🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

pink missing textures

AnpuRa
AnpuRa Posts: 25 Level 2

Over the last few days, textures will randomly turn into pink spaces on Candy Crush Saga Friends. It doesn't happen all the time but it occurs more and more often.

This glitch only happens on this game and no where else.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't fix the issue.

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

@AnpuRa Hi and welcome, This is a graphics glitch that i normally find happens if you leave the game open for a while and go doing something and then come back and you find you start playing again and this glitch appears. Normally logging out and restarting you device will rectify this issue

Thank you

• AnpuRa

@Freddy_

It will do this when I just log on.

It is very rare that I leave the game running in the background.

I have logged out and back in when this happens but it doesn't fix it most of the time.

• DaniTheOG
    DaniTheOG Posts: 2,324 Level 5

廾ⅰ @AnpuRa, welcome to the Community!

I've had the same issue a few times when playing on my tablet. It’s worthwhile doing some troubleshooting steps on your device to maximize the chances of the game running smoothly for you, it has helped in my case.

⚙️ Please, try all the options below to see if they resolve the issue. ⬇️

• Force close all apps & restart your device making sure to leave it switched off for at least 10 seconds before turning it back on again.

• Update both your device your game app.

• Clear the cache in your device & game app.

• Make sure that you have sufficient free memory on your device. We normally recommend having at least 2GB free. If you have less than this be sure to free up some memory to enable the game to run as smoothly as possible.

• As a last resort, try deleting & reinstalling the game as this usually fixes most issues. Simply make sure that your game is safely backed up to your King or Facebook account before proceeding with this step.
      • Note that Boosters or extra Lives stored in the game may be lost during this process, so it's worth trying to use them up before reinstalling.‼️

🍭 Hope that helps & don't hesitate to come back here should the issue persist.

@gr33n3y3z

• AnpuRa

@DaniTheOG

Thanks for the steps.

1. I have closed the apps every night and turned off my computer times. So the device has been turned off many hours at a time.
    2. My device is up to date, as far as I can tell. Though I'm not sure how to update the game app itself. How do I do that?
    3. my cache is cleared regularly
    4. I have lots of free memory. This laptop is only around a couple months old and has a lot of space left on it.
    5. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before posting here.
  • gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    edited June 2021

Hello @AnpuRa welcome to the community 🍭

To update your device follow the instructions in this link👇 this is for Apple

This link is for Android device👇

Keep us posted if you had any success or not.

• AnpuRa

@gr33n3y3z

Thanks gr33n3y3z, though the steps are for updating an Apple smartphone. I have a Microsoft 10 laptop.

• gr33n3y3z

Hello @AnpuRa

This should work follow these steps in order and let me know how you make out..

How to Update Windows 10 Apps Manually

1. Open the Store app.

2.Click the ellipsis in the upper-right corner.

3. From the drop-down menu, click Downloads and updates.

4. Click Get updates. ...

5. The Store app scans for updates for all installed apps.

• AnpuRa

@gr33n3y3z

Okay, that is new. Haven't tried that before.

I updated what it said needing updating. I didn't see the game on the list but some kind of video app updated. Maybe that fixed it?

I'll play the game off and on over the next couple days and will update if things have been fixed or if the problem continues.

Thanks again. ^,..,^

• AnpuRa

@gr33n3y3z

Okay, I updated things and even restarted my computer but it is still doing this.

I'm not sure what's wrong. I'd think that there was something wrong with my computer but this app is the only thing that has this issue.

If it was a graphics card thing or something of the sort, the issue would be elsewhere as well. :/

• gr33n3y3z

Thanks for getting back to me @AnpuRa . I've passed this information on to the CM and hopefully you'll have more answers for you soon. In the meantime can I get your player ID?

If you don't know how to find your ID here's a link👇

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/324648/what-is-my-user-id-and-where-can-i-find-it-check-this-video-out

I'll keep in touch.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?