🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Rare diseases awareness month

Comments

• QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager

I am so sorry to hear @Nat09 - Sending you plenty of happy thoughts and strength from here 💜 Hope it gets better soon.

You take good care of yourself and you too, @gr33n3y3z and you all! Lot of love 💕🍒🤗

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5

I feel your pain! @Nat09 and anyone else out there suffering. This has got to be the worst time to need treatment and not have it available because of the Covid19. I am sending you healing prayers and love

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Thank you so much @Sofia1992 @gr33n3y3z @QueenMia and @lulu13, it is a hard time for people who need pain management treatment other than med’s. I have an appointment for Tuesday and this time they won’t cancel it. Today, even my face and head have started burning mildly so I’m trying to keep busy and not think about it, if I try to focus on something else it keeps my mind from thinking about it.

@Elsa I have to be at the point where I can’t tolerate it anymore and willing to go to the emergency room. If I go to the hospital they only treat you with narcotics and I don’t want to do that.

@gr33n3y3z I’m not sure if they do house calls but even if they did they wouldn’t be able to come to my house. I live in Québec and he’s in Ontario, Police are at every bridge and they’re not letting nobody from Ontario in. When I go for my appointment I’m only aloud to go for my doctors appointment and need proof when I come back and they will check my car to see if I went shopping, if I do , then I will be quarantined for 2 weeks and won’t even be aloud to go for a walk and will also be subjected to a fine of 1000$. If you work in Ontario ( like my husband, he’s a truck driver) he needs proof of work to be able to cross the bridge.

I appreciate all the love and support you guys are sending

• QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    edited May 2020

Hi everyone 👋 I hope you're all well!

We have shared your stories with the Studios and everyone was touched. It is our priority to give the best game experience to every single one of you but we might not always be on point.

As the Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) takes place on the 21st of May, our fantastic Game Studios would like to focus on how we could deliver the best game experience for every one of you.

And you, Community member, can help us to help you! Please take a moment to let us know your thoughts HERE 🙏

Thanks everyone 🤗

Stay safe and happy 🍒

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

This is amazing 🙏🏻 Thank you for this, Game Studios and dear @QueenMia ❤️

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

@QueenMia , you are always full of surprises.

Thank you and I have some ideas that I want to share too about the improvement of the game but first , I need to find some free time this week.

Also, I want to ask @Nat09 how she feels now.

Hey @Nat09 , I hope you are feeling better now after your health adventure.

• Nat09

Thanks @QueenMia, I did share my thoughts, it’s so wonderful to be able to do so.🥰

@Sofia1992, I’m doing much better since my appointment. Acupuncture really helps to keep the pain bearable and my doctor put me on his emergency list to make sure this wouldn’t happen again, thanks for asking. 😊🐰

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2
    edited November 2020
  • Nat09
    edited February 2021

Hi everyone, it’s been a year already since I started this thread 😅 It’s February and this means Rare Diseases Awareness Month again. What a year it has been, with the coronavirus, it has changed everything. That also means longer waiting time for some of you who are still waiting for a diagnosis. It’s more difficult to see your doctors and all miner issues( treatments, tests, surgeries...) have been put on hold. This can mean more pain, more anxiety, more worries for a lot of people, I get it, but we have to stay positive, even in your tough days, it WILL get better 😊 you WILL get through it. 🥰

This year was overall a good year for me, even if I had some hiccups 😅 This virus has certainly been challenging, the thought that someone I love or if I would get this horrible virus ( especially in the beginning when we didn’t quite understand much of it) is scary 😬 So, I stay at home more, thank goodness for Netflix 🤣🤣

The weather has been a big factor this year on my body, I have had so many flare ups and the flare ups have lasted much longer than usual. I battle those days with heat compress and comedy, I find laughing takes your mind away from the pain 😂 anti-inflammatories helps too 😉 and spending time in the community, that’s my go to place 🥰 there’s always someone who will cheer me up 😊

This year, my veins have also stretched and some are very big, thanks Ehlers Danlos for making me stretchy. I also prolapse an organ, won’t say which one ( 😳 don’t worry, sounds worse than it is) it found a new place to stay, that’s all, 🤞🏻 Hope it’s happy where it is 🙃 I moved this year from a house to a condo, here, I’m on the first floor, no more stairs 😜 I could barely go upstairs anymore and it was so painful, both my knees are swollen and have arthritis 😖

But throughout the year, I keep positive, even if some days are tough. It’s important to enjoy what you can and not dwell on what you can’t ( not always easy) or your days will feel endless 😊 Do what you can and take it one day at a time 🥰

Take care of yourselves and never give up, tomorrow is another day for the hope of a cure 😊🐰🦓

• Nat09

@Diamond Lim could you please help tag some members 🥰🐰🦓

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?