1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

How Much Money Is Enough for King?

Comments

• Andrew_Endymion
    Andrew_Endymion Posts: 44 Level 2
    edited December 2018
    @TaniaSloan @firebombmarkus @Joseph45 @Aitch @Veeresh @QueenMia

LOL. Bring all the King apologists out of the woodwork, makes no never mind to me.

1. I didn't use any insensitive, vulgar, or profane language. If anything but sunshine and puppy dogs gets categorized as offensive, then it's no wonder this forum is as useless for meaningful feedback as it is.

2. I stand by my comments, absolutely and 100 percent. This company doesn't force you into playing, true. But it *does* make early levels reasonable and then, after you've sunk hours upon hours into the game, whoops, here come the levels that take dozens of attempts to pass using nothing more than dumb luck or—better yet—the levels that *are* impossible until they're nuked by King after the most engaged users have been used as de facto beta testers (and have wasted time/boosters playing the impossible version).

So, no, King doesn't force anyone to play; it just, as stated, shows the utmost contempt for the users who have spent the most time playing its products.

3. You want proof of said contempt? Here are 2 changes to the game that have been obvious, easy to make, and suggested since the first Candy Crush was released. Yet King has never made them nor given any reason as to why it refuses/cannot:

A. Allow users to skip straight to a level rather than scrolling back through dozens of "worlds," each of which takes time to load, then scroll through.

B. If you're going to make a 3-star score difficult to reach, make the level reasonable to pass. If you're going to make the level difficult to pass, make the 3-star reasonable to reach. Making a 3-star score difficult to reach and the level difficult to pass just makes the money grab that much more blatant and consequently insulting. Perfect example is level 200, which has a 3-star score which is 100 percent impossible to reach without using lots of boosters and is extremely difficult to pass at all.

4. If King provided a meaningful forum and addressed user complaints in any official capacity AT ALL, my approach and tone would be much different. In fact, both were until I first realized the con while playing the original Candy Crush. But King doesn't provide that forum or feedback, does it? Nope. Just gives useless platitudes (as evidenced above), churns out the same garbage scam and, keeps taking people's money.

If the facts bother you, tough.
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    @Andrew_Endymion With all due respect, I don't see the point in talking endlessly against something. You either like it or not. If you don't, you leave it. If you do, you stand by it. Simple as that. Anyway, thank you for your detailed answer, it's quite remarkable. Have a great day! I sure do have it after your funny response!
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    @Andrew_Endymion, I will not accept that you think that the King company makes money over their games. Every possible level in this game has been made in a way that it can be beaten even without using any boosters at all.
    Being polite is not just bringing a sunshine to the Community. It's just to be more respectful to everyone and have a nice way to talk here. From what I saw you didn't say any forbidden words.
    You take that opinion about hard levels to the trash. Yes, levels can be hard, but not impossible, but you should just calm down and deal with what you have. If you don't like games from King, uninstall them and get off the Community.
    About the suggestions that according to you King never spoke about: A way to go to earlier levels faster has been suggested even for this very game (Candy Crush Friends). Again, reaching a 3-star score on a level is NOT impossible either. It's you who considers everything in a game impossible, and we cannot handle that.
    But this is a forum where ANYONE can be heard; it's just that people like @QueenMia need to set order and politeness here. I was somewhat rude here at first, but then I was finally doing well and helping people well. Some of the people here ARE employees at King can be there to help you; but they will just warn you if you don't change your behavior here.

Please have this in mind. This Community, alongside the other ones from King, is ready to help anybody that is useful, brings polite comments, has an appropiate and acceptable behavior, and does not consider everything in a game unfair. YOU should help yourself first. Talk with a professional in unexpected or rude behavior and look for ways to be far more relaxed. But in the meantime, we cannot accept your rude behavior and comments in this Community.
  • Andrew_Endymion
    @firebombmarkus

"You either like it or not. If you don't, you leave it. If you do, you stand by it. Simple as that."

Except real life isn't always that simple, is it?

