🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Travel - Share some pics and stories

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,759 Candy Moderator
    @QueenMia - I would say it is a medium cave system 180 feet below ground.  There are two different sets of caves that they have explored and opened to the public (with paths and steps).  Definitely not as big as Carlsbad caverns in New Mexico.  I have lived in London twice (once with my parents and once in the military), The Netherlands (Schinnen), Naples Italy and Stuttgart, Germany.    But I have spent a lot of time traveling throughout Europe for fun and work (including a 13 day cruise on the Hurtigruten Midnight Sol where we went up and down the coast of Norway and traveled above the Arctic circle)  B)
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hey @bearwithme, I too lived in London for a few years! Which area where you living in? You've lived in some nice places... and very different from each others! Do you have any favourite? 

I would love to go on that cruise too, it must have been wonderful 😍 Any pics, maybeee?! Hehe! 

Have you ever seen Northern lights? I've see them from the plane while landing in Iceland but that was it... Aiming to catch some next winter! 
  • BabyBluz
    BabyBluz Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thank all of you for sharing your pics. I haven't had a vacation in 20 years and have never had the opportunity to travel outside the United States.  Your pics have been beautiful and remind me that there is a whole wide world waiting for me to explore someday!
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    I could agree more with you @BabyBluz well said 😊. I love to look at this thread ! Welcome to the community too 🤗

( I love your photography btw @QueenMia you're very talented 😊)
  • bearwithme
    @QueenMia - I've lived in West Kensington and also in Kew Gardens.  I especially loved my ground floor flat across the street from the Gardens.  I got an annual pass and pretended they were my gardens. 🤣😂  London is my favorite city.

I have seen a version of the Northern lights in Michigan once (sheets of white shimmering across the sky) but none of the beautiful colorful displays you get from Iceland and the Scandinavian countries in the winter. 

Welcome to the community @BabyBluz.  There is definitely a lot of awesome things to see and do out there in the world.  I hope you get the opportunity to get out there and explore.  It's pretty easy to get a Eurail pass and explore a lot of Europe that way and sometimes there are some pretty great airfare offers too.

I don't have pictures from the Norway cruise readily available but  here are some pictures from two National Parks in New Mexico, USA (Tent Rocks and Bandelier National Parks).

• bearwithme
    Here are a few more (the last two are from Bandelier where they have rock cave dwellings)

• John_W
    John_W Posts: 163 Level 3
    a pic I took yesterday
  • bearwithme
    Very Nice @John_W!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Is that Brooklyn NYC?
  • John_W
    😂 yes it is, thank u. How did u know? @bearwithme
  • John_W

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?