Psssst... Something sweet is coming! Can you guess what? Check here!

Rainbow Costume Issue

quad5quad5 Posts: 8
I cannot get the rainbow costume. I'm now at this moment of posting on level 395. There is no way I haven't won 5 levels in a row* with all the characters (Tiffi, Yeti, Nutcracker, Odus, Misty, and even the elusive Red Rabbit) since the opportunity emerged after gold was accomplished. My app (PC/Laptop) keeps resetting the levels won back to 0 once I close it for the day or for a few hours. I have screenshots of this happening. This wasn't an issue with the silver and gold costumes, so I'm at a lost as to why this is occurring. I know the costumes don't add any special abilities, but that's not the point. Appreciate any feedback even if I'm doing something wrong.

* - Not seen any character appear/be an option for 5 consecutive levels.
Prev1

Answers

• AlansmartAlansmart Posts: 1,301 Superstar
    Hello and welcome to the community @quad5, the rainbow upgrades of the default outfits require 5 straight wins from the desired character, it does not have to be consecutive levels just 5 in a row without a loss.. e.g. more than once I had 4 in a row then lost the next attempt and had to start at 0 again as it is awarded for 5 in a row. I am curious if maybe that happened for you also? If the screenshots show otherwise I would be interested in seeing them if you could please post them?
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

Keep calm and crush on  πŸ¬πŸ”¨

Alan Smart 🍁
  • quad5quad5 Posts: 8
    Thanks for responding Alan ( @Alansmart ). Quite honestly, it's been so long since I've been trying for the rainbow that I can't recall if I loss a level after reaching 4 wins* in row w/ all the characters. Probably did would be my best guess given some of the levels encountered and the choices w/ characters involved. Be nice if it would say '5 in a row w/o a loss' just to clear any confusion for all going forward.

That being said, this isn't that unfortunately. The screenshots show what I had w/ Tiffi & Nutcracker right before I was done and closed the app then what I had with them when I opened the app back up later without playing at all. The time variation is due to me making sure it was not me playing with these characters after I had won 1 level again and then seeing if/when the reset would occur.

* - Out of curiosity...Is it possible to go back to any level completed and collect level wins that way or must it be new levels? Haven't tried going back, but figured I'd ask.
    Hello and welcome back @quad5, yes it is possible to go back to previous levels and if you had only 1 star on xlevel then if you three star it you would gain 2 stars toward the star chaser event.. I will pass along the possible glitch to my manager for further review to see if this is a known issue @QueenMia. Hope we can get you an answer as to what is happening πŸ™‚

Alan Smart 🍁
    Alan ( @Alansmart ), apologies on the delayed reply. Thanks for forwarding the issue and now I'll just await to see what answer may come in the coming days.
    Hello again @quad5, and you are very welcome.. speaking of issues with the rainbow outfits, I recently unlocked dachs but to my surprise he doesn't have a badge at all? Might be set that way or is it a glitch? @QueenMia if you can please find out about this also it would be great πŸ™‚

Alan Smart 🍁
  • QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 5,171 Community Manager
    Hi there @quad5 and welcome to our Community :) Thanks @Alansmart for flagging this to me! 

@quad5, there is no reported issues with the Rainbow Costumes at the moment. Have you tried to clear cache and cookies and make sure you have the latest update? That usually helps with any kind of issue :)

So if I understand well, whenever you go for the 5 consecutive wins but quit the game before reaching the target, the game does not remember the previous wins and reset to 0, is that correct? 

Thank you!

Welcome to the King Community!
    No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

πŸ‘‰ Something is coming! Check what here!

Win Gold bars Here πŸ’

Yes @QueenMia , you understand the issue that I'm having correctly. Yes, I have the latest version of the app via Microsoft store (v. 1.6.6.0) on my PC and laptop. I clean my entire system on both as needed or at a certain time and still have the issue. Last time was one week ago.

As far as I know, the only characters that you must win with to get the rainbow costume are the original ones. ie - playing Tiffi and not Tiffi the Turkey, etc. Is that correct? Only asking because for first time yesterday, I actually went that route to avoid losing what I had with Tiffi and the app reset again. Wasn't expecting that and thus, no screenshots this time.
    Hello @quad5, the wins that qualify toward the rainbow outfits must be done with the default costumes equipped as far as I know

Alan Smart 🍁
  • Foley1362Foley1362 Posts: 7,083 Superstar
    @QueenMia & @Alansmart - are rainbow costumes only a PC option? Never seen or had an opportunity to collect gold/silver or rainbow costumes on my mobile game (iPhone) ever. Just curious.

🍩πŸ”₯  A heart filled with love β€οΈ 
    is like a Phoenix that no cage can imprison πŸ”₯🍩
    Hello @Foley1362, no the badge default outfits are not limited to PC players as I play mobile and I have them.. that said i must also say that the badge outfits are a random player trial that is being tested and is not a global part of software YET, I hope I have helped clarify this for you and have a devine day πŸ‘

Alan Smart 🍁
  • Foley1362Foley1362 Posts: 7,083 Superstar
    Thanks @Alansmart! That’s good to know. Hard to know what features do or don’t apply across all the platforms OR why some costumes are limited time events and some aren’t like Santa Yeti was for some from what I read.  

Sincerey appreciate the info!! 

🍩πŸ”₯  A heart filled with love β€οΈ 
    is like a Phoenix that no cage can imprison πŸ”₯🍩
    Hello @Alansmart . That's what I thought as well, so played over the weekend when I had some time and to my shock/surprise...the other costumes counted as well. Yes, have the screenshots given I was purposely playing with the other costumes (Tiffi Dragon, Yeti Cow, & Nutcracker Robot) just to see what would happen. Now, I'm at a complete lost as to what to do given I want to play and also obtain the rainbow costume for the original characters.

Seems my original issue, which @QueenMia is looking into, has now led to another possible issue. If not an issue, definitely confusion given 'win w/ this character' only appears with the original ones and leads most people to deduce that one needs to use that specific character to accomplish the goal.
    Hey @quad5, wow that is quite the confusion indeed.. I look forward to hearing what queenmia finds out from the studio about this, this has been a big topic among many players for a while now

Alan Smart 🍁
  • QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 5,171 Community Manager
    Hi guys, 

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into your question of losing the progress when closing the App. We'll get back to you asap on this, we need to investigate a few things first. 

Besides that though, it is advised that you pass 5 new levels in a row to get to the rainbow costume. Also, note that the feature is also available on mobile but as a Test though, which means that not all players get it. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I get more info :)  Until then, happy crushing!

Welcome to the King Community!
    No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

πŸ‘‰ Something is coming! Check what here!

Win Gold bars Here πŸ’

• matildaheidimatildaheidi Posts: 1
    I have almous all of the rainbow costumes.