🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Tiffi assists Rip

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
edited January 2021 in Candy Friends Stories

Rip hands the syllabus to Tiffi and tells her that she can hand it out to the students now.

Frank comes back into the room and Rip is happy that he came up quickly. Once the papers are all handed out he begins to talk about the course structure and what he expects from the students.

“We are going to be going through quite a bit of world history. I don’t expect you to memorize the dates but I would like you to understand these events. If you have any questions, I expect you to ask me. There will be a term paper and I will give you more information on that at another time. There will be quizzes so I expect you to read the material that is given to you. Your grade will be based on how much you participate in our discussions, a small percentage towards your quizzes and a bit larger of a percentage on your tests. Your term paper will carry the most weight. Does anyone have any questions? 

Just then the school bell signals telling the students that their class has ended. 

“Before you leave, Tiffi has some material that I would like you to read before the next class. I would like you to do some research on world history before the 1900s. When you read the handout you will get a better understanding what I’d like to see from you. Please feel free to Google some of the events that are listed in the handout. Be prepared to answer any questions that I ask because you will find all your answers in your Google search.”

Tiffi is speechless if you could believe that! She has never attended a history class before and whatever she knows has always come from Google searches. She never connected current events or past events and how they affect society. She has a lot to learn and she is happy that Rip will allow her to sit in on the class. She decides that she will have to do more googling when she gets home. She wants to show her new found friend that she is just as eager to learn as the students.

“So Tiffi, how did you enjoy the class?” asks Rip. “I hope that it wasn’t too much for you.”

Tiffi thanks Rip for allowing her to sit in his class and she is going to do a similar search as his students have been asked to do so she can learn more. She thanks him and promises to be back for his next class.

Let’s continue - Elsa continues her googling

Start at the beginning - Rip begins teaching world history

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?