🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

(ENDED) 🦇 Celebrate World Dracula Day and win a badge 🦇

Comments

• Beth_Mc_Hugh
    Beth_Mc_Hugh Posts: 156 Level 3

When the philobotomis or nurse draws my blood, I make the sound, BLAH BLAH, 🧛‍♂️

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,837 Level 5

Dracula Steiff Teddy Bear. Just a picture from the internet not my teddy. Woah! Wish it was I did not even know there was such a bear!

ʕ♡ᴥ♡ʔฅ

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,105 Jelly Moderator
  • Laurenmlh
    Laurenmlh Posts: 1,184 Level 5

I enjoy Dracula based books or movies, it's fun! But I'm terrified of bats. 🦇 Had several dive bomb me a kid(trying to get the bugs) but it traumatized me.

Did you know the oldest known vampire 🧛‍♂️ legend comes from Babylonian and Sumerian mythology? It's been around a long time! (Babylon was founded in 2300 bc.....)

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,105 Jelly Moderator

1.) The oldest known vampire legends come from Babylonian and Sumerian mythology. 2) Female demons called the Lilu were said to hunt women and children at night and their blood. 3) Vlad III Tepes was also known as Vlad Dracul for his incredible cruelty, allegedly killing over 30,000 people at one one time.

One of my favorite movies of all time about vampires is

Happy vampire day everyone be careful not to get bit on the neck blah hahaha 🦇

• DarDarW
    DarDarW Posts: 1,272 Level 4
    edited May 2022

Thanks @Diamond_Lim for the tag xo and @MountainMom thanks for the great topic and I LOVE Tiffy dressed as Dracula and the badge is the bomb 🥰🧛‍♀️ ♥️♥️♥️

I have wanted to put a bat house in my backyard for a long time and still hope to one day. Bat are great backyard friends for so many reasons but especially for all the mosquitos they eat. Did you know One little brown bat in the wild can reportedly consume hundreds of different mosquito species per night. Other evidence also exists that bats can eat mosquitoes in the hundreds within a short interval, but little has been done to substantiate the huge 1000 hourly mosquito feasting claims.

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Here’s a movie that will terrify you

Ok, maybe not 😂 it looks too cute 😍 so does this little guy 👇🏻

• Tess92
    Tess92 Posts: 3,715 Level 5

It is believed that the Vampire doesn't have a soul since he is a demon and for this reason, he cannot look at himself in the mirror.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator

Bracken Cave, on the northern outskirts of San Antonio, is home to the world’s largest bat colony, with more than 15 million Mexican free-tailed bats. It is a key maternity site for this species, and females congregate there each year to give birth and rear their young. Mexican free-tailed bats are an essential predator of corn earworm moths and other crop pests, and the Bracken colony alone is estimated to consume over 100 tons of these moths every summer night.

😊🐨💕

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 15,917 Pro Player 👑

Hi @MountainMom thank you for this great thread, I absolutely love bats, awesome badge @Lola_Pop 🧛‍♂️🦇

Bat facts!

1. There are more than 1,300 bat species!

That makes them the second most common group of mammals, after rodents. In fact, around a fifth of all mammals on Earth are bats!

2. Bats are found almost everywhere on Earth!

Other than the polar regions, extreme deserts, and a few isolated islands, bats live in every habitat on Earth. Many species spend their time in huge tropical rainforests, while others inhabit grasslands, woodlands, and wetlands.

3. Some species weigh less than a penny, while others have a whopping 1.8m wingspan!

Some of the biggest bat species are part of a group known as megabats! These whopping bats live in the tropics, where they hang out in trees, snacking on fruit, nectar, and pollen.

DID YOU KNOW?

The majority of bats are known as ‘microbats‘. Unlike their megabat cousins, these species come out at night to munch on insects.

4. Bats sleep upside-down

Whether hiding in dark caves, sneaking into old tree hollows, or even living in the roofs of old buildings, all bats need a safe place to snooze – where they hang suspended from their feet! Scientists think this sleeping strategy allows bats to easily escape from predators, as they can drop straight into flight.

5. Most bats use sound to ‘see’ the world around them

This nifty navigation system is called echolocation! Bats send out waves of sound from their mouths or noses, which bounce off their surroundings right back to their ears. By listening to the echoes, bats can build up a picture of exactly what’s around them – including juicy insects!

WEIRD BUT TRUE!

Have you ever heard the phrase ‘blind as a bat’, to describe someone who can’t see very well? Well, this old saying is totally inaccurate, as bats have good eyesight as well as awesome hearing!

6. Ancient civilisations worshipped bat-like gods

The Aztecs celebrated many Gods including Mictlāntēcuhtli, the principle God of the Dead. This ancient deity had a scrunched, bat-like face and clawed hands and feet!

7. The scientific name for bats is Chiroptera, which means ‘hand wing’

Each bat wing is actually a thin layer of skin stretched between four long fingers and a thumb! In fact, the structure isn’t all that different to a human hand, or a crocodile’s foot

8. Blood-sucking ‘Vampire bats’

There are three species of blood-drinking bats – they tend to prey on livestock like cattle and horses, attacks on humans are very rare! Vampire bats can be found hunting at night in Mexico and other Central and South American countries.

9. When in flight, bats hearts beat 1,000 times a minute!

Some bat species can eat up to 1,200 mosquitoes an hour during their nightly hunts. With such busy feeding frenzies, their bodies are working overtime!

10. Bats are hugely important for people and the planet

Bats are pollinators, just like bees and butterflies. In fact, hundreds of plant species rely on bats to pollinate them, including fruits like bananas, avocados, and mangos! The bats then poop out the seeds, helping to disperse new trees.

Plus, bats all over the world eat millions of insects every night, protecting people from diseases spread by insects and reducing the amount of pesticide that farmers need to use to keep their crops bug-free. Cool!

This is "Batty" he's normally residing in my car 🤣

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?