I lost my progress after accepting new privacy policy! I was a game away from 3000. Please advise!

caramelkitty88
caramelkitty88 Posts: 8 Level 2
Help — what has happened to all my progress. I reached almost level 3000, hundreds of candy bombs and 50 days without a break. I lost all of it when I accepted the privacy policy update you required before I could continue. How can I restore this?

Answers

• AbhinavSargar
    AbhinavSargar Posts: 3,726 Level 5
    edited February 2020
    Hi @caramelkitty88

Welcome to the Community,

Sorry to hear about your Problem.

It is really very frustrating that you go near Level 3000 and you lost your progress for just Ticking Privacy Policy.

Can you exactly tell us about which Candy Crush Game You are talking about ?

We would like to know about this in detail.

Candy Crush Friends Saga hasn't reached Level 3000 so it can't be Candy Crush Friends Saga.

Also, Can You Tell Us that did you logged into King Account or Facebook Account ?

If No then there's a less chance to get your progress back.

If Yes then where did you logged in - King Account or Facebook Account?

If you have logged into Facebook account then Check whether you have logged out of Facebook Account. If you have then this is the Only Reason for loosing your Progress. You can get it back easily. Just Login into Facebook Account in your King Game.

If you have logged into King Account or you are Playing The Game on King.com or Facebook then 
    check out this-

Have you lost your progress and friends list? 

How to get your level and progress back?

General Questions

Frequent Questions

If any of the Above Doesn't Helps then @PummyRaj @Community_Team @Werner_Cichy @Spinnifix @bearwithme @Crazy Cat Lad @Sukanta_Biswas @Pounawea @QueenMia will help you further.

I hope you understand this.

Have A Nice Day and Great Weekend!
  • caramelkitty88
    Hi and thank you for the response! 

I was playing Candy Crush Soda Saga.
    I only log in through the King account and never use Facebook login. 
    It was very odd because I never have lost progress like this until I accepted the new privacy and terms, which was required to continue.  I’ve always pulled up the game and been able to play right away. As soon as I accepted the terms it took me to ... level 1 of candy crush soda. Not ok!  

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,676 Candy Moderator
    Hello @caramelkitty88, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community  :) 

I am very sorry to hear that you have lost your game progress in your game!!  Yes!  Like you said, nothing should happen to our game when we "Accept" the Terms & Conditions!!  I am not sure why it did in your game!  

I will try to find out why it might be!  But, if these kind of glitches occurs to one or 2 players, it could be issue with our device OR servers!  

** One thing I have noticed is that, when I log-out from the game, this "Accept Terms" window pops-up!  And we automatically start playing from level 1!   So, I request you to make sure that you are logged into the game through your Kingdom account.  I am pretty sure that must be the reason!

If not, please let me know along with the details of your device, and I will tell you how to get your progress back. 

Talk to you soon!  Have a wonderful rest of the weekend =)   
  • AbhinavSargar
    Thanks @PummyRaj for Your Kind Information and Reply. 

Thanks @caramelkitty88 for Your detailed Reply. 

Your Problem will get solved soon.

Have A Nice Day and Great Sunday!
  • caramelkitty88
    Hi — I’ve only ever played through King, I’ve never logged out, and the only thing that affected my game status was accepting the new privacy terms. I’m really disappointed after all of this time! I play on my iPad air as I have been for the last couple of years. 

I wont start over so if there’s no way to reinstate, please let me know. I appreciate you help either way.  Thank you 
  • AbhinavSargar
    Hi @caramelkitty88

Thanks for the Reply.

Try Reversing the above process you did.

I mean since You ticked the Accept King Privacy, just untick it and Reject. See if it helps.

If above method doesn't help then try logging out of King Account. Check if your progress returns back. If it doesn't works then try logging again into King Account.

If any of the above doesn't work then try Playing The Game on King.com.

Reply if any of the above method didn't worked.

I hope this helps.

Have A Nice Day!

• PummyRaj
    Hello @AbhinavSargar

It will not be possible to "un-check" the box where we have accepted the "Terms & Conditions"!!  As it is a box that appears only once.  
  • PummyRaj
    Hi — I’ve only ever played through King, I’ve never logged out, and the only thing that affected my game status was accepting the new privacy terms. I’m really disappointed after all of this time! I play on my iPad air as I have been for the last couple of years. 

I wont start over so if there’s no way to reinstate, please let me know. I appreciate you help either way.  Thank you 

Hello again @caramelkitty88

Can you please provide a screenshot of your profile?  You can get to it through the "Blue Settings" icon in the Map screen.   

Then tap on the "King Icon" 👇 👇 

Then this 👇 screen will appear

Talk to you soon!  Have a wonderful rest of the day/evening!
  • caramelkitty88

Logging out twice and logging in again restored the game to where I had been. I had overstated my progress, ooops 😬 I was at 2199, so I guess I saw the ‘99’ and thought I was near 3000. Not quite!

Thank you for your help. I do think there was a glitch with the privacy acceptance page. It’s impossible to proceed to the game without accepting the new terms, so it may be a bug to look at, but thank you for your time and help very much!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?