🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Basic strategy for playing Dachs Delivery Service

2»

Comments

• Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob Posts: 162 Level 3

I would be remiss if I did not mention that both I and my partner have encountered some hilarious “topsy-turvy” situations during DDS, where we have to completely reverse our normal “play-to-win” strategy and strongly try to “play-to-lose”! In particular, when we find a good level for the Team Tasks of “Combine Color Bomb + Fish/Striped/Wrapped Candy 20 times”, we want to do that as many times as possible for each attempt, but then intentionally LOSE the game so that we stay on that level as our “new level” where things always count for DDS. Combining a Color Bomb with a fish is somewhat destructive, with a striped candy is moderately destructive, and with a wrapped candy is extremely destructive! So especially for the latter Tram Tasks, destroying almost everything and then trying to carefully tiptoe around the playing grid and not set off anything else that might accidentally win the game, is so different from normal play that I find it hilarious.

This example shows CCFS Level 4453, which is a 3-screen, 4-color Level where the first screen is very open and thus useful for creating Color Bombs or Coloring Candies, and then combining those with Fish, Striped, or Wrapped candies:

The first screen clears out very quickly so that you can make a Color Bomb such as when combing the orange candies in the screenshot above. I also made an Orange Coloring Candy (screenshot below) and combined it with the Blue Wrapped candy. That results of course in a LOT of destruction, but the destruction is limited to the first screen, so you can then easily “play to lose” on the second and third screens, which are typically more difficult anyway, and preserve the use of this level to make more CBs, CCs, or CB+Fish/Stripe/Wrapped Candy combinations.

Cheers!

• Uncle_Bob

Team “Uncle Bob” had a very successful session of Dachs Delivery Service (June 16-25, 2021) in my view, completing 10 Deliveries:

Why were we more successful during this session? I think we had new team members including @Grumpy_Old_Man and a new member I will simply call “Player P”, who balanced out our team to be more optimal for the complete range of Team Tasks that DDS requires. DDS has 2 very different types of Team Tasks in terms of exactly how you are trying to play each level:

(1) Team Tasks where you must WIN the New Level and progress to the next level

The Team Tasks where you must SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE the new level for it to count are the following:

1. Earn 150 new stars.
    2. Win  8 “Hard Levels” .
    3. Win 3 “Super Hard Levels”.
    4. Win 6 new “Fill The Hearts” levels.
    5. Win 6 new “Dunk Cookies” levels.
    6. Win 6 new “Free The Animals” levels.
    7. Win 6 new “Free The Octopuses” levels.
    8. Win 20 “Classic Levels”.
    9. Win 6 “Spread The Jam” levels.

Grump and Player P were very motivated to win new levels and progress to the next levels, so by pursuing their own goal of level advancement and appropriately choosing the matching Team Task for each new level, they made a huge contribution to team Uncle Bob completing these kinds of tasks.

(2) Team Tasks where you have to MAKE THINGS or CREATE EVENTS on the New Level, BUT you only need to attempt the new level, you don’t have to win the new level and advance:

1. “Use 500 moves on a new level”
    2. “Create 200 (striped , fish , or wrapped) candies”
    3. “Use  (Yeti, Tifi, Odus, Misty or Nutcracker) power (30 or 40) times”
    4. “Combine a fish with a striped candies 30times”
    5. “Combine a fish with a wrapped candy 30 times”
    6. “Combine a striped and a wrapped candy 30 times”
    7. “Combine a fish with a fish 30 times”
    8. “Combine a striped candy with a striped candy 30 times”
    9. “Combine a wrapped candy with a wrapped candy 30 times”
    10. “Create 20 color bombs on new levels”
    11. “Combine color bomb with a (fish , striped or wrapped) candy 20 times.”

Some team members may NOT necessarily want to progress in CCFS, either because we are near the “end of the road” and running out of levels (like I am), or possibly just because they prefer a more relaxed savoring of the nuances of each level and want to take their time rather than just getting past it. So for players like us, finding a level that is ideal for completing Team Tasks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, or 11 and then STAYING on that level until you complete that Team Task is a very compatible strategy. For example, for Delivery #9 and Delivery #10, our team had Team Task #11 of “Combine Color Bomb and Wrapped Candy 20 times”, and I spent most of both days generating Color Bombs on Level 4464, which only has 4 colors of candies and an open central playing field, and then getting Yeti to throw wrapped candies over to the Color Bomb, or failing that, to work the grid so that the CB and Wrapped Candy were finally next to each other. Since I could create that event only 0-3 times per attempt at Level 4464, creating 20 such events took me much of each day, but I was quite happy to spend time making those events happen to help the team get past a difficult Team Task. For me, making that Level produce those events was sufficiently challenging that I was having fun and not worried about my not progressing at all.

In conclusion, I think a really effective DDS team needs some “make as much progress as possible through the CCFS levels” members like Grumpy and Player P, and some “use each new CCFS level to make as many useful things for the Team Tasks as possible before moving to the next level” members like myself and another member at the end-of-the-road, “Player V”. I hope you can all find a DDS team that has the right mix of players to earn a lot of team rewards! Cheers!

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4

I can guarantee that we would've completed at least another two rounds if I hadn't lost the event for most of the duration. At least I'm fairly sure what caused the preventable problem.

• Uncle_Bob

@Grumpy_Old_Man You may well be right, but your help already allowed us to fully complete 10 deliveries, and that was a first! So you can be proud of that!

