🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Lost All My Booster Spells after Reloading My Game

Rovinglion
Rovinglion Posts: 6 Level 2
Hi, I play BWS 3 on my 5th generation iPad, with IOS 12.3.1.  My game was acting weird, so after doing the normal fixes (rebooting, etc.), I deleted my game — knowing that it was supposed to be saved via my Facebook account — and reinstalled the game back on my iPad.  When I next logged in, my levels were preserved but I lost ALL of my booster spells!

Here is what I lost (approximately):

Stereo Bolt — 19
Sparking Blast — 14
Magic Beam  — 4
Rainbow Rush — 2
Shooting Star — 0

I worked hard to win these (via Fairy Dash, etc.) and without these booster spells — which I used regularly — I’m finding it difficult to enjoy playing the game.  I would very much like my booster spells returned to me..

Please advise.  Thank you!
User ID:  10252021265

Best Answers

Answers

• phi1ar
    phi1ar Posts: 156 Level 3
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓

when you reinstalled the game.

all your boosters will gone.

if you want your boosters back,

try  System Restore on your computer.

• Rovinglion
    Thank you kindly, phi1ar, for your response; much appreciated!  :)

I do wish a developer or a developer rep had also responded because I still wonder two things:

(1) ***Why*** do all the boosters disappear, when the rank level does not?  What is the purpose of this decision?

(2) If the developers wish to continue advertising to gamers that connecting through Facebook will “save your game,” then the developers should either:

(a) Begin saving the valuable boosters that ARE very much a *part of the game* 

-  OR -

(b) Begin *specifically disclosing* in their advertising and their FAQs that only your levels will be saved and all of your boosters will be lost upon reinstallation of the game.

Anyway, thank you again, for your response.  I’m impressed that community players are so helpful!
  • kaiser1618
    kaiser1618 Posts: 268 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    I had the same problem and got the response from QueenMia: boosters are stored on the phone so that they are available even offline while all the other infos are stored on the servers.
  • Rovinglion
    edited July 2019
    Thank you for explaining the reason behind the disappearing boosters, kaiser1618; much appreciated!

/vent on

All I thought I was doing was “safely” reinstalling my game — as advertised by the game developers — back onto my device.  Yet I did *NOT* get all of my game information back during that reinstallation.  I find this practice deceptive.

If the developers want to continue making boosters available during offline play, then the developers also should ensure that players become aware of the full risks of reinstalling the game.  

/vent off

Anyway, thanks again for passing on the explanation.
  • jagath
    jagath Posts: 2 Newbie

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?