🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Window 10 App freezing, can't click buttons

DasPook
DasPook Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi. Every time I use the app for windows (as opposed to using my phone or Facebook), I am unable to click most radio buttons. So, for example, if the level ends, I can't click on "OK" or "retry" - - they depress, but don't actually do anything.

If I go to the group page, I can choose a flower, but I can't x out of that window back to the game. I can click on teammates, I can cancel the lower I chose, I can even browse all of the other options. But the only way to return to the game is to close the app and start again.

I checked, the app is updated. What am I missing here? It hasn't worked properly since I got this laptop in November. Please help.

Thanks! 

Answers

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Hello @DasPook :waving:

Welcome to our Bubblific Community :3
    Let me try to understand your issue: All this issue started happening when you get the new laptop? Maybe it's something not really well set up in your laptop that is giving you this issue. Try this troubleshooting special for Windows 10 ;) 

Have a Bubblicious day :chuffed:

• Robned
    Robned Posts: 24 Level 2

Hi.

I have the exact same problem - on an older Win10 stationary computer.

And it bugs on top that when it happens, I will lose hats...

Plus hurray I cannot my selv decide whether I want to look at the three, if I go to the front and there are "tree news", I go to the tree. And it closes down and I lose things.

Ha been like this from the frist tree.

Actually right now I cannot even start the program, after last time it happened two days ago.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager

Hello @Robned and welcome to the Community!

This must be frustrating, I can imagine! Have you tried out the steps QueenRaffie suggested in this thread? I mean this troubleshooting?

To help you in identifying what the problem may be, Microsoft has released this app which helps in identifying and solving potential issues.

Please note that you will need to be logged in with your Microsoft ID before you can use the tool.

For more details please see here.

Please let me know if these steps helped. If they don't, I'd need the following information:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Do you get any error messages and if so, what do they say?

Thanks so much for your cooperation!!❤️

• Robned

Hi Lola-Pop and all.

After long consideration about what to do about not even being able to open the app, I reinstalled today. And after reconnecting to facebook, it works as a charm.

Almost...

It is a slightly different new version but seems fine.

How ever, also the new version have a few glitches.

So also now I lose hats etc. when I go to the tree.

I am beginning to think this issue is unsolvable, and have lived with it for months now so can live with it still...

The most important thing for me right now is I can play my favorite game again.

Kindly, Robert

• NhWendy
    NhWendy Posts: 35 Level 2

Hello Everyone,

After I make my choice for Waking the Tree, I confirm. Then I cannot close the Tree window. It closes nicely when the Tree is Awake and my next team is being chosen. But it will NOT close after I make my choice.

So I must close the app and reopen. I lose my Hat in this process.

I am very tired of losing Hats.

I do not know if the game is getting harder to win, or I am just playing poorly. But having hats and the wonderful 3rd Hat powerful boost would be helpful, as would the other 2 hats.

This has been a problem for me (and probably others) since Oct or Nov. I have been playing all along on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Wendy

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,257 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited February 2020

@NhWendy can you check what windows version you have and if there are any updates please. I recently updated to the update that's been out Oct/Nov and had a lot of problems with another game. Once all updates for it were done, I cleared all temp files etc, and reinstalled the game and its working better than it was before. 1909 was my last one

Do you get the little x to come back out once you make your choice or is it just not responding?

• NhWendy

Windows version 1909, updates (took forever) were installed 2/21. Same game performance before and after updates.

This issue has been constant since Oct or Nov. I am having a BIG problem with Candy Crush Soda Saga, so I have become active in the King Community.

In another thread, my same problem was called Game Freezing (or similar words). The x appears to close the Tree window, but it does not close. Closes when the game chooses a new Team, but it will not close after I choose my Flower. I must close the Game and restart it each and every time I choose a flower OR simply open to window to check on team member progress.

Thank you, ChickenSlayer, for looking into this issue.

• NhWendy

PS I''m an old DOS gal who never has conquered Windows. I don't know about clearing temp files. Should I be doing this?

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,257 Pet Rescue Moderator

@NhWendy To be honest, everything I know is self taught and google is a great teacher. I was fixing a dvd player last night lol. So I don't think age has anything to do with it, you just haven't come across it :) The most I could do in DOS was make pretty colours and boy did I think I was clever haha. I have a link that has instructions. I would recommend it highly. I also use another programme called ccleaner, it cleans registry files as well from past installations and I think cleans more, but one step at a time :😉 https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

Do you have saved boosters? If not, are you connected to Facebook or the Kingdom? If so, uninstall the apps. Run the disk cleaner, restart windows and then reinstall both. Log in again and see if that helps. I will be honest. It might not. BUT often is and I am 99.9% sure that is what caused my farm heroes issues as it was fine before. On top of that I use a screen recorder to video my games and since updating windows, I have had massive problems with that telling me it has an error it might not be made for windows and that was ok before too.

I want a rich relative I have never heard of to leave me their entire estate so I can buy a mac lol.

• Robned

Hi.

Thanks NhWendy for the description.

It is the exact same issue I have.

And I have the most recent Windows, and have just recently reinstalled the app so everything else is tip top.

It seems to me it must be a problem with the app and how it works with Windows in general. I consider contacting support...

Darned to lose advantages all the time, just another issue to make the game harder still than it should be.

Kindly,

Robert

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?