🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Crashing and freezing: troubleshooting steps and updates here!

Lola_Pop
Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
🍭 Wanna participate? Register here!

Hello Friends,

Some of you have lately experienced some crashing and freezing at different points, which is also affecting other aspects of gameplay.

We know how frustrating this can be for you, and we're really sorry about it. The good news is the Studio team is on it, and are now investigating in order to find a solution as quickly as possible. Rest assured they are doing everything they can to fix the bug. 🤗

In the meantime, please take a look at our troubleshooting info for crashing and freezing, and try all the steps outlined. You can find the details here. These actions can often help to solve the problem and maximize the possibility of the game running smoothly for you.

Stay tuned- we'll post any update we get on this here below. 👇️

Thanks a lot for your patience! ❤️

Comments

• whatifiwasntlauren
    whatifiwasntlauren Posts: 26 Level 2

I've not been able to play pretty much all day. I can make it to the map screen and sometimes click on a level but not play because my game just keeps crashing. I've logged out deleted cache, restarted phone many times. I've even uninstalled, and reinstalled. Even deleted game data. And still I can't get to play because it keeps crashing. I have a LG phone, and have had this happen one or two times, but was always remedied by just restarting the app or my phone. I've never had it just not let me play. What can I do? I'm not just a daily player, but a multiple times a day, every day player. Someone please tell me what can I do.

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,347 Friends Moderator
    edited August 2021

@whatifiwasntlauren Welcome to Candy Crush Friends Saga.

I'm sorry your game isn't working properly. You've already taken some steps of standard troubleshooting and it doesn't seem to have helped.

One cause may also be that there is not enough free space on your device. You need at least 2 GB of free space. Can you please check this on your device?

Thank you very much.

• whatifiwasntlauren

I definitely have plenty of space, 12GB or so, and a memory card. I've even tried moving the game from the memory card storage to the phone's internal storage, and tried the game. Still the same thing. Moved it back to memory card. Uninstalled, deleted cache data, logged in and out. All those things several times today. After deleting data, or uninstalling and reinstalling. I can get one try at a level. Then it just keeps crahing over and over no matter what i do.

• DieOmimi

@whatifiwasntlauren Thank you for getting in touch. Please give me some time so I can do some research or ask my colleagues. I know the problem you described so far only from Win10, not from the mobile device.

• whatifiwasntlauren

Ok i appreciate it

• DieOmimi

@whatifiwasntlauren It just occurred to me that a player has the same problem on Android 11. But only when the sound / music is switched on. Which version do you use?

The problem is reported to the studio. It has not yet been resolved. Tests are still being carried out in this regard.

• whatifiwasntlauren

My android version is 8.1.0, i also already have the sound and music off. Also the options with reduce screen shaking, end of episode animation, etc... All are off and have been. I hadn't changed anything , and it's just been today that I've not been able to keep the game open long enough to play

• DieOmimi

I also have Android 8.1.0 and the app version is 1.61.6. I have no problems with the game itself. I just don't have some events that I've always had like Dachs' delivery service.

With a player, I know that he also has problems with the game. But it plays on iOS. Maybe it's because of the app version? 

What version of the game do you have? @whatifiwasntlauren @DaniTheOG

We may need to ask the studio for an update if it is due to the current app version.

• whatifiwasntlauren

App version 1.62.4

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

@whatifiwasntlauren Hi and welcome

It may also be worth you contacting customer support with your issue so they are aware of the issue or maybe able to advise you more

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?