🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Tiffi & Elsa learn a lot about world history

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
edited January 2021 in Candy Friends Stories

One day as Tiffi is walking through Bamboo Forest she hears someone talking out loud. She listens to what he is saying …..

The world was a much different place 1000 years ago. Life expectancy was shorter, Vikings kept stealing people’s things, and Wi-Fi signals were quite poor. Those who believe in reincarnation say we’ve all lived many lives throughout existence. 

Who is he?  And what could he be doing here? 

“Hi there,” says Tiffi. “I couldn’t help but overhear you talking out loud. Who are you and what are you doing here?” 

This wise old man stops talking out loud as he sees Tiffi walking towards him. 

“I hope that I didn’t scare you,” says the wise old man. “My name is Rip Van Winkle but I prefer to be called Rip. Supposedly I’ve lived for 1000 years, although I find that hard to believe. I received a phone call that the school in Candy Town is looking for a history teacher so I’ve been asked if I’d like to take the job. They heard that since I’ve been alive for 1000 years I must have a lot of history that I can share with everyone. I’m still trying to get used to the fact that I’ve lived 1000 years but I can’t remember when I was born so I can’t prove if one way or the other.” 

That’s some story. Rip continues to share his memories with Tiffi.

“What I remember of my past, I was a farmer and I was married,” Rip recalls. “My wife was a real shrew, and to escape her abuse I’d often take my dog and gun and we’d venture into the Catskill Mountains. One day while wandering through the mountains I came across a group of dwarfs playing. They asked me if I would like to have a drink of liquor with them and I accepted their offer. The next thing I knew I woke up and I was leaning against a tree. I had a long beard and had no recollection of what happened to me. I went to look for the dwarfs but they were nowhere to be seen. When I returned back home my wife was dead and our children were adults. I went to the tavern to meet up with my friends but they were no longer there. One had died eighteen years ago and another joined the army and was killed at Stony Point. A third friend went to the war, and is in Congress now. ”

Tiffi wonders if this old man is telling the truth. He appears to be genuine but something doesn’t sound right. She wishes him well and heads on home.

Let’s continue – Tiffi does some googling

Start at the beginning - Tiffi & Elsa learn a lot about world history

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?