For example, what if you like aspects of a product, but not others? You just shrug and say nothing is perfect? Do you think products just improve accidentally and/or coincidentally?

Incidentally, why are you pushing back on my comments and dismissing my feedback? What, pray tell, is the point of this forum? To simply cheer on King and tell each other what a wonderful company it is and how its products are perfect?

B/c, as far as I can tell, that's the only thing that gets a substantive response around here. If you actually lodge criticism or suggest an improvement, you get shined on with fables about how "it's been reported to King and we'll let you know" or some other canned response.
  • firebombmarkus
    Ok darling, you are so full of resentment, it's not good for you @Andrew_Endymion I just said that I live by those rules. You can live your life the way you want, I don't judge. I am pushing back on your comments for only one reason - I am a common player like any one of you, not a King employee and it's not my responsibility to try to convince you to stay and play games and also I am not a fan of any kind of conflict. It's my free will that I want to help others find solution for their issues with games and I do it gladly.
  • Andrew_Endymion
    @AlejHerrBar2k3

"About the suggestions that according to you King never spoke about: A way to go to earlier levels faster has been suggested even for this very game (Candy Crush Friends)."

Hmm, that is actually what I said i.e. that going directly to a level rather than scrolling through old worlds has been suggested since the original Candy Crush. What I said King has never spoken of is why the change has never been made.

Care to address that now? Why won't King add the feature or why is doing so impossible?

"Again, reaching a 3-star score on a level is NOT impossible either. It's you who considers everything in a game impossible, and we cannot handle that."

This is a lie unless you are hiding behind the literal definition of impossible i.e. I'm sure if you played any level an infinite number of times, you would eventually find a magical board that earned a 3 star score for any level.

However, Level 200 in Candy Crush Friends Saga, as it is currently constructed, is impossible to pass with a 3-star score without using boosters and lots of 'em. The only time I've ever come remotely close to 3 stars, I had a timed Friends booster to start, a ridiculously lucky first few moves and then used 2 boosters to pass the board with 16 moves to spare. Still didn't get 3 stars. If you don't use any boosters, you won't come within 15000 points of the 3-star score—I never have and nobody on my leaderboard has.

Prove me wrong.

• Andrew_Endymion
    @firebombmarkus

LOL at the "darling" and talk of resentment. I'm not interested in trolling or trolls. Cheers.
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    edited December 2018
    @Andrew_Endymion Sorry if I need to say this again, but you must understand it. You are acting rude and nobody here will accept that!!!

King as a company does NOT ask for money to let people progress. Just beat a level, even if it feels impossible as hell to you, and you'll be on the next one! You can beat it even without any darn boosters!!

We don't push back on your feedback. We just need that you act in a way that we can accept. Calm yourself down and deal with how a level is and looks.

If a person that has close contact with King, for example, QueenMia, tells you that she has told her fellow people in a studio about your issue, but you don't get a response at least 24 hours after they had told you that, don't go crazy about it. There are many issues that King can't handle simply because of a lack of technical explanations or a comprehendable issue from a person that knows that something goes wrong with a game on their device, but you should let them have the time to fix everything. Don't be expecting a response 24 hours after your response and everything will be OK.

We will never EVER allow behaviors like yours here. Begin by changing and providing the most appropiate comments to everyone here.
  • firebombmarkus
  • Andrew_Endymion
    @AlejHerrBar2k3

I have passed every level, I have passed almost every level with 3 stars, and I am completely calm. It is you who seems a little excited based on the exclamation points and the fact that you're not actually responding to the points I'm raising.

I've raised substantive issues and, true to form, nobody has addressed them. So far, all I've seen is a bunch of the aforementioned platitudes and some amusing pearl clutching over my offensive posts. For the record, I will again say I've posted nothing even remotely offensive and certainly haven't done so during this exchange. If it is "offensive" to criticize King on a forum to which King directs you for the posting of feedback...well, I'm gonna have to plead entrapment.

When someone actually addresses a point I've raised or proves anything I've said off base, I'll admit I'm in the wrong. Until then, nope.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?