🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Wow - National Doughnut Day!

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
edited May 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

Tiffi is thrilled that they are going to create a story just for Dachs! He is going to be so surprised! As soon as she gets home she begins to contact all the characters to see who might be interested in attending a surprise party for Dachs. 

A few days later Elsa calls Tiffi to let her know that the story is done! Tiffi is so excited! She can now contact all the characters to give them the date. 

“Elsa are you aware that Friday, 5 June is National Donut Day?” questions Tiff. “Let’s make the party that day. I’ll send you all the information that I have about it.

‘National Doughnut Day, the first Friday in June launched on June 7, 1938. That’s the day when Morgan Pett, a young military doctor, stopped at a bakery for eight dozen doughnuts to bring to a military base. The holiday was started to honor the tradition of the Salvation Army serving doughnuts to soldiers since World War I. Female volunteers, named “donut lassies” served donuts to soldiers serving overseas in World War I. After the War they continued to serve donuts at places like the Doughnut Hut in New York City’s Union Square and at fundraisers.’ (Info here)

They make the final  plans for the surprise party and Tiffi can now contact everyone.

As usual in Candy Town, time goes by quickly and it’s now the day of the surprise party. Tiffi gathers up her belongings and heads out the door. Nutcracker is bringing Dachs so they should be there by 13:00 CET. Tiffi looks at her watch and feels confident that she will be there before Nutcracker and Dachs shows up. …………………………………………………..

Let’s continue to the next message - SURPRISE DACHS!

Start at the beginning - Hi Dachs (A/K/A the donut dog)

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?