🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Game extremely slow and laggy on new phone

Options
Uncle_Nino
Uncle_Nino Posts: 7 Level 2

I recently purchased a new phone, a 2020 Moto g stylus. For some reason, Candy Crush Friends Saga lags to the point of being unplayable on my new device. It's a real bummer because this is my favorite candy crush version. I have cleared the cache to no effect. Curiously though, when sound is turned off, the lagging goes away completely, which suggests that it is a sound-related issue.

Answers

• Anwarjl
    Anwarjl Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I think Your Phone Problem

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Uncle_Nino Hi and welcome,

I have not heard of an issue like this in the game and as your phone is new seems strange it would lag. all i can suggest is make sure the device and game are up to date. You may need to contact support to see if they can help with the issue as it seems to be an isolated issue

Other than this can only suggest playing with the sound off if the game then plays correctly and maybe a phone or game update may resolve the issue in the future

Thank you

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    Options

Firstly, update the phone. My new phone asked for around 70 updates when I first turned it on. The next step is to disable any apps that you know you won't use. Then make sure that you set all other apps (apart from the ones you DO use) to not run in the background and not use data in the background.

• Uncle_Nino
    Options

Sorry guys, I should have clarified. The phone is not brand new out of the box, I've been using it for a few weeks now. Both the phone and all apps are fully updated, and all other apps and functions perform normally, including all the other Candy Crush games. This issue is specific to Friends Saga. This game also ran lightning fast on my old phone, which was lower spec than the new one. It's definitely not an issue with my hardware capabilities. It has to be some sort of software problem. I hope for a patch from King to repair the game experience.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,748 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hello and welcome

I have had my tablet for about 1 year and this game takes a long time to get to play. I think you're right. If it's just that one game, I'll be happy to pass it on for review. Thanks a lot for this.

I would like to add that I basically play without sound. Even with me it takes. until I get into the game. Even if I empty the cache.

@Lola_Pop @DieOmimi @gr33n3y3z

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,449 Friends Moderator
    Options

Thanks for tagging me @Spinnifix

@Uncle_Nino it is indeed very strange that only the game Candy Crush Friends is affected and all other games work well. I've also never heard of the problem that the turned on sound could be a cause (I basically play without sound, maybe that's why I never noticed it).

Please let me write a report on whether it is a known issue and if we can help you with a solution.

Please try to play without sound for so long.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,028 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Uncle_Nino , and welcome to the Community!

We'll be glad to report it to the Friends team, but first I'd need some more information:

• Have you followed all these steps yet?
    • How much memory space do you have in your mobile phone right now?

Furthermore, as you mention the sound in the game, it would be great if you could post your question HERE as well- the Audio team is looking for feedback and for issues that they can work on, and this could be something for them to fix ☺️

Thanks a lot!

• Uncle_Nino
    edited July 2021
    Options

Thanks @Lola_Pop and @dieabby@DieOmimi @dieabby for your helpful responses. I will be sure to forward my issue to the audio team using the link provided. My phone is running Android 11, it has 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, only about 10% of which is used. Shouldn't have any trouble running this game. I hope that we can get this figured out soon. In the meantime, I can play Friends on a different device. I really like the sound effects, so I prefer to play with them on 😂

Thanks again everyone.

• Uncle_Nino
    Options

Thank you for the information everyone. I unfortunately have followed the troubleshooting guide to no avail. My phone has 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Should be more than enough to run the game. I will repost my issue to the audio team and see if they can get it figured out!

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    Options

The likely issue is that it's a new phone with only 4GB ram. 5 years ago that would've been enough. But Android OS now has more built in apps that can't eve be put to sleep, let alone disabled or uninstalled. Quite simply it is getting more and more resource hungry. My (now) old phone is a Galaxy 8 with 4GB ram and my new one is an Ultra 21 with 16 GB ram. The apps absolutely fly on the new phone and are sometimes a bit sluggish on the old one.

It's like buying a Hyundai i20 and expecting it to run like a Ferrari. It ain't gonna happen.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?