🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Systematic quirks in the “recommended move” algorithm?

Comments

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,546 Level 5

@Uncle_Bob I'm new to CCFS but play CCS for 8 years most of them on the top levels. I don't know you and can I ask how long time you play the CCFS and in which level you are?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2021

@Uncle_Bob that's it. Yeti is broken.

he totally ignored that blue candy near the yellow striped candy and placed that wrapped candy near nothing instead.

But why 🤯🤯

@Lola_Pop @DieOmimi @gr33n3y3z is this frustrating behavior a part of Yeti's job description I've never really noticed before or a glitch? Just so we know what we're dealing with 🤔

• gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5

Hi @Pitty_Kitty ,

That's strange indeed!

Was this a one-time thing with Yeti? Or does this happen to you all the time when you're playing with Yeti? I'd just like to gather more information to see if this is a glitch on your end. I'm not having those issues, though I do recall one time a similar situation happened to me too when I was playing with Yeti but it hasn't happened since.

• Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob Posts: 162 Level 3

@Tzvi_Marcu I and my partner have played CCFS for about 3 years (she also plays CCS but I do not). In CCFS, I am waiting at Level 4425 for Dachs Delivery Service to begin again, but she has progressed almost to the end-of-the-road for IOS devices, which is now Level 4460. For Dachs Delivery Service , she leads team “Monika” and I lead team “Uncle Bob”.

In turn I would ask you what advice you would give to the other new CCFS players about how to play the game more effectively? Some of the members of my DDS team seem to be struggling to advance levels sometimes, and I’d like to put together a package of “hints” or “strategies” on how to play more effectively.to help them (and help my team!).

Different blockers get introduced as the levels progress in CCFS, but I cannot remember what the early levels looked like , or at what levels the new complexities like “eggs” were introduced. I think it would be a great service to have a repository of explanations, hints, and changed strategies that would be graded for the level of CCFS where you would need to know them. So I would like a set of “basic playing information/hints/strategies” for brand-new CCFS players, and then some collection of “advanced playing information/hints/strategies” that would be organized by the CCFS Level on which you encounter each new thing. Thanks if you can help!

example for the extra-move “eggs”:

”When you see eggs in the playing grid, you must shift your strategy to prioritize hitting the egg 3-4 times , and when it finally cracks open you get +5 moves to continue playing.”

• Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob Posts: 162 Level 3

@Pitty_Kitty @gr33n3y3z My partner and I have both recall the same Yeti “throw the cyan wrapped candy “ into unusable places rather than next to a fish, striped, or other wrapped candy situation, but I do not have the screenshot to prove it. We concluded that there is a “difficulty parameter” where Yeti throws the wrapped candy to someplace useful if the parameter is set to “easy”, but throws the wrapped candy to someplace useless if that parameter is set to “difficult”. That may be incorrect and this odd Yeti behavior may just be random,, but only the level programmers would know for sure.

@gr33n3y3z , do you want me to collect more Screenshot examples like Pitty_Kitty did?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator

It happens quite often now. Like, sometime ago it would be a rare thing to happen, but now I just keep noticing it more and more. I know it wasn't like this when I started the game a year ago. I'll start to take more screenshots . 🤔

I took it now because this mistake was very blatant. Not only that yellow candy was the only option available, the hearts were right there ready to be hit by a wrapped/striped combo. If there had been a space with no targets beside the would-be combo (as it happened in the past) I could have rationalized it like that but not this time

• gr33n3y3z
    edited July 2021

Thanks for the info @Pitty_Kitty!

That should not be happening with Yeti, I was thinking maybe it was random, but now that you're saying that it happens often that's not the way yeti's Powers work.. and this should not be happening in your game or anybody else's game. I know you're aware of his powers he always throws his wrapped cyan candies towards a special candy, or in a useful spot on the game board if there's no special candies to be placed near.

Any additional screenshots would be very appreciated @Pitty_Kitty & @Unclebob so I can share them @Lola_Pop ,and I'll go ahead and report this now and figure out what's going on!

• DGenevieve
    DGenevieve Posts: 1,749 Level 5

@gr33n3y3z

Similar things like this happened very often to me too. Just yesterday I had a coloring candy waiting, but Yeti instead threw his wrapped candy aimlessly to a totally random area.🙄

• gr33n3y3z

Thanks @DGenevieve for letting me know, just got done reporting this so hopefully we'll get some more information and a fix for this soon.

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3

@gr33n3y3z

I see that you have already figured out that this is not just @Pitty_Kitty's problem.

This has been confirmed by other players, in particular @DGenevieve.

And I confirm this too. Yeti does not behave like before, it acts inappropriately in my opinion.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?