🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Lost Progress Windows 10

LadyJEsq
LadyJEsq Posts: 16 Level 2
Hello Community

I was playing on BW3 yesterday when it crashed. When I opened the game back up, I was back at level 1 from level 1902. Since there are no issues with my computer memory, I assume that my progress is still stored somewhere. I found a link to restore for Windows 10 in another post, but it leads to a page that's since been deleted. Any help would be appreciated. 

And no, I do not have the game connected to FB. Also, the game was last updated on Jan 11th. 

Thanks. 

Answers

• Lesley-6
    Lesley-6 Posts: 372 Level 3
    Sorry @LadyJEsq I'm a technophobe so can't help but I commiserate with you, from past experience with either this game or another with different developer because you're not connected to Facebook I think you have to start all over again which is very annoying, hopefully someone with more knowledge will help you but I have this feeling that you've lost all your progress.  
  • LadyJEsq
    Thanks Lesley. I suspect you're right but thought I'd ask just to be sure. 
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Hi @LadyJEsq - welcome to our friendly community. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this issue. I see above you don’t have the game connected to FB so that option is out. By chance do you have a King ID or profile you created? That’s the other way the game is stored on your local device. If not I’m afraid @Lesley-6 is right.
  • LadyJEsq
    Hi @Foley1362, thank you very much. I don't have an option to create a King ID (at least not that I can tell, I can't click on a crown and have anything happen), but I did create a profile with my name and an avatar. 
  • KingChewy
    Hi again @LadyJEsq - okay. I’m going to tag @QueenRaffie to see if anything can be done just in case I am missing a step.  

However going forward here is the area to create a profile thru King, FB or Google.  This is how it appears for me in mobile IOS view but it might be different if you have a PC or Android.

Brings you to this screen

• LadyJEsq
    Thanks @Foley1362 I don't have an option for Google, just FB and I don't have a FB account. I read somewhere about clicking on the crown to create a King account, but nothing happens when I do that. It should indicate that setting an email is also an option on that button because it appears that FB is the only option. 
  • KingChewy
    @LadyJEsq - clicking on the King logo gets you your UserID # but it’s not an account per say. 

Do you have an email account you can use to sign up? The last screenshot I sent had the ‘sign up with email’ option which creates a King account for you. That’s the safest option IMHO and the way I personally have my games linked.

Hope this helps 🙏🏻
  • Lesley-6
    Lesley-6 Posts: 372 Level 3
    @LadyJEsq, I have a King account and like @Foley1362 says it asks for an email address, I do have an FB account but now choose not to use it for games for King.com or Zynga though I thought I was connected with one device for BW3. Am I right @Foley1362 in thinking that progress is saved if you do use the King.com account.
  • KingChewy
    @Lesley-6 - absolutely. If you register the game with your King account (email) then progress is stored via that!!
  • LadyJEsq
    Thanks @foley1362 and @Lesley-6. I only recently learned about creating a King account and when I tried, I thought I didn't have the option because I read somewhere about clicking on the crown (or King) which did nothing for me. It would be nice if it was indicated on the "Connect" button that there's another option other than FB (my only option) because I certainly would've done that. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?