🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Confined levels impossible to play under certain conditions

AkumaXX
AkumaXX Posts: 463 Level 3

First: A confined level is a level where candies cannot spawn unless the first move breaks blockers.

The problem arises due to some "new" features not really tested, mostly in those confined levels. *It would be better to change the layout, otherwise the player loses lives without reason, which greatly damages the motivation.*

Examples:

Take level 3665 for example. If the character is Jelly Queen with starting ability, she will always hit the red circle tile and get prevented by swirls. The level will fail because candies will get into the hole where the swirls were, making any match impossible.

In level 3711, if the two fishes spawn in the red square, the level will fail after one move, since the fishes will only target gummies, but not the links.

Answers

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,344 Friends Moderator

@AkumaXX thank you for your request.

The same thing happened to me. I had the time boosters from the Dachs and failed 3 times at level 3665. I had to wait until the time booster ended. 

Without a time booster you can exchange the orange fish with the yellow candy in the upper right corner and the blockers on the right side will be removed and more sweets can move in. If you combine the fish with the wrapped candy at the bottom left, you will fail (unfortunately I had to make this experience too).

At level 3711, it should work if you push the cyan candy down. It should dissolve the purple licorice blockers (even the upper ones) and candies slide from above.

If you combine the two fish, you fail. Unfortunately, the fish are not trained to get rid of the purple licorice blockers. As you mentioned before, they go on the octopus (for you it's gummy bears). Then you fail and lose a life.

We have already had requests for these levels and the studio believes that the player should find a suitable strategy. The design is not changed (even if I would change it personally). 

• AkumaXX
    AkumaXX Posts: 463 Level 3

The fact is, we can make minor changes to avoid those situations.

Still my examples. In Level 3665 there are two solutions: Change into a red jam level, or replace swirls with candies.

And in 3711 and other similar levels, the problem is caused by "two special candies added to random locations". Thus we can change the character bonus into something different, like a single striped candy. The proper answer shall be determined by the devs, but in any case, "two fishes in confined levels" shall be avoided at all cost.

There is another situation where Odus puts two striped candies and destroys the first match. The answer is also simple: Change those candies of first match into purple ones. This will force Odus to targer purple candies and won't ruin the match. In case of Misty however, her ability seems to go muted in such case so that nothing happens

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?