I spent the first part of the last day creating the necessary 20 “Color Bomb + Wrapped Candy” combinations, and the rest of the day passing levels to finish the final “150 stars” Team Task. So I just had no time/lives left to start in finishing the new set of Team Tasks for Delivery #11, sigh.

I hope you will get all the Special Events without problems from now on! Cheers!

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4

I was getting the events, the problem was that they played hide and seek.

• UncleBob2
    UncleBob2 Posts: 126 Level 2

The Dachs Delivery Service tasks required for each DDS team changed some time in 2022. So as of May, 2023, the new breakdown of the Team Tasks are:

(1) Team Tasks where you must WIN the New Level and progress to the next level

The Team Tasks where you must SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE the new level for it to count are the following:

1. Earn 100 new stars.
    2. Win 20 “Classic Levels”.

Usually, you will earn new stars (1 above) by winning a new classic level, either a normal “Classic” (blue) level, a “Hard” (orange) level, or “Super Hard” (purple) level. However, you can also win “new stars” by re-playing the old levels of CCSF where you originally got only 1 or 2 stars, and upgrading that star rating to 2 or 3 stars—you team will get credit for the increase in your number of stars. You can use the new “portal” option to return to some of your old 1 or 2-star levels to do this, which I call “star-chasing”.

However, winning 20 new Classic (blue) levels (2 above) ONLY gives you credit for winning one more Classic (blue) level, but NOT for winning a “Hard” or “Super Hard” level. So if you have selected “Win 20 Classic Levels” as your team goal and are now set to play either a Hard or Super Hard CCSF level, consider returning to the Team Tasks page and selecting some other Team Task for your upcoming attempt at the Hard or Super Hard level. That will give your DDS team more benefits from your efforts!

(2) Team Tasks where you have to MAKE THINGS or CREATE EVENTS on the New Level, BUT you only need to attempt the new level, you don’t have to win the new level and advance:

1. “Use 700 moves on a new level”
    2. “Create 300 striped or fish candies, or 200 wrapped candies”
    3. “Use  the power of Yeti, Odus, Tifi, or Nutcracker multiple times” (which ranges from 120 for Yeti to 80 for Odus, 60 for Tifi, and 40 for Nutcracker).
    4. “Combine a fish with a striped candies 40 times”
    5. “Combine a fish with a wrapped candy 40 times”
    6. “Combine a striped and a wrapped candy 40 times”
    7. “Combine a fish with a fish 40 times”
    8. “Combine a striped candy with a striped candy 40 times”
    9. “Create 30 color bombs on new levels”

It is quite difficult to focus on creating specific things(2,9) or specific events(4,5,6,7, and 8) whilst playing to win a CCSF level. So if you find a level where you can do one of these required Team Tasks really well, consider if you want to tryto keep playing that level repeatedly to finish the Team Task. If you decide to do that, you must make sure to lose on your initial attempt so that you can replay that level as your “Current Level”.

Hope this helps and please let me know if this helps you play DDS better, or if you would like other advice like this. Cheers!

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3
    edited May 2023

@UncleBob2

I'm glad you're back in the Community. I hope you're all right.

• UncleBob2

@ElenaVorona Thanks for the welcome and nice to be back! I am fine and have kept up pretty well in leading DDS team “Uncle Bob”, but kind of hunkered down during the pandemic and avoided social media. But I finally decided that I needed to reconnect with the CCFS folks as you all were quite nice and this game has nothing to do with things I am trying to avoid (disease, warfare, political/economic problems, etc. etc.), so I am back.

I do find it satisfying to watch my DDS team members gradually increase their levels in CCFS, but I also wish there was some way I could give specific advice or playing tips to team members who are struggling with a certain level. But if there seems to be a call for such things on this forum, I will construct advice/hints and post it here in the hopes that other players will find the tips useful. The new “portal” thing makes it SO much easier for me to get back to a level where someone is having a problem, play that level a few times, and then figure out if I could give that person some helpful advice. (I used to be a teacher and somehow that became a habit!)

• UncleBob2
    edited June 2023

If your DDS team has the “Earn 100 New Stars” team task, you can earn new stars by winning the level you are at and progressing to the next level, OR you can use the new portal to return to earlier CCFS levels and replay a 1-stat level to try to increase your rating to either a 2- or 3-star rating. I have replayed all my old 1-star levels below level 5000 for my “Uncle Bob” team and here is what I found so far:

Levels 1-1000: Replaying 28 1-star levels, I earned an additional 40 new stars

Levels 1001-2000: Replaying 70 1-star levels, I earned an additional 45 new stars

Levels 2001-3000: Replaying 33 1-star levels, I earned an additional 8 new stars

Levels 3001-4000: Replaying 28 1-star levels, I earned an additional 6 new stars

Clearly, earning new stars by “star chasing” is more easier and more efficient at the 1000 and 2000 levels than at the 3000 and 4000 levels. So if you are stuck at a CCFS level or simply do not wish to progress at the moment, you can still help your DDS team earn new stars by returning to your earlier levels and increasing your result from a 1-star win to a 2- or 3-star win!

( I will try to attach a picture of which levels I tried just in case anyone is curious about these levels and my results.)

Cheers!

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,922 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    edited June 2023

Tagging Candy Crush Friends Moderators : @DieOmimi @MountainMom - The player posted on Community Hub Discussion Area.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?