🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Tiffi does some googling

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
edited January 2021 in Candy Friends Stories

A short while later Tiffi arrives at her house. She has to check on Google if this guy’s story is real. She searches for his name and comes up with a couple of articles.

‘Set in pre-Revolutionary New York, Rip Van Winkle lives a life of ease – much to the chagrin of his wife, Dame Van Winkle. Rip's passions include wandering through the Catskill Mountains and old-growth forests, being idle and enjoying life. He doesn't work for long however, and though itinerant, he is well loved by all in town. The children especially love the fanciful stories he tells.

One day, Rip wanders off into the woods to escape his nagging wife. Hearing thunder, he unwittingly follows the ghosts of Henry Hudson's men deep into the wilderness. As the men play nine-pins, Rip imbibes a "magic potion" - quietly falling into a deep sleep. He wakens 20 years later, his beard grown long and his beloved dog, Wolf, nowhere to be found. Rip makes his way back into the village and discovers that the American Revolution has taken place. He is no longer recognizable, nor does he know any of the townspeople who greet him.

Rip's luck holds out and it isn't long before he finds his place among his grown children – though much of his family has passed on – and resumes his habitual idleness. His tale is repeated and solemnly taken to heart by hen-pecked husbands who wish they could have shared in Rip's good fortune and slept through the atrocities of war.’ (Source)

Wow! He must be telling the truth. She has to call Elsa about this.

“Hi Elsa, what’s going on with you?” asks Tiffi. “I have to tell you this strange story about an old man that I met in Bamboo Forest today. He told me that he’s lived for 1000 years. He told me that heard from someone in town asking him if he’d like to take a job as a history teacher. His name is Rip Van Winkle but he likes to be called Rip. I wasn’t sure if I believed his story or not but I looked up his name online and he’s for real. How about we meet tomorrow in Bamboo Forest and if he’s still there we can find out more about him?”

Sounds like a plan!

Let’s continue – Elsa looks him up on Google

Start at the beginning - Tiffi & Elsa learn a lot about world history

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?