👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Travel - Share some pics and stories

Options

Comments

• QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Options

Oh that's nice @actipton80 - Sounds like a nice memory too 🤗

Thanks for sharing some of your ice cream @mysticalmysty 🍦What a lovely picture as well!! Enjoy it 😉

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,959 Candy Moderator
    Options

Here are a few pictures from my last two business trips. The first from Colorado Springs, CO and the second from my hotel room in Oahu, HI.

Nice pool but the pools and beaches were closed.

• actipton80
    actipton80 Posts: 426 Level 3
    Options

Yay, travel pictures are back so I go on virtual vacations by looking at them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2
    Options

Hi @bearwithme & @QueenMia! 😀 I had forgotten about this amazing Discussion. I remember seeing it before I took my little break and had to come back. 💯

This ⬆️ is Bávaro Beach, one of my favorite beaches in the world. It is located on the Eastern Coast of the Dominican Republic. This specific area of the beach (its northern end) is one of my husband's favorite places for taking picture. He took these two pictures during one of our many visits in 2016. The picture above is facing the southern end of the beach where the water is calm and where you can find all the massive holiday resorts. The picture below is facing the northern end of the beach where the ocean gets rough and where the beach is empty, just an abandoned holiday resort from the early 90s.

• QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Options

Very nice pictures, @bearwithme @frenioz00 - What a sunset and wow, so many waves! Thanks for sharing 🍒

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Cool @bearwithme & @QueenMia! 😎 I see you both have been in my country, Argentina. 🇦🇷 How did you like it? What places/cities did you visit there?

These are some pictures of my hometown, Córdoba. Guess now they qualify as Travel pictures because I took them on my last trip there (I now live in Atlanta, USA).

⬆️ Cathedral ---> One of the oldest cathedrals in South America & the oldest church providing continuous service (since 1709) in Argentina

〰️ Construction began 1582 but -after 95 years of building work & before it was completed- most of the structure collapsed in 1677 😱 An incomplete church was inaugurated in 1709. After 205 years of building work, the Cathedral was completed in 1787 ---> Thanks to 438 years of uniform urban planning, the Cathedral remains the city's geographical center.

⬆️ Paseo del Buen Pastor (Good Shepherd's Promenade)

〰️ This place used to be one of the very few & oldest women's jails in Argentina. The jail was closed in the late 70s but the building, the jail's chapel & the area around it -over 10,000 square feet- remained abandoned for almost 30 years in the middle of the city. 😱 ---> In 2005, the jail was demolished but its chapel was restored ---> In 2007, a shopping gallery was developed over the ruins, including two restaurants, two bars & storefronts reserved for wine, leather & handicrafts retailers. The promenade has since become one of the trendiest places in the city.

• bearwithme
    Options

Beautiful pictures @frenioz00 - thank you for sharing. Since I was on a cruise, we only visited Buenos Aires, but while we were in port they brought some local dancers onto the ship and that was a lot of fun!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi there @bearwithme! 🤗

As a constant traveler, I have some routines I follow when at certain airports. For example, when I am at the Buenos Aires city airport -which is very often as I love to unexpectedly & last minute visit my best friends who live there when I am in Argentina- I always make a stop at the Hard Rock Bar for a quick espresso ☕️ ... and a tequila shot or a Long Island iced tea 🙃 (drink changes according to my mood).

As a tease, I only let me friends now that I am visiting once I arrive in Buenos Aires through social media. 😊 It has become a tradition for us all & we meet for asado (traditional Argentinian barbecue) as soon as they see my post.

• bearwithme
    Options

That’s awesome @frenioz00 ! How fun! I’m so glad you can do that - especially now. 😊🐨💕

• bearwithme
    Options

@QueenMia - I saw this place in France (Belcastel) highlighted on the internet and thought it looked like a charming place to visit. Have you ever been there?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?