🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Yeti and Kimmy make plans to help Elsa with her story

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
edited December 2020 in Candy Friends Stories

Yeti has been visiting Kimmy in Soda World for the past few days and the two of them were helping to rebuild the town. 

“Hey Kimmy, I just spoke to Elsa a little while ago,” Yeti says. “She’s going to be writing a story about culture and tradition all over the world. I volunteered you and I to help her gather some articles and since the town is now completed are you interested in helping? Sorry that I volunteered you without asking you first.” 

Kimmy doesn’t mind it at all! She loves helping Elsa with the stories. She tells Yeti to call Elsa and to let her know that we will meet up with her in the Candy Kingdom in a couple of days. She hasn’t seen her sister and father in a while so she would like to spend some time with them too. 

“Don’t you have to get back to the Candy Kingdom to help the players?” asks Kimmy. “Call Elsa back and tell her that we’ll be meeting up with her there and I will call Tiffi to let her know that I’m coming to town.” 

The two of them head home to pack with plans to leave the next day. 

While waiting to hear back from Yeti, Elsa starts her googling to find out what’s out there on culture and traditions.

She realizes that this is a topic that will need quite a few articles before she finds the perfect ones! She is not even sure yet what she needs to Google. She types ‘culture and traditions all over the world. But she doesn’t know where to start. She decides that it’s more important to define these words first and then move on from there. 

‘We live in a truly connected world. You can access any culture you like with a swipe of your finger. You can learn about traditions you may never experience firsthand. But without understanding their meanings, you may end up culturally appropriating and offending, even if your intentions are to honor them. 

Tradition vs. Culture: Why The Japanese Remove Their Shoes - Around 2,300 years ago, Japanese people began to wear shoes to aid in rice cultivation. They wore them to keep their feet dry during the long, humid, and wet days they spent outside. And so, before entering the house each evening, they would remove their shoes to avoid bringing any dirt inside. But cleanliness was only part of the reason. Another came down to manners, and how they considered their house a sacred place. 

It’s suggested the origin of this came from the raised floor storehouse used to house the rice paddies during the Meiji period. The amount of rice paddy you collected represented power, so bringing dirt into the storehouse after a long day was seen as an insult to the work you did. A tradition began that’s still practiced throughout modern-day Japan. Not just in people’s homes, but in certain restaurants, schools, temples, and even tea ceremonies. The tradition has become a part of Japanese culture.’ (Source

This is a good article! Elsa continues reading …………….

Let’s continue - Is there a difference between culture and tradition? 

Start at the beginning - Is there a difference between culture, tradition and customs?

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?