New Feature! Welcome to the Sweet Streak 🍬🍬 New Blocker! Meet the Hazelnut Crunch 🍫
🍒 Win Gold bars with Yeti here and Boosters here 🍭 | 🌟 Say Hi here 👋
🔥 Hot right Now 🌶

Queen of the Kingdom - Meet Jessica, Senior Data Scientist for Candy Crush Friends 🦸🏻‍♀️

QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 8,093 Community Manager
edited March 25 in Discussions

🌟 No account yet? Register here in just 2 seconds! 💃

All great Saga needs all sort of Heroes 🦸‍♀️

As part of Women's day (on the 8th of March), Tiffi would like to take the opportunity to celebrate some of our strong and talented women at Candy Crush Friends 💪 This week, we'd like to introduce to @JessVDK, Senior Data Scientist - We sat down with her, asked a dew questions and here is what she's told us.

Sit down, relax, enjoy the read!

"Hi, my name is Jessica and I’m a senior data scientist for Candy Crush Friends Saga. I’m originally from the Netherlands, but have been living in London for 5 years now!"

! . What was your dream job as a child?

I always wanted to be a writer. I loved reading, and was always writing short stories in my school notebooks. I still love reading, but I mostly write code nowadays!

2. What is your favourite game? 

I spend a lot of time on my mobile phone playing lots of different games. Of course I love Candy Crush Friends Saga, I’m currently on level 1327 😃 I also like puzzle games like 2048, solitaire, and picture cross. My favourite PC game is The Sims, I can spend hours building a house and raising a family!

3. What do you like about your position?

I really like trying to understand the players and our game better through data. For example, if I notice that only few players are succeeding on a certain level, I will pass that information on to the level designers so they can adjust the level. That’s how we keep our game fresh and fun for the players!

4. What are you challenges as women in the gaming industry?

I find it difficult that there aren’t many female role models in the gaming industry. Most successful people in the industry are male, and it’s hard to relate to their journey. I want to become successful staying true to myself, and not try to imitate the typically masculine leadership behaviours. I am not aggressive, I prefer to stay in the background, but I am good at what I do and I believe that a different, more feminine and compassionate leadership is just as good. 

5. Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

The biggest advice I can give is to believe in yourself. Women are generally prone to overthinking and second guessing themselves, which might make them hesitant to take the leap and apply for a job at a gaming company. Just do it! Believe that you can do it and you’re halfway there. If you need help, reach out to a woman in the industry. Most women I’ve met in gaming are incredible and very supportive of trying to get women into the industry. 

6. Who Inspires you and why?

I’ve recently watched the Netflix documentary on Taylor Swift, and I am in awe of her strength, passion, and hard work. She is such an example for women who are trying to find their voice, and she inspires me to overcome any obstacles that get in my way.

🍭 Well thanks so much for answering our questions, @JessVDK! It's amazing to see your passion and inspiration. You truly are a source of inspiration yourself! 🌟

If you have any questions for her, please ask below 👇

Happy day everyone 🍒

More women's interview from King here!

Welcome to the King Community!
No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

🍭Candy Friends
 - Gold bars here 🌟
🤠Farm Heroes - Gold bars here 🥕

🧼
Follow the health advices and Stay safe 🍒
Prev1

Comments