🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

What is drumming?

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
edited March 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

Tiffi is surprised to see so many articles on woodpeckers and drumming. This looks like it might be a good article.

“Woodpeckers peck into trees in search of food or to create a nesting site. They also "drum," or peck in a rapid rhythmic succession to establish their territory and attract mates. Drumming usually occurs in the spring on metal or wood resonant surfaces. It may occur a number of times during a single day, and last for days or months. Most woodpeckers live year-round in the same area. They are very persistent and not easily driven from their established territory.” You can read more about it here

She decides to call her sister to share these exciting springtime things that she is seeing outside.

“Kimmy, you aren’t going to believe this,” says Tiffi. “I woke up very early today and before getting dressed I decided to open up the window to see what the temperature was like outside. Suddenly I heard a bird chirping and then I saw a woodpecker tapping on some wood. Spring is coming Kimmy! It’s really coming! I feel so trapped in the house lately with this Coronavirus and I wish that it would end soon.”

As usual, Tiffi just chatters on and on and on. Kimmy wonders if she ever gets tired or runs out of energy.

“Tiffi, that is wonderful news,” Kimmy says. “I am so tired of being stuck indoors with this virus going around. I sure hope that it ends soon.  Hey, I hear the birds chirping here too. I wish that we could see each other. I hope this virus doesn’t last throughout the spring.”

With that they say their goodbyes.

Let's continue with the next part of our story – Tiffi meets up with Yeti

Start at the beginning of the story – Springtime in Candy Town

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?