Travel - Share some pics and stories

Comments

• bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,958 Superstar
    I’ll be back in Peru in October for about 6 weeks. I’ll be working on my project there transitioning some labs and personnel to temporary quarters while part of their current building is being renovated. 

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Be sure to come check out the  Beginner's Corner and visit the lounge area 💕💕

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 8,884 Superstar
    Wow that's so cool 😎 @bearwithme Is Peru as poor as we are told? I've seen some very disturbing photos and videos. 

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    🌈
    Beginner's Corner in Candy Crush Saga
    🌈
    Vote for portal in Friends Saga
    🌈
    Shake Piggy Bank - Friends Saga
    🌈
    It is definitely a ‘third world country’. Definitely don’t want to drink the local water and watch what you eat. We stay in the ‘tourist area’ but I have seen places that are pretty run down. 

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community
  • QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 5,929 Community Manager
    I’ll be back in Peru in October for about 6 weeks. I’ll be working on my project there transitioning some labs and personnel to temporary quarters while part of their current building is being renovated. 
    Can you take me with you, @bearwithme? 🤗 Haven't been to Peru but really would love to! I know Bolivia, Chile and Argentina as I had a backpack trip there 2 years ago! 
    Have you been to any other countries in South America? I'm sure you had! 

Welcome to the King Community!
    No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

👉 CCFS - Win Gold bars Here 🍒
    🌟 Beat our Superstars and get free boosters - Check here  🎉

👉CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭
    I'd love to have you with me @QueenMia ; 😊🤗  I have been to some other countries - I did a South American cruise so we went to Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, The Falkland Islands, and Chile.  I've never been to Bolivia and you probably saw a lot more of the other two countries when you went backpacking.  But we started in Rio De Janeiro  and spent several days there so we did the sightseeing thing but we went back another time and went a little bit into the Amazon - it was beautiful!. Here are a few pictures of some of the local birds (the first is a hummingbird in flight)

• AcvAcv Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭
    Some pictures from Washington DC
    Thank you for sharing @Acv. Did you take all of these from a boat?

• KitKathySuzyQKitKathySuzyQ Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    RVRV’ing in the USA- a great way to see our beautiful country!
    @KitKathySuzyQ - How fun - it looks like a pretty nice RV. 😊

• AcvAcv Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭
    @bearwithme we went on a boat ride in DC so they were taken from a boat.  I have a lot more pictures from other places to post but will get them up when I can.
    Sounds great @Acv. I’m sure you had fun. I’ve never taken a boat ride in DC but have traveled over the water on the Metro. 

Those birds are so beautiful, @bearwithme 😍 

@Acv, @KitKathySuzyQ, thanks for sharing these pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!! 

👉CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭
    Hello guys, here are some pics from last weekend - Just 1/2 hours away from home in beautiful Catalunya 😍 
    Have you got some pictures to share too?! 

👉CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 8,884 Superstar
    I love these pictures 😍 @QueenMia The clouds, sunset, and water, a perfect combination!

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    🌈
    Beginner's Corner in Candy Crush Saga
    🌈
    Vote for portal in Friends Saga
    🌈
    Shake Piggy Bank - Friends Saga
    🌈
    Thank you, @firebombmarkus. It was so nice. So relaxing. Being in nature really is my favourite thing 😁

👉CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