⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why has my piggy bank gone from being filled to 60 gold bar maximum down to 30 gold bar maximum?

Suziwho
Suziwho Posts: 5 Level 2
Wondering why my piggy bank has gone from being filled to 60 gold bar maximum down to 30 gold bar maximum? Still shows a 7 on my bank but now I get half the gold bars for the same amount of money. WHY?

Answers

• Kathy_Bidwell
    Kathy_Bidwell Posts: 3 Newbie
    I noticed that too came here to ask the same question
  • DoubleB423
    DoubleB423 Posts: 252 Level 4
    @Suziwho.  

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering myself why in CCS, I had 2 piggybanks on the side-
    One held 60/60. And the other held 30/30.

I had both for a good while, but NOW, my game only loads with the 30/30 one.
    I would like to know why I :

1. Lost the 60count piggybank
    2. Didn't even have a warning it was being taken.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    Hello @Suziwho @Kathy_Bidwell and @DoubleB423 - I hope you are enjoying your time in our wonderful community.  First of all I would like to clarify which game you are talking about.  This thread is currently in Candy Crush Friends and as far as I am aware - Candy Crush Friends has a piggy bank that you have to buy in advance and will only fill up to a maximum of 30 gold bars.  I am going to ask that this thread be moved to Candy Crush Saga.

If you are referring to Candy Crush Saga, it appears the studio has once again decided to reduce the maximum amount of gold bars in the piggy bank to 30 gold bars.  They reduced the amount of gold bars in the past but there was enough discussion from the players that the studio increased it back to 60.  

Please be aware that you all could be part of a test group for this feature.  The studio believes that the most important way to learn about whether and how the players enjoy different features and events they make for them is to do what they call AB tests. By giving some players a particular event/feature, and others another event, or maybe no event at all, they can compare the data from those different groups and learn how appealing and fun different elements of the game are. This is how they make sure that they only give their players what they really enjoy! 

The best thing you can do at this time is provide feedback in a discussion thread (there is probably a similar one out there) about how you feel about the change, and be patient and hopefully your bank will eventually be restored back to a maximum of 60 gold bars.

• DoubleB423
    @bearwithme

I get the whole ALPHA/BETA testing thing, I do.  Also, I didn't realize that the thread was for CCFS only.

Has anybody else at all had 2 different piggy banks in the same KING game?
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    @DoubleB423 / I have not seen any mention of that in the community. How long did you have that overlap? A day, week or longer? I thought that was very interesting when you mentioned it. 
  • DoubleB423
    @bearwithme

Ive played CC forever, but in the past 2 months I noticed that after every level I beat it would drop gold in both piggy banks.
    Maybe I only had a certain amount of time to utilize both of them, before I lost 60. A countdown timer would have been useful.
  • tredog79
    tredog79 Posts: 1 Newbie

i know this is an old thread, but the same thing just happened to me. I had a 60 bar piggy bank - level 7, and now only the 30 bar bank shows up, same level 7. I will never spend the same amount on half the bars. I’m on level 9587 and don’t mind buying when it seems economical.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?