🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Most recent IOS update has made the game freeze

egg123
egg123 Posts: 8 Level 2

So, I updated my app when the last iOS update rolled around; however, ever since the update, the game now freezes in the results screen after completing a level. Makes it basically unplayable, because now I have to close and re-open the app after completing every level. Not only that, but now I can’t gain star dust too, it got stuck at 15/15.

So now not only does the game not able to connect to the internet (which has been an issue for some time now for me), but now I also can’t even properly play without having to constantly close and open the app.

screenshot of the frozen screen included:

Answers

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend

Restart ur phone n check whether do u have at least 2GB of free memory

• egg123

Yeah I have already restarted my phone, leaving it off for more than 10 seconds, and I have 24 GB available of storage

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend

Hmm let see whether @QueenMia can check out for u...

if u do not have much booster, u can try uninstall n install again ... as booster is not saved in the account id

• egg123

That would suck since I also have the issue that the game won’t let me connect to the internet, which means all my level progression has not been saved for some time now :/

if anything I’ll just wait for another game update to roll around

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,264 Pet Rescue Moderator

Oh no, yes you don't want to reinstall if you haven't been able to save progress. Unfortunately I am not quite sure how the team are managing working on that one right now as they have their own team for it, but working from home is going to throw up some challenges. I do know its quite an intensive issue 😒

As regards the update you just installed, can you let us know the version of it. Is your ios version up to date?

At a very last resort, the team could restore progress for you if you did end up having to reinstall. I would suggest taking a screenshot of your current level so you know wxactly where you got to. Which isn't ideal I know but at least that option is there. Sometimes through no fault of anyones, when the game updates, it can cause issues that can only be fixed with a reinstall. Not just Kings games, but any app you use.

Its @QueenB in charge of the bubble community now, so I will send her a message and see if she can find out anything for you. It might not be tomorrow though as again, everything is scaled back right now and a lot of the team are in the worst hit areas.

Stay safe!

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

Thanks for the tag @Chicken_Slayer 👍️

I am afraid that the only option we have left now is to delete the game app and install it again. It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost. If this happens, we can always manually restore your game progress 😉

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

Let us know when you have tried this.

Thanks!

• ronnie387
    ronnie387 Posts: 7 Level 2

please help. I’ve been having this problem With unable to save game even tho it was always saved through Facebook. I haven’t saved it for ages as it wouldn’t, it keeps freezing so I thought I’ll set up a king account to save it as on a really high level now. Stupidly I already have an account and logged into it and all my levels have gone, and I’m back to the beginning. I could be sick I’m so upset 😔please help

• ronnie387
    ronnie387 Posts: 7 Level 2

Hi chicken slayer

Thank you for a quick reply. im not very technically minded and that all looks confusing and not even sure where to start 😔

so I was playing bubblewitch saga 3 and it kept sticking at end of every level I won. Had to turn phone off and on to unstick it. Came on here and saw same problem experienced by others. Saw could delete app and re install it would help but need to save game. Haven’t saved for few months as it won’t save to Facebook how I normally do it. So I logged into my king account but it took me back to the beginning as had never played BubbleWitch3 when set up king account. So the high level I was at haven’t been saved for months.

thing is I found odd was even though it was wasn’t saving to Facebook my Facebook profile pic was still on my place marker on the game 🤔

So I can get it back tho? Just don’t understand how. Sorry for being thick 😬

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,264 Pet Rescue Moderator

No its fine @ronnie387 you're not thick at all!

It sounds like your King account wasn't synced with the facebook account so it changed your levels. I don't know about the facebook profile unless that is because when you were last logged in, it saved it. But I do know that the conection issue is a huge problem and one they have a whole team on trying to fix, but it is complicated and I assume made worse by the pandemic right now.

From the link I gave you, you want this part

What we suggest is that you connect the game to either Facebook or Kingdom now, play a level and make your way to us through here and we'll try to help you out the best we can. Please be sure to select "Problems with my game" and then "Game didn't save"

So you are logged into a Kingdom account right now? So your next step would be to click on the contact link (where it says here in green) and explain the issue. They can look into your account (which we cannot do here) and get you back on track so at least you can log in through the Kingdom 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?