🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Celebrate the Holiday Season with the Community! 1000 Gold bars to be won! (FINISHED)

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,325 Candy Moderator
    Hello @QueenMia :)   It is very sweet of the "whole KING Team" to conduct these contests to gift us with Gold Bars <3<3

About our Holiday Traditions -- being an Indian, it is more devotional then festive for us :)   In Indian calendar, this month is counted 30 days from New moon and starts usually in the mid of December.  This whole month, we, all like minded people gather together at 6 am or 8 am and chant / sing God's name which lasts for about 2 hours.  Then offer a special sweet made with Rice, Milk & Brown Sugar (we call it Jaggery).  Everyone brings an item and we all eat together & spend some time chatting and planning for next day.  I have noticed that when I follow this routine, that whole day gives me more energy, happiness & positive vibrations.  

Other than that, we do decorate a Tree with pretty ornaments.  Even though, we do not have this tradition, started for kids when we moved to US.  Both of us give gifts -- one that they really really want & one they will / can use.   Now, my daughter is more into this than me  =)  She likes to go all the way with the gifts.... let's see what she will gift us and whether she will be happy with the gift I bought for her (I am sure she will jump up & down B)B)B)

I think I have covered everything about our Holiday celebrations / traditions.  I will try to post a picture pertaining to the devotional gathering... but never took a picture when the chanting was going on!!  Hence, cannot promise!!!

Ok, that's all for now.  Thank you for giving this opportunity to share our tradition(s) :+1::+1::+1:
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Wow! I am amazed @Pummy_Raj Thanks for sharing Indian holiday traditions with us. It's always a great pleasure to learn about new cultures and traditions 😊
  • Trap1989
    Trap1989 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I will be spending Christmas with my beloved friends and family!
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Awww @Divax thanks for sharing this adorable family gif! What a lovely family :) I wish you 3 a very merry Xmas and a wonderful time together!

@Pummy_Raj, thanks so much for sharing about your traditions and culture! It's really great! I’m sure these days are indeed full of joy and good energy (and good food ;)).

To everyone, thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful time you all :h:heart:
  • vivi4n
    vivi4n Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hiya, I will be spending Christmas with my in laws this year in Hull. I'm so not looking forward to the five hours journey.
  • Divax
    Divax Posts: 51 Level 3
    @QueenMia Thanks darling, and merry Christmas to you and yours too ❤💕
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    Divax said:
    I think you are offending @QueenMia by calling her "darling". And merry christmas to you (Divax)!
  • Candybee
    Candybee Posts: 5 Level 2
    Happy holidays 🎄🎄 ill be in Dublin, Ireland celebrated with my family. Its been a tough year so really looking forward to seeing what 2019 brings xx
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Divax said:
    I think you are offending @QueenMia by calling her "darling". And merry christmas to you (Divax)!
    Hehe, guys, @AlejHerrBar2k3 @Divax, no, no offense at all! Merry Xmas to you both!
  • Reanny
    Reanny Posts: 7 Level 2
    On this vacation I go to the countryside with my family to get out of the routine, then I will organize a candy crush with my friends.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?