🔥 Hot right Now 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

The leaves are changing colors

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,951 Sweet Legend
edited September 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

She is just going to read a little bit more and then she needs to do something productive.

Why do leaves change color? - In response to chilly temperatures and the changes in daylight, leaves stop producing green-tinted chlorophyll, which allows them to capture sunlight and make energy. Because chlorophyll is sensitive to the cold, certain weather conditions like early frosts will turn off production more quickly. Meanwhile, orange and yellow pigments called carotenoids — also found in orange carrots — shine through the leaves' washed out green. The red color in some leaves comes from anthocyanins, which unlike carotenoids, are only produced in the fall, according to the State University of New York College of Environment.’ (Info here)

That’s it! Time to close down the computer and head outdoors. Once she opens the door she notices a whole bunch of colored leaves that have fallen off the trees. She’ll surprise her father and do some leaf raking before he comes home.

Tiffi doesn’t realize how back breaking it is to rake the leaves. She looks at the pile of leaves and sits down next to it because she needs a break. Chewy is walking by and stops to say hello.

“Hey, what’s up Tiffi?” Chewy asks. 

Tiffi tells him that she saw all the leaves that had fallen off the tree so she decided to rake them into a pile. 

“I want to surprise my father when he comes home later,” Tiffi says. “But I am now exhausted. I didn’t think it would take this much work.” 

Chewy asks Tiffi if she ever jumped in a pile of leaves this high. He told her that he has and suggests that they both do it. She is really exhausted but maybe she does need a little bit of playtime after all this raking so she agrees. 

Let’s continue - Where are they?

Start at the beginning – Seasons come and seasons go – the story of the wolf

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?