Why do we have to pay for the Piggy Bank

Comments

• elladunne
    elladunne Posts: 2 Newbie
    I send lives but never received any
  • Scouser
    Scouser Posts: 3 Newbie
    Re:  Paying for gold bars/ breaking the Piggy Bank

I've been reading the posts about this issue. Although, obviously, I'd much prefer to receive them free, I actually understand charging for something you don't need to be able to play the game and progress. These games are free to download, play, receive regular updates with improvements and new content - and it's obvious that a lot of work and effort is involved in letting us have this. We have to put up with the odd advert with free versions of games, but surely it's not unrealistic to expect the developer to make some money by offering perks, which we can choose to buy or not.  It's not like it's huge sums and why shouldn't they make some money? I can't often buy the piggy bank or gold bars myself, but have done occasionally when I'm really stuck, but no-one forces you.  

Maybe King could offer more free gold bars by passing hard levels, certain milestones or daily events, something like that.  Other games do that and it does help those who don't have money to buy them.  It also makes regular players happy to reach a goal and receive them free as a perk - well it always makes me happy to win some on other games. Just a thought!!  
  • elladunne
    elladunne Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks for sharing
  • TMcCauley
    TMcCauley Posts: 28 Level 2
    elladunne said:
    I send lives but never received any
    Check the life counter it's usually hidden in there. If someone asks for a life an envelope appears at the bottom left of the game.
  • TMcCauley
    TMcCauley Posts: 28 Level 2
    Tapeworm said:
    TMcCauley said:
    Tapeworm said:

Excuse me, but nowhere in your link that describes the piggy bank does it say "breaking it" costs real money. Very misleading.

"Hard work pays off!" Apparently, the player's hard work only pays off for King! >:)

Hi @Tapeworm,

I had suggested the idea of doing an alternative way of getting the piggy bank broken in the way of an advertisement which should be shown. 
    Hope that helps.

I would be satisfied with that solution as many other games do something similar. Unfortunately, it only helps if King implements your suggestion.
    King are looking into it ;)
  • JustPlaying
    JustPlaying Posts: 4,196 Level 5
    Hi @Gram007 Piggy Bank explanation is here you can add your feedback to that post
  • smartyarty53
    smartyarty53 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Yes I agree WHY  DO WE HAVE TO BUY A PIGGY BANK??? we have the gold bars we should be able to use them at our discretion. Just after more money.? I THINK SO   (I don't trust these piggy banks they are hungry for money LOL)
  • smartyarty53
    The issue I hate the most is that when you lose all your lives it takes ages to get them back especially if no one helps by sending you a life I send others lives but get nothing in return -

• smartyarty53
    I agree with the piggy bank why do you need to put them in a piggy bank. Makes no sense. The gold bars are yours so you should be able to use them when you want - Just Another Money Raising Hungry PIGGY!
  • JustPlaying
    JustPlaying Posts: 4,196 Level 5
    @smartarty53 there are open threads for the issues you have mentioned.

a good explanation of the piggy bank can be found here

If you are having issues receiving lives check this post

These are the posts that the person addressing them is looking at..  Keeping everything together makes it easier

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?