🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Color blindness help

schinigo
schinigo Posts: 6 Level 2
Hey guys - there are tons of us out here with color deficiencies or a degree of color blindness.  The only time it’s a problem is when there are levels with tons of color bombs because they’re all the same shape.  I would like to suggest making them more distinguishable from each other.  Thanks!
203 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    edited December 2018
    Hi, @schinigo Welcome to our Community 😊 This is really an interesting approach, I have to admit. Maybe they can implement some kind of setting that can be turned on or off optionally. It would be really awesome to help people with disabilities 🙏🏻 thanks for posting and have a wonderful evening 🌈
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    @QueenMia Now this is what I love; making games more accessible for everyone, even for people with disabilities!

I think by myself that if King makes some modifications to the looks of several candies which seem hard to recognize for color-blind people, we can make Candy Crush Friends more accessible. I've also had this idea of playing Candy Crush Friends using just a keyboard on Windows 10 devices (example, if there's a person that only has a keyboard plugged to their PCs but no mouse); that can be another way to make CC Friends playable by anybody. Will anyone help @schinigo play this better?
  • nutz42069
    nutz42069 Posts: 22 Level 2
     <3  <3<3>:)o:)<3  I agree fully hope they do that for u everyone deserves to crush
  • schinigo
    Appreciate the support guys!  It's not a HUGE problem for me personally except for when there are tons of color bombs...but I'm sure it's an issue for many out there.  Simple fix. Just put markings on the bombs (R for Red, B for blue, etc.) or make bomb shapes slightly different from each other.
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hi @schinigo and thanks a lot for your inputs! 

We will definitely look into it and see how we could make the game better for everyone! Other than adding letters on the candies, would you have any other ideas on what we could do? Do you play any game that is using an efficient way to make it easy to distinguish between the game items?

Thanks a lot and have the sweetest day! 

• schinigo
    This is the only game I play...but it's either make the shape of each color bomb distinguishable from each other...mark them somehow...or use different colors.  Red vs.Green & Blue vs.Purple deficiencies are very common among males...so maybe change the colors to something more distinguishable.  For example, if colors of candies & bombs were Yellow, Orange, Blue & Green...I would think most could distinguish.  With that said, it still leaves those who are fully color blind out...so that's where the shape difference comes into play.  Maybe a combination of a color & shape changes makes it all work. 
  • AlejHerrBar2k3
    AlejHerrBar2k3 Posts: 465 Level 4
    An idea that I have for this is that, if possible, this game adapt to the color filtering features of several OSes, such as Android and Windows 10 (since I think the Fall Creators Update?). If a colorblind person applies a color filter on the OS's accessibility settings, then Candy Crush Friends can adapt to the filter and apply it in-game accordingly. If the OS doesn't support a color filtering system (that being the case with versions of Android before 7.0), then Candy Friends can provide a toggle where anyone can enable color filtering only for that game. I hope King also provides color filtering for their other games.
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,242 Candy Moderator
    Hello @QueenMia!

While reading the posts, I was thinking how to differentiate the Coloring Bombs!!  Some ideas along with ones of @schinigo

(1) May be add White outline & the color of the bomb inside OR Color on the Outline & inside filled with white;

(2) Make the Coloring bombs completely Clear OR White as there are NO white color candy at all on the board in the game
     --  these 2 would definitely distinguish from other candies;
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Ok, thanks all of you for the great feedback and insights. I'll pass these along and we'll see what can possibly be done. If you find out about something just let us know :) 
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Hey @schinigo. Great suggestion. I am not colorblind but I do have a very close friend who is so I understand the importance of this

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?