1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Queens of the Kingdom - Meet Inka, Game Designer 🦸🏻‍♀️

QueenMia
QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
edited March 2020 in Discussions

🌟 No account yet? Register here in just 2 seconds! 💃

All great Saga needs all sort of Heroes 🦸‍♀️

As part of Women's day (on the 8th of March), Tiffi would like to take the opportunity to celebrate some of our strong and talented women at Candy Crush Friends 💪 This week, we'd like to introduce to @inkanen, Game Designer - We sat down with her, asked a dew questions and here is what she's told us.

Sit down, relax, enjoy the read and come back next week for more!

"Hello Candy Crush Friends Saga players! I’m Inka and I’m a game designer on Friends. Nice to meet you!"

. What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be a pet shop keeper when I was a kid. I loved animals (still do!) and wanted to be around them all day 😊

. What do you like about your position?

As a game designer, I get to figure out how we can make Friends even more fun for players. It’s a super creative, exciting and challenging role and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

. What are you challenges as women in the gaming industry?

I’d say that the biggest challenge for me has been navigating situations where I might be the only woman on a team or in a meeting. This is especially important if we are discussing female players and are making assumptions about them.

. Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

I love seeing women make games and succeed in the games industry. We need more women here! I think it’s key to remember that women belong in this industry just as much as men do, and to never be afraid to be seen and heard by others.

. Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share it?

True happiness comes from within.

I’m not sure where that motto comes from, but for me it’s a reminder to reflect on the positive and be appreciative of what I already have.

. Who Inspires you and why?

On a professional level – Riana, our lovely Art Director on Candy Crush Friends, is a wonder woman on a whole other level. She’s incredibly smart and talented and I’ve learned so much about making games from working with her.

On a personal level - My friends Valentina, Christina and Muna who run businesses, work several jobs and can get through anything! They inspire me to seek challenge and face it with confidence.

🍭 Well thanks so much for answering our questions, @inkanen! It's amazing to see your passion and inspiration. You truly are a source of inspiration yourself! 🌟

I you have any questions for Inka, please ask below!

Happy day everyone 🍒

More women's interview from King here!

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned!

Comments

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Oh my gosh...

Amazing interview Inka.

You are such an amazing game designer and you and your team gave all your love and passion on this game.

Please keep up the good job!~

Also, I remember you from when CCFS Studio made a Q&A and you answered my questions here.

Seriously, thanks alot for this!~

• inkanen
    inkanen Posts: 6 Level 2

Hi everyone! I visit this community forum often but haven't participated until now. It's nice to meet you all :)

@Sofia1992 Thank you, that means a lot to me <3 I'm really excited about the future of CCFS and can't wait to bring more new experiences and events into the game!

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    edited March 2020

You are really welcome @inkanen .

It's my big honor and that you answered in my questions back then and also, as Game Expert that I'm now, let me welcome you to our sweet community.

As you noticed, me with the help of my friends too, we try all our best to make this community the greatest place ever for everyone. And for old ones and for new ones too.

Seriously, thank you for your hard work in the game and I have something to ask you.

As level designer in CCFS, you could be able to work and in other Candy Crush Games. So, how and you decide to work in this certain game only?

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    edited March 2020

@inkanen

Hi Inka! Thank you for giving us an interview and sharing your insight. I love your motto, and I agree whole-heartedly! 🤗

I also thought it was very beautiful that you named your friends as your inspirations. It is a true example of women supporting women. It made me a little emotional, actually, just because your personal friends are so important to you that you have no hesitation in naming them as professional influences. Please be sure to show them this interview! 🥰

Thank you again and thanks to @QueenMia for posting this. ♥️🐳

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5

Nice to meet you @inkanen ! Thank you for bringing CCFS to us. It is such a wonderful game! Keep up the good work! 😊

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,061 Pro Player 👑

Hi @inkanen

It is a real pleasure to meet you, your job would be amazing all the characters are so cute and colorful ccfriends is my favorite game out of all of them.

Thank you 🐨🌈

• candystripe
    candystripe Posts: 70 Level 3

Hi @inkanen

It's a pleasure to read your responses in the interview. Love the game. Keep up the good work and it's nice to know that there's some female inspiration going into it. 👍👍

• angiefender576
    angiefender576 Posts: 24 Level 2

Women Empowerment !!!! @inkanen I have decided if you want something done RIGHT, then you depend on a woman. I remember when Olivia appeared in my life, I was so happy to hear from a WOMAN and she distracted me from Yeti and I diverted my attention to a more colorful version of my favorite game. Women Rule and Men 👶. (this is not a diss to male creators of this game) I cannot judge those I do not know. Please accept the previous statement as it explains my experience with the many in my life, who refuse to see a woman's point of view. HA!HA! 😋

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator

Hello @inkanen - thank you so much for taking the time to share some information and insights as to what it means being a female in the gaming industry. I love Candy Crush Friends - it is so clever and creative and its wonderful that you are a part of it as one of the game designers. You are an inspiration to all women who are considering a career in the industry. Thank you!😊🤗🐨💕

• Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend

Hi @inkanen 😁♥️ nice to meet you 🌹

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?