🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

BWS3 Music question

Ketzergon
Ketzergon Posts: 5 Level 2
edited September 2019 in Discussions
First I have to tell you that no other mobile game had me hooked like this one, I'm enjoying it very much.

I played the first one a long time ago and I liked the short loops of music very much, but in Saga 3...it's taking me back to my childhood I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, I want to know the name of who takes me back in time...Can you please tell me the name of the music composer(s) for the game?

Saludos from Mexico

Comments

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Hello @Ketzergon :)

Welcome to our Community :hurrah: 

I can totally understand why it reminds you of childhood... :3

Let me introduce you to @EduBroseta, our Kingster who designed the magic music of Bubble Witch3 :awesome:

Have a Bubblicious day!
  • _Edu_
    _Edu_ Posts: 9 Kingster
    Ketzergon!

I am glad i can bring you back to your childhood times! To be honest, thats why i am a composer: i get this feeling all the time when composing, makes me feel like a kid playing with a brand new toy  :)

Feel free to ask any questions!

Saludos!
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @Ketzergon and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I love your post endlessly. Thank you for sharing this with us 🥰

Hello @EduBroseta It's nice to meet you! I have always admired people who compose. Music is a big part of my life but I don't know anything about making it 🙈 On the other side, words and poetry are my thing. I guess we can't have everything 😉
  • Ketzergon
    edited September 2019
    Ketzergon!

I am glad i can bring you back to your childhood times! To be honest, thats why i am a composer: i get this feeling all the time when composing, makes me feel like a kid playing with a brand new toy  :)

Saludos!
    Yeees yes, I'd like to ask you the inspiration of the BWS music, what was on your mind?
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 23,984 Pet Rescue Moderator
    @EduBroseta it is awesome and lovely to meet you. Did you just do BW or other games too? 
  • _Edu_
    Ketzergon said:
    Ketzergon!

Saludos!
    Yeees yes, I'd like to ask you the inspiration of the BWS music, what was on your mind?
  • _Edu_
    edited October 2019
    So, we wanted to do a casual game about witches and magic, but lighthearted and a bit cartoonish, cute..in a very King-fashion of course! Also, i had a talk with the game team developing the game at early stages and i asked them what they liked and what they thought could be improved in BWS2 (the team who did BWS2 are the same ones who did BWS3). They mentioned sometimes they were tired about listening the the same tune over and over.

So those 2 things are enugh for a composer to get started. First one sets the tone and the seocnd comment from the team made me propose the multi-jinge approach for the game, where segments get in and out  smoothly in random order, instead of a tune repeating forever as long as you play to the level.

As for pure inspiration, i dont really know, it came basically from the concept arts from the team, reading a bit of the storyline and the characters, etc. I tried to use orchestral combinations that work for that genre and decided to use that sweet female voice for the main theme, as i thought it fitted the character and the game.
  • _Edu_
    edited October 2019
    @Chicken_Slayer  yes, i´ve done music and sounds (did BWS3 sounds as well) for other games: Shuffle Cats, Scrubby Dubby, Diamond Diaries..i think i might have done at least 1 sound for every king game out there actually! Hahah :)
  • Ketzergon
    So, we wanted to do a casual game about witches and magic, but lighthearted and a bit cartoonish, cute..in a very King-fashion of course! Also, i had a talk with the game team developing the game at early stages and i asked them what they liked and what they thought could be improved in BWS2 (the team who did BWS2 are the same ones who did BWS3). They mentioned sometimes they were tired about listening the the same tune over and over.

So those 2 things are enugh for a composer to get started. First one sets the tone and the seocnd comment from the team made me propose the multi-jinge approach for the game, where segments get in and out  smoothly in random order, instead of a tune repeating forever as long as you play to the level.

As for pure inspiration, i dont really know, it came basically from the concept arts from the team, reading a bit of the storyline and the characters, etc. I tried to use orchestral combinations that work for that genre and decided to use that sweet female voice for the main theme, as i thought it fitted the character and the game.
    Besides King and the games mentioned above, do you have more composed music, videogame or personal? (and maybe a link to listen those, please)
  • _Edu_
    edited October 2019
    Ketzergon said:

Besides King and the games mentioned above, do you have more composed music, videogame or personal? (and maybe a link to listen those, please)
    I´ve done a lot of stuff yes although i cant share the majority of it cause of copyright prevention. Then some of my personal stuff isnt really uploaded anywhere. I am just too lazy about this, sorry :) 

But stayed tuned..i am doing more music for BWS3 liveops and others!  ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?