x 2 = 22
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction.
    Hi ... 50-5×2=?
    Is your talking....
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction
     mean this:
    50-5×2= 50-(5×2)

If I inderstand you ... the answer is 40 not 30

Please help ... let me understand
  • 제니퍼리
    제니퍼리 Posts: 124 Level 3
    Ashraf said:
    50 - 5 X 2 = 30 
    12 + 5 x 2 = 22
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction.
    Hi ... 50-5×2=?
    Is your talking....
    When solving a problem, multiplication and division always take precedence over addition and subtraction
     mean this:
    50-5×2= 50-(5×2)

If I inderstand you ... the answer is 40 not 30

Please help ... let me understand

I wrote the problem wrong from the beginning. 

problem is 50-10x2 lol

50-10x2

=50-(10x2)

=50-20

=30

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?